Awoo.

Sega of America's chief operating officer says 'words'

Badnik Mechanic

People want a good new Sonic Adventure title, that's what they really mean when they refer to Sonic Adventure 3.

Sounds to me that you have no idea what you want just like the majority of people who want 'SA3' 

"Oh we want Sonic Adventure 3, but we don't want it to be called Sonic Adventure 3 because we've already had Sonic Adventure 3 and more reasons"

... .. ... .So you just want a good Sonic game then?

• Thumbs Up 6

Where to start....

Ratings is slashed over 40.0% since they aired Sonic boom first.

Yeah and? Most shows do this, what's your point? 

Furthermore, even if cartoon and toys are decent, Does this recover the loss which is caused by 2 Games which is assumed $20M development cost?

How many different territories have bought the rights to air Boom? The answer is... quite a lot. How many of those are exclusive rights to that region, I think that Canada and France are the only ones which show it on two networks... so exclusive rights for all the other territories... that's a lot of money right there. Odds are Boom has made more than the game development cost from foreign licenses alone.

Any evidence that toys are selling wel?

Yeah, Tomy have expanded the range recently, Entertainer in the UK recently restocked and now have huge window displays as well as a dedicated space on their site for it.

Like it or not. Boom has been a success, despite the terrible game.

Ratings has direct connection with commercial advertisement. I mean, Advertising cost, High ratings-high advertising cost isn't it?, So. commonsensically, or logically 40% rating drop cause serious effect on Advertising cost, As a result, profit drops.

And next, I admit that Sonic Boom Tv show wil be aired a lot of country, but, It's possible that game development is so high that Tv show and toys can't recover this loss isn't it?

And.. last, The reason I posted about this is number of inflowed Sonic fans seems far less than number of outflowed Sonic fans since Sonic Boom and SLW. Even if Sonic Boom success commercially, they lose many Sonic fans Are they try to make games that has possibility to outflow Sonic fans? In this situation??? I think this is Too low chance gamble..

Ratings has direct connection with commercial advertisement. I mean, Advertising cost, High ratings-high advertising cost isn't it?, So. commonsensically, or logically 40% rating drop cause serious effect on Advertising cost, As a result, profit drops.

Again, a ratings drop of this kind is normal. 

And next, I admit that Sonic Boom Tv show wil be aired a lot of country, but, It's possible that game development is so high that Tv show and toys can't recover this loss isn't it?

No it's not. Not by a long shot.

Even if Sonic Boom success commercially, they lose many Sonic fans Are they try to make games that has possibility to outflow Sonic fans? In this situation???

Of which you have absolutely nothing to back up such a statement. 

• Thumbs Up 4

Sounds to me that you have no idea what you want just like the majority of people who want 'SA3' 

"Oh we want Sonic Adventure 3, but we don't want it to be called Sonic Adventure 3 because we've already had Sonic Adventure 3 and more reasons"

... .. ... .So you just want a good Sonic game then?

I don't particularly care for it, but it's very easy to describe.

A Sonic game that is based off the Sonic Adventure formula's Sonic Action Stages which incorporates the other key elements of Sonic Adventure that doesn't suck in the way Sonic 2006 does. It's really not that complicated. People shutting down fans of Adventure with 'hur dur you shouldn't get Sonic Adventure 3 because Sonic 2006 sucked' is totally unfair and I'll call it out even if I'm not particularly bothered if Sonic Adventure 3 never happens.

I don't particularly care for it, but it's very easy to describe.

A Sonic game that is based off the Sonic Adventure formula's Sonic Action Stages which incorporates the other key elements of Sonic Adventure that doesn't suck in the way Sonic 2006 does. It's really not that complicated. People shutting down fans of Adventure with 'hur dur you shouldn't get Sonic Adventure 3 because Sonic 2006 sucked' is totally unfair and I'll call it out even if I'm not particularly bothered if Sonic Adventure 3 never happens.

How is it unfair when challenged on it the justification provided is completely ridiculous.

