Awoo.

Anything you want from the franchise that'd never realistically happen?

Writer's Blah

Why does everyone who's asking for a Sonic fighting-game spin-off always wants it as a Smash clone ? A Smash clone doesn't fit Sonic because Smash is all about careful footsies (ie carefully controlling your position) and Sonic is really bad at footsies, personally it would be better as a Anarchy Reigns clone but with less combos and more chasing through momentum control (basically Sonic Battle 3D).

Well, I did say that a Smash clone is even less realistic. I primarily want another Sonic Battle but in 3D and only suggested a Smash Clone as a feasible (not so anymore thanks to what you pointed out) but very unlikely alternative.

I keep having cravings for another Sonic RPG to be made, except it would integrate Sonic's speed into the game mechanics - say an Action RPG.
I'll admit, I did sort of enjoy Chronicles despite the graphics being crap, music crap, gameplay crap, characterization crap etc (Whoa, a bit too many faults there..), but it's pretty damn clear that it could've been much better than what we got churned out - and ever since then, I swear I've waited for a better attempt at an RPG to be done for the franchise than a copy-pasted turn based RPG  imitating Elite Beat Agents with Sonic's face plastered on and crud presentation booming on high volume.

Buuuuuut I doubt that this will ever happen anyway ( let alone a turn-based one ), though I can always dream.

• Thumbs Up 2

I would love to see Super Silver, Super Shadow, and Burning Blaze again.

Furthermore, I would love to see another story book game. 2 games hardly makes a series. Sonic and the Black Knight is one of my favorite games, partly because it implements Sonic's friends perfectly. Gawain, Lancelot, and Percival, are variations of Sonic and are at times, more enjoyable to play than Sonic himself, like in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. That's how it should be, and that's why I would love to see another storybook game.

And as mentioned above, another Sonic RPG, one with a bit more effort put into it this time.

• Thumbs Up 2

Furthermore, I would love to see another story book game. 2 games hardly makes a series. Sonic and the Black Knight is one of my favorite games, partly because it implements Sonic's friends perfectly. Gawain, Lancelot, and Percival, are variations of Sonic and are at times, more enjoyable to play than Sonic himself, like in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. That's how it should be, and that's why I would love to see another storybook game.

Actually, yeah! I loved Sonic and the Secret Rings and I loved the story in Sonic and the Black Knight (I found it too short though). I would love to see one based on a Japanese or Chinese myth! That would be awesome since they already covered England and the middle East.

You don't nescecarily need a Storybook game to have multiple playable characters as long as Sonic Team wants to put them in the mainline games, in fact I think the Storybook games should be where Sonic Team experiments  new gameplay mechanics with the succesful one brought over to the mainline games (Just like Kenzan and Ishin, who share the same general concept with the Storybook games).

• Thumbs Up 1

Too many things.

I agree with the folks that have said a new Sonic Racing game in the vein of Sonic R and a new fighting game for this series would be great. I had such a fun time with Sonic R, Sonic the Fighters, and Sonic Battle. Riders too, a proper sequel would be excellent.

The multiplayer is SA2 is great and it keeps me and my friend coming back to it, and I'd love to see another multiplayer main Sonic game like that. I've always thought that Unleashed or Generations really missed out on fun, boost oriented multiplayer stages. Also, make the character choices Amy, Shadow, Blaze, Silver, Metal Sonic, Espio, any Speed type character really. Not just dumb Sonic bots like Colors had.

I'd love a Chaotix game that focuses on the types of jobs they get, or it could be a silly detective mystery. I think I saw someone post an idea like that in some other topic and I've thought about it before myself. If only.

More animated shorts. The ones Unleashed had and Night of the Werehog were beautifully done. One where maybe Knuckles is on his island napping in front of the Maser Emerald, and Rouge shows up and causes trouble. I'm picturing it to be sort of Tom & Jerry esque, where Knuckles is like Tom and Rouge is like Jerry. She could come up with knick knacks and clever ways to fool him, while he then gets mad and chases her. Idk man this sounds great to me. I'd like more stories that focus on other characters too, but that one is sticking out right now.

Playable characters to make a return to the main games. I don't understand when people say there were too many characters in Heroes. To me it's always been like, the more the merrier. If anything I thought Heroes did the whole playable characters thing right anyways, all the speed types are variations on Sonic, Power is similar to Knuckles and Fly similar to Tails. (The latter shows more when you can manage to get Fly types by themselves) Anyways, it'd also be cool to see completely unique movesets for the extended cast too. Either way is cool.

