Awoo.

Anything you want from the franchise that'd never realistically happen?

Writer's Blah

Wait, do people really want a sequel to Colors?

Well, yeah, some folks do, including me. I love Sonic Colors and the way it handles things with its gameplay and stuff, so I wouldn't mind having a sequel where I can keep on doing that.

• Thumbs Up 5

I hope that they wouldn't use wisps any longer in games. Honestly, in the end they weren't that fun even in the Colours because there was so many times when using them was basically mandatory and I don't like forced gimmicks. And in Lost World there wasn't any reason for them to be there. And I can see that happening in the future so story of Colours is pretty much meaningless. It just seems like they were put in the game to justify the fact that Sonic is the only character. And I say that as long as wisps are in the games, Sonic will be the only playable character. Yeah, we have Runners but it's just a free-to-play exploit.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be cool to let a famous author or screenwriter take sonic and friends for a spin.  Also, I would love to see a modern sonic anime movie, hopefully one with a big budget.

• Thumbs Up 1

Though if they're really, really, famous, they won't work for cheap. Which I don't think Sega could afford at the moment.

EDIT: And I just remembered the actual title of this thread, so I'll just go shove a shoe up my mouth.

Edited by DarkLight

They could fare better with a cartoon series instead.

May not be as epic, but it can allow for better pacing and expansion where as movies would need to condense things. Basically, compare Book 1 of Avatar: The Last Airbender's Cartoon vs the Movie in the length of their narratives, and you get the idea.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 4

They could fare better with a cartoon series instead.

May not be as epic, but it can allow for better pacing and expansion where as movies would need to condense things. Basically, compare Book 1 of Avatar: The Last Airbender's Cartoon vs the Movie in the length of their narratives, and you get the idea.

I always loved the idea of a TV Show that was based around the Sonic game universe. There are so many interesting stories that could be told, and so many interesting characters & elements in the game universe that could be explored that it's honestly a shame we haven't gotten one (and no, X doesn't count). 

To be honest, after Sonic Boom ends, I would love to see SEGA do it.

• Thumbs Up 6

I always loved the idea of a TV Show that was based around the Sonic game universe. There are so many interesting stories that could be told, and so many interesting characters & elements in the game universe that could be explored that it's honestly a shame we haven't gotten one (and no, X doesn't count). 

To be honest, after Sonic Boom ends, I would love to see SEGA do it.

I always wished there was a cartoon that took things more seriously. I mean, not too edgy otherwise it just comes off as trying too hard but something that had a running plotline that lasted more than a single episode and didn't just do episodic comedy. Like X but if the writing, animation, and budget didn't completely suck.

• Thumbs Up 4

An entirely hand drawn Sonic game, like Wario Land Shake It or Rayman Origins. 

I think the art style this series has would benefit greatly from a game like that. It'd be so beautiful ✿

Every bit of this. Hand-drawn games always tend to look really nice. I would love to see a Sonic game in this style.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to see another game with Unleashed-like elements, particularly the elements of travel,world-building,friendship,artistic flair. OK, I guess it could happen, but it's not the direction Sonic Team seem to want to go in.

On a more unlikely note.

Id' actually kind of like to see a "fixed" Rise of Lyric, though I'd prefer a main series game, the beauty of the concept art and the curiosity over the endless untied ends will always bug me.

Time travel, and the nature of "The Ancients" seemed like it was supposed to be a much larger part of the game. Sonic Boom repeatedly makes references to a past that is never explained in the slightest. The ruins are everywhere, Lyric appears to be one of these people and when he mentions that "they" left him to die, we can assume he' talking about others of his kind. So what happened to these people, and what happened to Lyric? When Lyric is introduced, he also speaks to Sonic as an old nemesis, but as far as we can tell, Lyric shouldn't know him.

On 24.12.2015 at 10:07 AM, monkokaio said:

An entirely hand drawn Sonic game, like Wario Land Shake It or Rayman Origins. 

I think the art style this series has would benefit greatly from a game like that. It'd be so beautiful ✿

Oh Yes! I loooove Rayman Origins & Legends!

• Thumbs Up 1

I want a small toys-to-life spin off game. I'm a big fan of Skylanders, Disney Infinity, amiibo and LEGO Dimensions so obviously I'm into these sort of things. The biggest reason why I want it (besides of having a collection of Sonic figurines) is because it gives SEGA an excuse to bring back more obscure characters for the sake of expanding the toy selection. I mean, you can't have a game where 20 of the figures are Sonic. This sort of formula can fufill some demands of having characters like Ray, Mighty, Shade etc return without having it interfere with SEGA's direction with the main series.

• 3 weeks later...

Another Sonic Unleashed daystages-like game.

A Sonic Heroes 2.

A game with thoughtful story, insightful dialogue and multi-dimensional characters that meaningfully interact with one another.

Also, since we're speaking unrealistic dreams here... Sonic novels that delve into all the background stuff.

• Thumbs Up 2

Something that'd never realistically happen, eh? 

Cosmo being there, even as a minor character or small cameo. I really miss her and I know it's never happening. Not even with Archie Comics, which has been trying to add a lot of old random game/cartoon/etc characters. But she's not as popular as she used to be. :(

• Thumbs Up 1

A game featuring Tails and Mighty. Or Tails joining the chaotix. Eggman being playable. Tails, Knux and Amy having stories.

Some that would NEVER happen anytime EVER.

A good Sonic game http://a.deviantart.net/avatars/t/r/trollrollplz.gif?2

I'm soooo sorry, just fucking with you xD.

What I'd like to see that most likely won't happen, I want Hyper Sonic, Knuckles and Super Tails back.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to see some novels going deep into the universe of sonic.

A Hideo Kojima remake of Sonic Dreams Collection.

An Archie Horror comic book combining The Omen with an approximation of Shadow the Hedgehog's character from SA2, called All Hail Shadow.