Awoo.

Anything you want from the franchise that'd never realistically happen?

Writer's Blah

Eggman defeating Sonic in a straight up fight. Bonus points if it's Super Sonic. And I mean an actual fight, not that trick thing in Unleashed. I mean battle mech thing.

Edited by Scary Homework
  • Thumbs Up 8

A sonic and the black knight sequel (and a sonic riders that actually plays like the first game is another one).

• Thumbs Up 1

A Sonic visual novel. As odd as it sounds, I'd read it, definitely. I'm a big fan of VNs.

Bonus if it adds more to Amy's or Sonic's backstories.

Hmm... well there's a list:

1. The return of the Adventure style gameplay. Boosting is fun but I'd much rather be rolling around at the speed of sound with all 360 directions equally accessible to me and the ability to move the camera as I see fit.

2. I'd want another game written by Shiro Maekawa, or better yet I'd want Shiro Maekawa to be made the series official writer. Nobody knows how to write the characters like he does and I fear that without him the franchise may be doomed to continue the current trend of having everyone act OOC for all eternity.

3. I'd want Scott Dreier to voice Knuckles again. I'd also want them to rehire either Jason Griffith or David Humphrey as Shadow and, in that same vein, bring back Griffith or Drummond as Sonic. Hell since we're being unrealistic here, have Deem Bristow as Eggman. I have plenty of other changes I'd want to make to the voice cast but those are the big ones.

4. Multiple playable characters implemented using the '06 model. Every character plays similarly but distinctly and each one has their own story so as to maximize everybody's time in the spotlight.

5. Lay off the Classic nostalgia pandering. A Green Hill Zone every once in a while is a neat throwback, a Green Hill Zone in every game is trite. I'd much rather see something original for a change. Failing that SEGA would it kill you to at least give fans of the other eras something to be nostalgic for too? I may not particularly want City Escape knockoff #973 but it would at least be nice to know you're thinking of me.

6. Get Jun Senoue (with Crush 40 if possible) and Howard Drossin on the sound track. The dudes are musical wizards.

Edited by Bowbowis
  • Thumbs Up 8

Also, always wanted an Eggman themed RTS or Tycoon game. Could be a lot of fun to build "slightly below safety regulation" roller coasters and other hazardous rides. Or build a badnik army.

Tagline can be: "Build Eggmanland and chew bubblegum"

• Thumbs Up 2

Eggman defeating Sonic in a straight up fight.

And this is why Sonic The Hedgehog Issue 175 will always be one of my favorites. I may root for the heroes, but damn if I don't want the villains losing every fight.

• Thumbs Up 7

Back again, but this time with: Amy to have her classic design back. I've always preferred it over her modern design.

Back again, but this time with: Amy to have her classic design back. I've always preferred it over her modern design.

How can she have her classic design back ? She's too big to fit.

Good and decent games. Sega does not need to start from 'scratch'. They just need to recycle the same concept since the first game and make it even better. Also, finding the best parts of the Sonic Series.

Maybe give Knuckles his own game that's centered around him going up against a re-introduced Nocturnus. I think the story for that game could be amazing if done well, but it's never gonna happen. Damn it Penders....

Edited by Johnny Boy
  • Thumbs Up 1

- A Sonic game, where he teams up with Amy. Now, hear me out. We've seen a Sonic game that features Sonic & Knuckles, and we've seen countless Sonic games that featured Sonic & Tails. Why shouldn't we get a Sonic game where he teams up with Amy? She can fight, she's close friends with Sonic, we haven't seen it happen yet, so it would be something different. Honestly, I see no good reason why it shouldn't happen.

- Cream being used again. The character has potential, and she should be a member of the main cast, considering her close friendship with Amy.

Agreed so much, especially on the game idea! A game starring Sonic and Amy together might just finally make it clear to everyone (or at least most people) that Sonic and Amy are good friends and their relationship is in no way "toxic" or "abusive". Same deal with Amy's relationship with Cream, which a good amount of people see as "toxic/abusive" due to Amy's god awful characterization in Battle and Rush.

--

Anyway, I came up with more unrealistic demands wishes:

-All my OTPs becoming canon and staying that way (Not going to say what they are. I'd rather not make enemies or get laughed at)

-A game starring Amy and Cream together that would develop both characters in a favorable way and, most importantly, show off their relationship in the way it was supposed to be: good friends that are close as sisters, the female version of Sonic and Tails' friendship.

-A Sonic TV Show that is an anime (or merely resembles an anime, seeing how Japan hates Sonic enough that the last two anime have failed one way or another), has great writing and animation quality, has a balanced tone of light and dark without going to either extreme, makes use of all the characters introduced in the games and perhaps even in the past TV shows, and utilizes all the characters in a balanced way rather than giving too much focus to a few (Sally, Antoine, Chris) or not giving enough focus to a few (Bunnie, Rotor, pretty much everyone in Sonic X).

-Certain characters getting ample interactions with a character they never interacted with/barely interact with, at least enough to establish their relationship; be it friend, rival, enemy, lover...

-A new "Party Game" that is essentially a vastly improved Sonic Shuffle (or SatSR's Party Mode but as its own game and expanded accordingly, whichever is preferable) and, of course, every character is playable.

• Thumbs Up 1

1) An action RPG similar to modern Phantasy Star titles would really be something. Certain Photon Arts look like they are taken straight out of Sonic characters' movesets, so combat might feel really natural.

2) More tricky (non-)platforming sections which look cool and give you great sense of accomplishment after you've beat them. Basically, what Jet Set Radio Future did.

3) Synergetic parkour + boost mixture. Just look at Cloudbuilt.

4) An anime with Sonic Riders-esque futuristic setting, except without Sonic riding a hoverboard.

Edited by isCasted
  • Thumbs Up 1

A spinoff series taking place in the future starring the descendants of the current characters.

...What?

NO don't do that, you'll awaken the wrath of a 1000009 Sonamy shippers.

• Thumbs Up 2

Who else would Sonic have offspring with?

Implying SonicxChilidog isn't the one true pairing in the games universe.

Just kidding. You're right, but I don't see how SEGA could do a game like that, and not piss off shippers.

I mean, let's be honest, if Sonic & Amy were to get together, Sonaze fans would get mad, or if they were to put Sonic & Blaze together, SonAmy fans would get mad. And that's not even bringing up people who ship every couple in-between. It's best to just avoid it.

Edited by D.H
  • Thumbs Up 5

Implying SonicxChilidog isn't the one true pairing in the games universe.

Just kidding. You're right, but I don't see how SEGA could do a game like that, and not piss off shippers.

I mean, let's be honest, if Sonic & Amy were to get together, Sonaze fans would get mad, or if they were to put Sonic & Blaze together, SonAmy fans would get mad. And that's not even bringing up people who ship every couple in-between. It's best to just avoid it.

Hence, "never realistically happen".

Edited by cjmoore25

A game with Knuckles x Master Emerald 

OTP and you can't prove me otherwise!

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree with those mentioning another installment in the Storybook series! I think they're really unique, Sonic usually has some cool new little feature in these games. Plus, the stories in both games have been great so far!

• Thumbs Up 4