"I want Sonic Adventure 3"

*Posts my argument regarding building on formula's/Sonic 06*

"That's not what I meant! I want a good Sonic game! It doesn't have to be called Sonic Adventure 3!"

.... .... ... So why the fuck are you calling it Sonic Adventure 3 then!?

lol I'm literally sat here laughing at this. "Calling Sonic 06 SA3 is unfiar and not right! But I want Sonic Adventure 3 only it doesn't have to be called SA3!" 

You mean like how we could call it Sonic 06?

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 5

How is it unfair when challenged on it the justification provided is completely ridiculous.

"I want Sonic Adventure 3"

*Posts my argument regarding building on formula's/Sonic 06*

"That's not what I meant! I want a good Sonic game! It doesn't have to be called Sonic Adventure 3!"

.... .... ... So why the fuck are you calling it Sonic Adventure 3 then!?

I've just said why, because it's a buzzword that people use. It's more effective than going in depth about your dream game. That's why the Sonic 4 title carried so much weight.

It's unfair to just assume that Sonic Adventure 3 would be a terrible game on the level of Sonic 06. That game is nearly ten years old, the Sonic Team is totally different now compared to back then. When people say 'Sonic Adventure 3' they don't tend to have the next Sonic 06 on their mind.

It's unfair to just assume that Sonic Adventure 3 would be a terrible game on the level of Sonic 06. 

Excuse me? I don't believe I ever commented on the quality of any future game.

Excuse me? I don't believe I ever commented on the quality of any future game.

Yes you did.

The whole reason you laugh at Sonic Adventure 3 requests is because you think Sonic 2006 is unofficially Sonic Adventure 3. You are making the assumption that Sonic Adventure 3, if it were to be announced, would be on the same level as the games you think failed in the Sonic Adventure formula, such as Sonic Heroes, Shadow and Sonic 06.

That's the reason you said "Oh god no" in a demeaning manner when I suggested it.

Unless you are going to change your tune right now and argue something else :P

Edited by Regen

Yes you are.

The whole reason you laugh at Sonic Adventure 3 requests is because you think Sonic 2006 is unofficially Sonic Adventure 3. You are making the assumption that Sonic Adventure 3, if it were to be announced, would be on the same level as the games you think failed in the Sonic Adventure formula, such as Sonic Heroes, Shadow and Sonic 06.

That's the reason you said "Oh god no" in a demeaning manner when I suggested it.

I said nothing of the sort and you know it, you have made a huge assumption which is completely wrong and from the looks of this post completely ignored what I actually said.

Unless you are going to change your tune right now and argue something else :P

Pathetic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pathetic.

I don't think you have much of a sense of humour :P

I said nothing of the sort and you know it, you have made a huge assumption which is completely wrong and from the looks of this post completely ignored what I actually said.

Anyway, yes you did, it's clear for all to see.

When people say "I want Sonic Adventure 3" it literally just means they want a game like Sonic Adventure that doesn't suck ass. It's that simple. Why is this even an argument

• Thumbs Up 9

When people say "I want Sonic Adventure 3" it literally just means they want a game like Sonic Adventure that doesn't suck ass. It's that simple. Why is this even an argument

It shouldn't be, but Hogfather took the piss and seemingly never wants to see Sonic Adventure 3. I assumed it's because he was saying it would be terrible because he was heavily implying in that direction. Yet apparently not. I now have no idea why he's rigidly against it.

Edited by Regen

I don't think you have much of a sense of humour :P

Anyway, yes you did, it's clear for all to see.

And I don't think you have much of an argument. If it's so clear to see. Quote me saying or even referencing the quality of future Sonic titles.

For the last 2 pages I have been talking about how games build off formulas and why 2 of the many pro SA3 arguments don't work.

But go ahead. If it's so clear to see it should be no problem for you to find something to support your accusations without resorting to twisting what I've said or making an assumption with nothing to back it up.

..... .... no... it means they want a sequel to Sonic Adventure 2.

Saying I want a game like Sonic Adventure  which doesnt suck is open to wild interpretation as to what kind of game you want followed by a quality control issue.

I can do this too.

E. G. I want a game like Metal Gear Solid 4 which doesn't suck.

I want Metal Gear Solid 5.

Is MGS 5 like MGS4? Nope. 

"I want a ham sandwich."

*brings you a ham sandwich.*

"This isn't what I wanted! I wanted something like a ham sandwich!"

• Thumbs Up 1

Christ no.

Evidence 1: I can't imagine why you would say 'Christ no' to SA3 if you didn't think it would be terrible.

Yes it is because we've already had it, it's called Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 and it was shit.

Evidence 2. Made the unfortunate link to Sonic 06, claiming SA3 already happened and it was shit. Therefore, why would we want SA3 if the last time they tried it, well, it turned out shit.

The only reason people want a game with the words Sonic Adventure 3 in it is because they're looking for a name and are too naive to realise the following.

2: That naming something means bugger all if the final product is naff.

Evidence 3. Said that it doesn't matter if the game is called Sonic Adventure 3 because if the final product ends up being shit it's still going to be shit. 

So quite a lot of evidence :P .

Just admit that you think Sonic Adventure 3 will be a bad game. I won't get offended.

..... .... no... it means they want a sequel to Sonic Adventure 2.

Saying I want a game like Sonic Adventure  which doesnt suck is open to wild interpretation as to what kind of game you want followed by a quality control issue.

I can do this too.

E. G. I want a game like Metal Gear Solid 4 which doesn't suck.

I want Metal Gear Solid 5.

Is MGS 5 like MGS4? Nope. 

i feel like the two Adventure games have enough in common that it's really not as complex of an issue as you're making it out to be. Obviously the specifics of what people want vary, but the basics are the same: A game that shares a lot of traits with the Adventure series that isn't ass. Slower, more open ended Sonic gameplay, multiple playable characters, story based around action rather than comedy, the works.

• Thumbs Up 1

Evidence 1: I can't imagine why you would say 'Christ no' to SA3 if you didn't think it would be terrible

Evidence 2. Made the unfortunate link to Sonic 06, claiming SA3 already happened and it was shit. Therefore, why would we want SA3 if the last time they tried it, well, it turned out shit.

Evidence 3. Said that it doesn't matter if the game is called Sonic Adventure 3 because if the final product ends up being shit it's still going to be shit. 

So quite a lot of evidence :P .

Just admit that you think Sonic Adventure 3 will be a bad game. I won't get offended.

1: Yes because the possibility I have that the formula is old and wouldn't work very well in this market has nothing to do with it. Or that maybe I don't like multiple characters. Or that I think a lot of what is core to SA is dated... yeah it must be mindless I think it'll be bad just cos.

2: Well done you ignored the entire post. You asked for SA3. I pointed out how it's already happened but you and others dismiss it for X number of reasons and how the one of the only reasons you want it is for the name alone.

3. So according to you. Saying the naming of something doesn't equal quality means I think a game with that name would instantly be shit? No further comment your honor 

• Thumbs Up 2

SA3 discussion is banned for a reason and you guys have resoundingly proven why: you can't actually discuss it without acting like prats. Drop the tangent and get back to actually talking about what Sega PR's doled out.

• Thumbs Up 6

SA3 discussion is banned for a reason and you guys have resoundingly proven why: you can't actually discuss it without acting like prats. Drop the tangent and get back to actually talking about what Sega PR's doled out.

Would you not make a SA3 thread so us prats could discuss it there :P

Wow, did I not just say SA3 discussion is banned?

I'm not in the mood for your attitude right now, Regen, particularly since you are half the reason the thread went to shit. Drop it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Pretty sure you could just make a Sonic Advance thread instead just for Advance 3.

• Thumbs Up 6

Uh, edited. Just now I saw Nepenthe's post about it being about the forbidden topic.

Edited by ZDozer
  • Thumbs Up 1

@ZDozer  I thought I said stop talking about the tangent. Anymore posts about it and strikes are to be had.

Sorry, hadn't seen the post above until I saw that answer. Saw Hog's post and ended up answering it without checking this page.