Awoo.

Miitomo(Mobile devices, 2016)

Klinsy

So, Nintendo is finally getting into that mobile gaming stuff, and they're doing it with Miitomo, a free to play game with paid add ons:
miitomo-656x984.jpg

In the game, you basically use your Miis to reveal secrets about yourself to other people who come in contact with you.

Yes, you can finally how many hours I spent on SSMB if you're lucky to run into me.

The game is due to come out in 2016.

It doesn't have to be a game about Tomo  form Azumanga Daioh despite what the tittle suggests, but it can be if you're talented enough to make a MiiTomo.

Miitomo sounds...interesting? I dunno, I mean I can understand why they wanted to the Miis as the jumping point into the market. Wanna see how this plays out.

#YearOfTheDelayed

Edited by Spoopy Boo

Miitomo sounds...interesting? I dunno, I mean I can understand why they wanted to the Miis as the jumping point into the market. Wanna see how this plays out.

#YearOfTheDelayed

Actually, it was a tactics move, the game's done, they just wanted to start marketing first, and then strike right after the holiday season so it doesn't get drowned out by other stuff coming out

Actually, it was a tactics move, the game's done, they just wanted to start marketing first, and then strike right after the holiday season so it doesn't get drowned out by other stuff coming out

Not just that. I think the game is done, but it might not be fully localized, and they want it to be ready for a worldwide launch. They also confirmed there's more unannounced games for THIS year, too, oddly enough. So Zelda, Star Fox, and Miitomo get delayed, yet other games get released at the last second.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not just that. I think the game is done, but it might not be fully localized, and they want it to be ready for a worldwide launch. They also confirmed there's more unannounced games for THIS year, too, oddly enough. So Zelda, Star Fox, and Miitomo get delayed, yet other games get released at the last second.

Call me skeptical but I think release this year is cryptic for their financial year which extends to next year april (if I am remembering correctly) 

Call me skeptical but I think release this year is cryptic for their financial year which extends to next year april (if I am remembering correctly) 

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/151029/index.html

Well, no, I think that's incorrect. It simply doesn't say they're for this year at all. It only says they have more unannounced titles and it was badly translated initial. Either way the Direct is definitely this year, they'd have stated "fiscal" year specifically otherwise. (However, Project Guard was confirmed for this year. I also really do believe TP HD will release this year, too, probably in December.)

If anything, I think it's a good thing to see them finally get into the mobile market. They certainly avoided it for long enough.

..I don't particularly like the market myself, but whatever gets them the customers to stay thriving.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://tinycartridge.com/post/138609200142/miitomo-my-nintendo-points-system-next-month

This is indeed the mobile game coming out in March, we got some more info on what it will do.

You can share questions with other people and get to know them better.

There is also a picture mode where you can take pictures of your Mii in silly situations.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It's now out in Japan, and it's coming out to the rest of the world very soon. Here's a trailer:

In short, it's a more social, online Tomodachi Life, but without the "sim" or "virtual pet" aspect, and without boring mini-games. I think this has potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Still don't know why nowadays Windows Phone isn't called a mobile device for some kind... All the developers are ignoring it like it doesn't exist, lol

I'm having problems linking my account. I get to the part where I've already signed in and it wants me to confirm it. So I click "OK" and it opens another tab where I get

"This site can't be reached

null's server DNS address could not be found.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN"

Anyone know what I have to do?

6 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I'm having problems linking my account. I get to the part where I've already signed in and it wants me to confirm it. So I click "OK" and it opens another tab where I get "This site can't be reached

That's weird. Try giving it another go, or perhaps the server is overloaded at the moment? I'm not sure what that error message means exactly, researching it now. I didn't have this issue when signing up...

EDIT: The issues could range anywhere between having a fire-wall set up, a network misconfiguration or no internet connection at all.

When in doubt, reset your router and device. Turn both off and then on again and see if it does the trick. 

• Thumbs Up 1

How were you trying to sign in?  I think I set up a MyNintendo account but used my NNID instead, since I couldn't remember.   Server issues is always a good possibility too.  It let me in fine; I'm just waiting for it to finish downloading.

PSA: You can only add friends on Miitomo through Facebook, Twitter or in person.

If you're not interested in committing to either platform but still want to add some friends from SSMB, it's best to create a throwaway account on Twitter and then start following each other there. At that point, we'll start showing up on the available friends list once you link your Twitter account to MyNintendo. My Twitter account is @indigorush101 if you want to add me to your Miitomo friends list.

Not the most robust solution, but it certainly beats Friend Codes.

25 minutes ago, Marcello said:

I'm having problems linking my account. I get to the part where I've already signed in and it wants me to confirm it. So I click "OK" and it opens another tab where I get

"This site can't be reached

Please tell me I'm not the only one who noticed NXDOMAIN

• Thumbs Up 3

Ah, I was wondering about the add Facebook option.  I don't do twitter.  I guess I'll have to link up then.

I wish I'd saved my Hyrule Warriors Legends purchases a few days now, I don't get a lot off the eshop but I just did two purchases.  (Of course!)  So no gold coins for me.:(

Tails spin - I saw that and was going to ask how you got an NX and no wonder they won't let you log it on!, but there were too many posts in the way. :D

12 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

PSA: You can only add friends on Miitomo through Facebook, Twitter or in person.

If you're not interested in committing to either platform but still want to add some friends from SSMB, it's best to create a throwaway account on Twitter and then start following each other there. At that point, we'll start showing up on the available friends list once you link your Twitter account to MyNintendo. My Twitter account is @indigorush101 if you want to add me to your Miitomo friends list.

Not the most robust solution, but it certainly beats Friend Codes.

Honestly Nintendo, have you ever heard of plain and simple "Friend Requests"

It's those things we've been using since 2006.

I just told my phone I'm 'A little bit normal'.  Which means I'm a whole lot of weird?  Although I suppose I am, as I've just been hit with an age discrimination claim over a car fire at work (spontaneous electrical short in a colleague's vehicle). :blink: