Awoo.

Sonic Adventure 2 (2011) help

Solister

Hello every one, recently I download Sonic Adventure 2 for PC, but when I start the game I only see a black screen. I can hear the game sounds and musics, apparently the game runs but the video not.

x3LOWAn.png

Probably is problem of my old PC:

Windows 7 Ultimate - Service Pack 1

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz 3.01 GHz

RAM 2,00 GB

Windows 32 bits

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200

If help, I can play SADX, Sonic Heroes and Sonic Riders (but isn't installed) normally in my PC. I tried to use Chankast or NullDC but runs very slow and Sonic Adventure 2 is one of the games of my list of Sonic wishes. If you passed the same problem and fixed HELP ME!.

Edited by Marcelo Malaman

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solister

• Regen

• shdowhunt60

• Chris

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to ask the obvious, have you updated your drivers? Also, try messing about with the resolution options in the launcher, that might be a reason, although I'm not really sure.

This might be something to do with your Nvidia Graphics Card. Are you using a laptop or desktop?

I'm going to ask the obvious, have you updated your drivers? Also, try messing about with the resolution options in the launcher, that might be a reason, although I'm not really sure.

This might be something to do with your Nvidia Graphics Card. Are you using a laptop or desktop?

My drive is updated, I tried all options of Launcher. I'm using an desktop. But the most probably is the Video Card are too old.

Have you maybe tried changing the vsync settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, I remember that caused problems with SA2 on Steam. Maybe try to use the application 3D configuration?

Have you maybe tried changing the vsync settings in the Nvidia Control Panel, I remember that caused problems with SA2 on Steam. Maybe try to use the application 3D configuration?

Yes, I made some changes, but I'm afraid to change something to end up affecting other games, so it need some instruction.

Yes, I made some changes, but I'm afraid to change something to end up affecting other games, so it need some instruction.

I'm not sure if this will work, but give it a shot.

Got to bottom right toolbar - click on Nvidia Icon - Open Nvidia Control Panel

Under 3D Settings (left) - Manage 3D Settings - Under 'Select a Programme to Customize' check if Sonic Adventure 2 is there and if not add it (the App not the launcher).

On 2. Select the preferred graphics for this programme select your graphics card and you should be able to make changes. When it shows Vertical Sync select 'use the 3D application setting'. If that doesn't work then try Vertical Sync as 'off'.

I'm not sure if this will work, but give it a shot.

Got to bottom right toolbar - click on Nvidia Icon - Open Nvidia Control Panel

Under 3D Settings (left) - Manage 3D Settings - Under 'Select a Programme to Customize' check if Sonic Adventure 2 is there and if not add it (the App not the launcher).

On 2. Select the preferred graphics for this programme select your graphics card and you should be able to make changes. When it shows Vertical Sync select 'use the 3D application setting'. If that doesn't work then try Vertical Sync as 'off'.

I tried, but nothing has changed. I think the only way is to but a new video card, but if you have any other ideas let me know, otherwise, thanks for trying to help.

Unfortunately SA2 runs at a locked 60 FPS and it's way too hard to run considering what it is. Sorry I couldn't fix it!

Edited by Regen

Unfortunately SA2 runs at a locked 60 FPS and it's way too hard to run considering what it is. Sorry I couldn't fix it!

Okay, I can still use the SA2 files on Heroes, because they use the same engine.

Sorry, not quite sure what you mean?

That you can use the music files, videos and other things of Sonic Adventure 2 in Sonic Heroes, just copy and replace in the Sonic Heroes folder.

This game runs on my shitty laptop with a AMD E1-1200, I'm almost certain that your Preschott would run it. The only thing I can think of is that I heard somewhere that the Steam version of SA2B has an issue with trying to make the game trying to sync itself with high-refresh displays?

That you can use the music files, videos and other things of Sonic Adventure 2 in Sonic Heroes, just copy and replace in the Sonic Heroes folder.

I've... Never heard of this. As far as I know, Heroes uses a completely different engine from SA2. If this works, maybe you can hack it so that you use a driver profile from Heroes?

This game runs on my shitty laptop with a AMD E1-1200, I'm almost certain that your Preschott would run it. The only thing I can think of is that I heard somewhere that the Steam version of SA2B has an issue with trying to make the game trying to sync itself with high-refresh displays?

I've... Never heard of this. As far as I know, Heroes uses a completely different engine from SA2. If this works, maybe you can hack it so that you use a driver profile from Heroes?

I only see a black screen with SA2 sounds, more nothing. I can access the menus start levels. It would be like playing it being a blind person. Already as editing. If you pick a Music of Sonic Adventure 2, and replace by a Sonic Heroes Music, it will change in game too. Example:

c_escap1.adx - Is the City Escape music.

SNG_STG03.adx - Is the Grand Metropolis music.

If I copy c_escap1.adx to BGM folder Sonic Heroes and rename to SNG_STG03.adx, when I start Sonic Heroes and go to Grand Metropolis I Listen to City Escape Music, not Grand Metropolis.

That's... Interesting, probably just means that they use the same sound file formats though.

This is baffling, but maybe it's your GPU that's causing problems? The system requirements lists a 8600 gt in the requirements, so it could be that your GPU simply isn't compatible.

I'm going to ask the obvious, have you updated your drivers?

Nvidia dropped support of most of the older cards years ago - I have a feeling that his FX5200 is also an AGP card, adding insult to injury.

Try the following:

• Swap the game to running on OpenGL (if Sonic Adventure 2 supports it);
  • Run in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows (as you're using 7 on incredibly old hardware, it might not fully function);
  • Verify that the game is running on your FX5200 and not an onboard graphics chip (see: Intel) instead (if you have one).