A Sonic Heroes 2 would make my world. I love Heroes to pieces.

Sonic Rush 3. Not Colors DS like some fools seem to think that's what it is.

I'd love it if Hideki Naganuma would come back on occasion to produce music for the series.

A Blaze oriented side series where we get to see her adventures in her own dimension. She's supposed to be the "Sonic" of her world. 

For Big to come back and become a traditional cameo character. (On another note, I was so upset when I found out he was gone in All Stars Racing Transformed. He was my main guy in the first)

I'd love for Amy to play a bigger role in the main games. Plus her playstyle is so fun in SA1 and Advance 1. Though I also love love love Amy's Sonic-y moveset from basically SA2, Heroes, and Advance 2 and 3. Either way, I just want to see her back and important.

A Knuckles side series. I really wish he would have stayed as relevant as he was in the olden days. (90s)

For Sonic Runners to not be so dumb. The game itself is so fun. But it's ruined by the roulette, laggy menus, and an incompetent team of people banning people who are playing fairly. It'd be so much better if it was like a 99 cent game free of ads. I wouldn't mind throwing money at it to support. But I'm not gonna spend money on red rings when I'm not even guaranteed what I want from the roulette wheel. 

I think that's all I can think of right now. Though I know there's way more in the back of my head. This is too long already.

Edited by monkokaio
  • Thumbs Up 6

A Sonic Riders sequel that goes back to the gameplay of the first game and polishes it, with solid online multiplayer.

Y E S.

I WANT THIS REALLY BADLY AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW HOW BAD I WANTED IT UNTIL NOW.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just about every last character playable, with a fitting and unique moveset. Even Sonic World fell short of this (why does everyone spin?). Yes, this roster does include characters from outside the games.

Just including characters from non-game media in general.

I think we should see what King Boom Boo was like when he was alive :3. Or a Sonaze wedding :3/

• Thumbs Up 2

Fang the Sniper to return. A Sonic/Looney Tunes crossover cartoon special. And Morgan Freeman cast in the live-action Sonic movie. I want to see him have a conversation with a CGI Sonic.

• Thumbs Up 4

I've had too many ideas for this series, both silly and serious, so I'll pick out my best ideas in both categories.

Serious:

-A 3D platformer-RPG where you conquer dungeons filled with different puzzles and obstacles with characters designed in the Sonic style, with different classes to suit each obstacles (speedy characters run up walls, strong characters break weak walls, etc.)

-An anime about the adventures of the Chaotix, with really good traditional animation by TMS to make up for the visual travesty of Sonic X.

-An adaptation of Sonic SatAM that combines the controls and sandbox world of Crackdown with the general progression in stakes of Freedom Fighters to make a game in which you can sabotage Robotnik's plans by going after a number of bases inside Robotropolis and beyond in any order, with each of the multiple characters giving you different ways to tackle the problem.

-A 2D Sonic game with a trick system that encourages OCD players to play through the levels over and over again to get the possible high score (came up with this when trying to figure out how to live up to Yuji Naka's philosophy with the earlier games of playing them repeatedly to get better at them).

-A Sonic fighting game in the style of the Dragon Ball Z Sparking! games, where you have a fully free-roaming 3D, destructible battlefield with which to use the variety of skills each character has to their best potential.

-Sonic/Knuckles to be the canon romance of Sonic Boom. The two genuinely seem to get on really well in the show and it would be a lot more natural, whereas the Sonamy thing just seems to be done to please the fans who cannot stop writing the same ten romantic fanfics over and over again.

Silly:

-A Sonic/Tails visual novel for the 3DS, with hi-res art done by the finest artists and music composed by Yoko Kanno & Shiro Sagisu, along with plenty of fully animated bonus scenes for beating the game on its hardest paths.

-Sonic's dad to appear in the Sonic movie, where he is voiced by the one and only David Bowie. Also means the film gets an obligatory Bowie song to tie-in with the movie.

