Awoo.

Anything you want from the franchise that'd never realistically happen?

Writer's Blah

A 3D Sonic 1, no Generations-esque physics.... just a 3D version of Sonic 1 with the original genesis style gameplay. 

12 hours ago, Mikgenes said:

A 3D Sonic 1, no Generations-esque physics.... just a 3D version of Sonic 1 with the original genesis style gameplay. 

As much as I love Sonic 1, I would much rather have a brand new game with the same basic gameplay as the classics (in either 2D or 3D, though I think 3D would be especially nice) rather than a recreation of a pre-existing game. I mean, if they're recreating the gameplay, I don't see why they shouldn't create brand-new levels. The only reason I can think of is being afraid the new level designs they create won't be as good, but this a thread for unrealistic hopes anyway.

Though, a part of me honestly still hopes this DOES happen and isn't nothing but an unrealistic dream, even though it's frankly rather unlikely...

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

As much as I love Sonic 1, I would much rather have a brand new game with the same basic gameplay as the classics (in either 2D or 3D, though I think 3D would be especially nice) rather than a recreation of a pre-existing game. I mean, if they're recreating the gameplay, I don't see why they shouldn't create brand-new levels. The only reason I can think of is being afraid the new level designs they create won't be as good, but this a thread for unrealistic hopes anyway.

Though, a part of me honestly still hopes this DOES happen and isn't nothing but an unrealistic dream, even though it's frankly rather unlikely...

Same here. I was saying that a 3D Sonic 1 would be my dream side game, not a main game. 

I would love another game with 2D graphics/sprites in the style of Sonic Advance/Battle

Really an anime in the style of the CD cutscenes and OVA is all I've ever wanted from the franchise. It's a really specific mix of cute and cool that I haven't seen replicated since, which is why I feel Tyson Hesse's Mega Drive comic looks so promising.

• 9 months later...

I really want to see a sequel for the rush series with 4 playable characters (i would pick Sonic, Blaze,Silver and Amy) where you can jump from Sonic's dimension to Blaze's and vice-versa.

A multiplayer mode for a Sonic game with the Boost gameplay with co-op or race (racing at the same time not some time trial thing)

On 07/03/2016 at 2:29 AM, Colada said:

Really an anime in the style of the CD cutscenes and OVA is all I've ever wanted from the franchise. It's a really specific mix of cute and cool that I haven't seen replicated since, which is why I feel Tyson Hesse's Mega Drive comic looks so promising.

That is my wish as well. I really love the art style used in the intro and ending of Sonic CD. I think it was done by Toei, but I'm not sure.

I kinda want a game similar to Heroes, but more polished and with better controls. I always thought the team mechanic in Heroes worked well, and it would be nice if it was improved a bit in another game.

It would be pretty neat to see a Sky Patrol flashback adaptation in Archie's Sonic Universe. We would finally get a chance to see what the Witchcarters were really like before they got mind-controlled by Wendy, and how she came in contact with them in the first place.

Also, the return of Louie Montaine in Project Sonic 2017. 

I would like to see a super fast FPS/TPS with Shadow as a main character. Gameplay wise: Sonic's speed + three dimentional, non-linear level design + lot of over the top wepons + parkour + slow-mo/bullet time. Also, aditional stages as E-123 "Omega" and Rouge the Bat. Story wise: G.U.N. , Eggman Empire, Aliens, conspiracy, Mission: Impossible vibe. 

A new Sonic Rush game that takes place in Blaze's kingdom. I like to know where she lives.

A sequel for Sonic Chronicles.

And SA3, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

• A consistent world with good writing and a plot that's entertaining for both kids and adults, While also having a nice mix of comedy, adventure and action. (Unleashed & Black Knight were the closest to this becoming a reality, But then Colors happened and *Sigh*)
  • Show off both Mobians/Anthros (That's not Sonic & Friends.) and humans in one scene.
  • A proper Remake or Remastering of both Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2.
  • Have Classic Sonic be voiced by Ryan Drummond. (Hey he's the first true voice for Sonic in the games, so why not?.)
  • a Sonic the Hedgehog Anime That has Sonic & Friends as the main focus and not some random human oc's they created for the show.
  • a Blaze the Cat Spin-Off game.
  • a Sonic 4 reimagining by Taxman and Stealth.

