Awoo.

Halloween

Pawn

Embedded image permalink

Another Halloween is almost over! So what have you guys been doing? Partying? Watching spoopy films or chilling to a ghoulish playlist? Enjoying the Halloween-themed shenanigans of the Sonic Twitter? Pigging out on delicious treats? Maybe doing a spot of trick-or-treatin' yourself?

Or perhaps you decided to spend part of your free time carving a couple of jack-o-lanterns and the rest answering the door to tiny monsters, like I did....

ce8pPUw.jpg

Scarecrow is kind of a combination of his Arkham Asylum design and this fantastic figure and the concept art it is based on. Totoro came out even creepier than I expected, which is super.

wq7ek3z.jpg

VTBQS4X.jpg

I seem to have less and less time to spend on these each year!

That didn't stop me from doing two though...

Edited by Pawnkin
  • Thumbs Up 7

I don't celebrate Halloween, so I don't do any of those things.

But I do get in the Halloween mood when it because I like scary stuff.

The last time I went trick or' treating I was 10 years old. I felt like I missed out on alot Halloween memories for a long time since my mother is so religious. I'm not doing much this year other than giving out candy to the kids. 

But every year I doodle up a Halloween theme drawing. 

Halloween_2015_sketch.thumb.png.680d3c90

• Thumbs Up 6

"Partying? Watching spoopy films or chilling to a ghoulish playlist"

I wish. I'm going to be studying for my bio test by the time all of the fun stuff happens on Halloween. The spooks are postponed for me. :(

Edited by McGroose

What I'm doing for Halloween is the usual give treats. I'm currently pumping out A Ghost Pumpkin's Soup along with it, so I'm in the spoopy mood. I have a Screamer mask from ages ago as well but it's crummy now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Personally, I've spent so much time preparing for the event that I haven't really celebrated it. It's a paradox, really.

• Thumbs Up 3

My family is planning on making a fire and roasting marshmallows and hot dogs, plus we'll be giving out candy to the chill'uns. Also, while I don't really have a costume, I am wearing a Clark Kent-themed outfit - a Superman T-shirt plus a white blouse, a red tie, and a red "Supergirl" skirt :3 Someday, I might make it into a full-fledged cosplay - dye my hair black, change my glasses to some that actually look like Clark's, etc. - but I'm still very happy wearing it as it is :) 

• Thumbs Up 5

Is there a certain age where people expect you stop trick or treating? Last time I went was when 14 but my friend still does it, and he's a junior in high school!

Man, I wish people trick or treat around my neighborhood so I can give them candy, it at least gives me someway to celebrate Halloween

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't celebrate Halloween too much, like put up decorations, go to scary events like a haunted house, etc. But I do enjoy carving a pumpkin and dressing up to pass out candy :D (People come to me to see my costume! I don't have to walk anywhere! How cool is that?!?! Oh yeah, and they come to get candy too :P) Dressing up is my most favorite part of Halloween because I love to make my own costumes. 2010 I was Amy Rose, 2013 I went as Quorra from Tron Legacy, 2014 I was the 4th Doctor from Doctor Who. This year? I went as Mike Nesmith from The Monkees! I crocheted the hat, and sewed the buttons and felt on the shirt all myself. We also carved a pumpkin with The Monkees logo on it:)

• Thumbs Up 5

Well I went as Sonic the Hedgehog again this year but this time I took pictures!

halloween_2015___sonic_the_hedgehog_by_s

By the way that's my brother next to me, he was a zombie. We both managed to petrify trick or treaters. Basically I held the candy bowl while acting like a broken doll with a creepy grin on my face while children went to grab candy and my brother hid in the back of his truck and would jump up, acting like he was trying to grab someone whenever I gave him the cue by shouting "Happy Halloween!" So we gave them a double scare and we only had one child bawl and say how she never wanted to come to our house again. XD

• Thumbs Up 6

Well I did a few things to get in the spirit. I watched Nightmare Before Christmas and Dracula (the Christopher Lee one) for the first times, I also finally gave Costume Quest a try as its been sitting in my Steam library for ages. I pigged out on sweets and popcorn while doing these things because fuck you it's Halloween.

But as far as the actual night itself went...meeeeh. You see, as a pizza driver, I have to work Halloween nights. Last year was pretty awesome though, as we were super busy and I got to be out in the middle of it all (plus the money was pretty damn good if I do say so). I saw all the cool shit. But last night was actually pretty dead, so I barely got to experience anything even remotely Halloween-ish. It was pretty disappointing :/

Edited by Speederino

Oh, those jack-o-lanterns became scary! Good job! ;)

I also made lanterns, I never miss it! But I think I celebrate those holidays with less and less care each year... And that is not really good... :/

mangle_costume___by_antelabbit-d9f77a6.p

my face looks weird and i forgot my neck bow here but oh well. here's my mangle costume from last night!

(yes i headcanon the extra endoskeleton head as a parrot now shush)

• Thumbs Up 2

A friend of mine hosted a Halloween party. It was pretty fun despite two of his friends showing really late and some other guest that were meant to be there weren't able to make it. The best part was the food. Oh man, those homemade ziti and brownies were amazing!

• Thumbs Up 1

I had to work on Halloween, but luckily I got to dress up! Who better than the blue blur himself? It wasn't anything fancy, just a Sonic hat (the one with the full quills), a blue shirt to match, blue jeans, and I actually had an idea for the shoes. I was going to buy a red pair of shoes, then wrap the center of them up with white sports tape to look like the strap. Couldn't really find anything good, so I took the next step and used red sports tape to cover my regular shoes, then white tape to make the strap. I don't really have a picture of me in the costume, but I did manage to take a photo of my shoes! What do you think? c:

cLKiCmr.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2