-A game with this song used at some point:

• Thumbs Up 1

I wouldn't mind a continuation of Sonic Chronicles story, but in story only. The gameplay I would want to be something more akin to action RPG's like Kingdom Hearts(3D specifically), so things like speed could be better integrated into the gameplay, and multiple characters could be used still. Perhaps it could be on a console, or Vita. And I'm aware Boom and Unleashed tried combat, and was hated, but I don't know, I feel like combat can be fun and still keep elements of Sonic to make it not feel super out of place.

• Thumbs Up 4

There are so many things what I want but here is few of them:

Multiple playable characters back AND not handling it in a way that other character is made relevant by taking away other characters previous abilities. Just take a look at Sonic World, it has so many characters and 1. all of them are fast 2. they all have some unique abilities, while some characters share them and not all of them are that good it's still better than SEGA has ever done, at least in 3D (even if I think that release 6 took some steps backwards from 5)

Spiritual successor to Sonic Heroes (oh, isn't Sonic World in a way that)

Some sort of backstory to Sonic and Tails, I mean we don't know practically nothing important about them.

I would like to see Chaotix in a major role in mainseries game.

Sonic 4 Episode 3, which finally mark the point that Sonic 4 has more content than any of it's predecessors.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another one I've thought of several times is a Sonic Underground game. Now put down those pitchforks and hear me out. My idea is as follows:

it follows the show almost word for word but fills in all the plot holes, including the awful ending 

You spend most of your time in gigantic, sandbox hub worlds, something similar to what Jak 2 did but with 3 or 4 hubs; Robotropolis, the desert, Mobodoon and that mountainous region, other locations can come as part of those hubs, you could have small missions you undertake as a freedom fighter that are given to you by various NPCs scattered around, the main progression comes in the form of stages with different objectives that are triggered when you access certain areas at certain times 

You choose from each of the three siblings, each one with their own abilities but none of which affects anything in any major way, it's just up to your own preference like most MMOs and Warriors games do; Sonic - plays like a traditional 3D Sonic game basically but with his guitar gun as an extra attack for those tougher enemies, Manic - more of a brawler type character who can also throw his drumsticks for a projectile attack, use his drums to cause earthquakes in a wide ranged attack and uses his hoverboard to get around faster, Sonia - the most agile character (plays more like the traditional assassin/ninja type character), also uses her keyboard the same way Sonic uses his guitar and uses her bike to move faster. Possibly also give them unique abilities such as: Sonic is the only one who can do timed sections, Sonia is the only one who can distract guards and Manic's the only one who can unlock doors. This could open up possibilities for a co-op mode.

Bosses could be done as rhythm stages, something similar to what the Nightmare Before Christmas game did.

There could be stages and/or missions that involve controlling the van with one character driving and another using the turret on top, again, this could be used in a co-op mode too.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thought of another one: In an episode of Boom, Cubot and Orbot search the scrap bin for tools to build Eggman a birthday present with. They accidently revive Scratch and Grounder, who immediately try to convince Eggman to let them be his henchmen again. Eggman declares whoever captures Sonic first, is worthy of being his lackey. So it's Scratch and Grounder Vs. Orbot and Cubot.

• Thumbs Up 3

-Sonic/Knuckles to be the canon romance of Sonic Boom. The two genuinely seem to get on really well in the show and it would be a lot more natural, whereas the Sonamy thing just seems to be done to please the fans who cannot stop writing the same ten romantic fanfics over and over again.

Well, to be fair, all Sonic ships have about the same ten fanfics about the pairing being written over and over again. 

Now onto my list:

- No more shallow nostalgia pandering. SEGA, if you want to "bring Sonic back to his roots," then make a Sonic game that's as good as the classics.

- No more bringing in Knuckles for no good reason. If you're going to put Knuckles in a game, then at least explain why he's not on Angel Island. And it's not hard to do that.

- A Chaotix spin-off game. Seriously, how cool would it be to play a detective game using The Chaotix? Sadly, they have barely been seen since ShTH, so it's probably not going to happen.

- A Sonic game, where he teams up with Amy. Now, hear me out. We've seen a Sonic game that features Sonic & Knuckles, and we've seen countless Sonic games that featured Sonic & Tails. Why shouldn't we get a Sonic game where he teams up with Amy? She can fight, she's close friends with Sonic, we haven't seen it happen yet, so it would be something different. Honestly, I see no good reason why it shouldn't happen.

- Cream being used again. The character has potential, and she should be a member of the main cast, considering her close friendship with Amy.

- I agree with the people on here who said that they would like to see more CGI shorts like Night Of The Werehog. I loved that short, and it's a damn shame that we haven't seen anything like it from Sonic since.

- I'd like to see Blaze get a spin-off game. I'm interested in the Sol Dimension, and I'd like to see more of it.

There's a bunch more I'd like to see out of this series, but for the most part, I just want to see effort being put back into the Sonic games again. Seriously, it seems like the last time SEGA/Sonic Team cared, was when they did Sonic Unleashed. Ever since, it just feels like they haven't cared, and I'd like to see that change.

Edited by D.H
  • Thumbs Up 4

- A Chaotix spin-off game. Seriously, how cool would it be to play a detective game using The Chaotix? Sadly, they have barely been seen since ShTH, so it's probably not going to happen. Knuckles Chaotix says hi

- A Sonic game, where he teams up with Amy. Now, hear me out. We've seen a Sonic game that features Sonic & Knuckles, and we've seen countless Sonic games that featured Sonic & Tails. Why shouldn't we get a Sonic game where he teams up with Amy? She can fight, she's close friends with Sonic, we haven't seen it happen yet, so it would be something different. Honestly, I see no good reason why it shouldn't happen. Sonic Advance... was it 2 or 3? I forgot which, allowed that. It resulted in a hilarious plot line.

Edited by kamifox1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Big the Cat being brought back as a playable character with his gameplay overhauled to make him play more like Sonic. I can see Big working quite well in a Sonic game if SEGA actually gave it another try. Imagine slowly gathering momentum while playing as this massive character, and then plowing through enemies and even the scenery at massive speeds on your way to the end of the stage.

Big the Cat being brought back as a playable character with his gameplay overhauled to make him play more like Sonic. I can see Big working quite well in a Sonic game if SEGA actually gave it another try. Imagine slowly gathering momentum while playing as this massive character, and then plowing through enemies and even the scenery at massive speeds on your way to the end of the stage.

All the while, hearing FWOGGYYYYYYYYYYYYYY I'LL SAVE YOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUU

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd love a Chaotix game that focuses on the types of jobs they get, or it could be a silly detective mystery. I think I saw someone post an idea like that in some other topic and I've thought about it before myself. If only.

hehehe..i think that was me  (:huh:?) .. i remember posting something like that on a Sonic video games ideas..buti'mnotsure

also i think posted that time i wanted a mobile chibi Sonic game.. like a tamagotchi Sonic like game

---- but now..

-i'd would like to see an Amy Rose spin off Video game.. XD it would be a good chance to develop her character in a right way and maybe to make her more independient of Sonic giving her an adventure for herself and also expand her world towards her friends as Cream, Vanilla , Big and Blaze

^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

Consistency for more than 3 games.

Haha, I was about to say this.

The series sticking to a consistent direction is what I want. Not just gameplay-wise, but also story-wise and visually. This won't happen because of SEGA's "get rich quick" mindset which never works. The boost trilogy is the closet the series has come to being consistent since the early 90's.

• Thumbs Up 1

also i think posted that time i wanted a mobile chibi Sonic game.. like a tamagotchi Sonic like game

There actually was a Sonic Tamagotchi only in Japan, it was... weird... it involved raising an actual Sonic...

• Thumbs Up 2

Knuckles getting more attention and development...like...a lot more. For example: Explaining why he doesn't need to attend to the Master Emerald 24/7 and can go on adventures, exploring his bond with the Master Emerald, showing what life on Angel Island is like, exploring his skills and relationships more, etc.

Perhaps my number one wish is a 3D game that is closely based on the gameplay of the classics, in the sense of actually capturing what was so great about them. Sonic/Shadow's gameplay in the Adventures is a good starting point; just build on that with even more learned from the classics, such as incorporating rolling and alternate pathways. While it  wouldn't be essential, having Tails and Knuckles playable (with very similar gameplay to Sonic's, just different moves) would be the icing on the cake. This would be basically my ideal future Sonic game, though I would also massively appreciate a new 2D game that captured and built on the classic gameplay effectively.

Permanently changing all characters back to their classic designs or to classic/modern hybrid designs, and changing modern-only characters to fit the aesthetic (don't kill me).

Well-written plotlines.

Plotlines that build on previously-established material, creating at least a slight sense of continuity.

Characters like Mighty, Bean, etc. appearing again.

• Thumbs Up 1