A sonic ova tv series but that art style is of a golden Era long gone

More princess Elise or Sara

More death in the series like in shadow. More sonic adventure art styles

A spiritual successor to Sonic Triple Trouble, not a sequel or a remake but a 2D Sonic platformer in the style of the game with focus on Fang as well as Eggman and Metal Sonic for the villians. A variety of special stages, fitting level gimmicks. Just like to see another 2D Sonic platformer that does not have any involvement with Iizuka and Sonic Team but still have Sega involvement (even as great as Sonic Mania is still feels like Iizuka is there in someway), the last one was Sonic Rush Adventure. Also a story for the game done by Hideo Kojima and it can go all out.

Another Sonic game headed by Naoto Oshima using his character designs and artwork but more like a 3D platformer like Blinx the Time Sweeper than a 2D one like Yoshi's New Island. Well anything new Sonic related stuff from him.

A weird by Sonic standards racing game that is a hybrid of Metropolis Street Racer/Project Gotham Racing and OutRun 2006 or another way of wording it imagine Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing with a points based kudos system mixed with the highly detailed presentation of the two series that got mentioned. The points system means that you can buy better cars for your characters and encourages better playing however takedowns ala Burnout are added to keep it more suspenseful since there are no power ups in this game. After unlocking everything, a bonus mode where Sonic & the gang can run around the tracks without their cars. Less of a karting feel but more of an arcade racer. Also having an all vocal soundtrack rather like Sonic R.

It is a wacky pipe dream but I want to see a second season or a spiritual successor to Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog. Keep it in the 2D animation style, just with a bigger budget closer to the TMS animated episodes of the show (Sega owns them, right?) even if it means less episodes. Preferably done by TMS/Telecom however don't mind if someone else who can do cartoon styles have a go on it such as Rough Draft. I would also like to see how they can handle Knuckles in the show, most likely he is going to be in pink since Tails was brown and the producers would have looked at what was available. It might even be called AoSTH & Knuckles. :) Some might say Sonic Boom is the successor but it doesn't feel like it plus it seems a lot more mean spirited, AoSTH was only mean spirited a few times (e.g. Momma Robotnik Returns).

Why it will never happen?

It is because of the time gap between then and now. Long John Baldry and even some of the writers have been dead for a while, the former being one of the reasons why the show was successful, it also applies to his Spanish counterpart. Jaleel White and Christopher Welch are no longer able to do their voices. I don't know if it can work with the current voice cast since their characterisations are different between the two. The remaining animators didn't like the show to begin with, even Milton Knight got fed up of it. DiC are no longer around and their successor DHX Media haven't really done much animation, saying that they did Friendship is Magic and people seemed to like that. Also doesn't help that people don't want cartoons anymore especially wacky 90s style ones.

A Sonic FPS. I think a fast-paced, verticality-and-platforming heavy FPS could be interesting. Preferably as cooperative PvE, rather than competitive. I idly came up with "plans" (so to speak) for a Sonic/Destiny crossover game, which was admittedly closer to "characters from Sonic, world based on Destiny, character RPG design akin to Borderlands with Titanfall movement." Obvious pipe dream, but fun to think about.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, RJDodger said:

A Sonic FPS. I think a fast-paced, verticality-and-platforming heavy FPS could be interesting. Preferably as cooperative PvE, rather than competitive. I idly came up with "plans" (so to speak) for a Sonic/Destiny crossover game, which was admittedly closer to "characters from Sonic, world based on Destiny, character RPG design akin to Borderlands with Titanfall movement." Obvious pipe dream, but fun to think about.

I had a similar thought, but it was a portal style game. Maybe it would be Eggman testing some new robots.

I've always wanted a racing game using Sonic's spinball physics. Essentially, the players would have to be in ball form for most of the game. You'd carefully try to manuver out of the way of hills so that momentum could be conserved for large short cuts later.

On 4/11/2015 at 7:39 AM, Writer's Blah said:

What would you guys like to see happen that, realistically, probably won't?

A crossover with Ristar :lol:

And Ristar has made some unofficial crossovers:

A game that explains all the Colors and onward plot holes, with art by Jim Lawson and 12 playable characters. Also featuring compatibility with prior games for fun bonuses that fill yet more plot holes. And a fully vocal soundtrack. 

A Chaotix detective game. I've wanted that for so long and I can picture this working so well in my head. A nice noir type story with some mission based gameplay where you get to play as the 3 characters, helping people, solving mysteries, saving lives, and of course getting that paper ???. Ah that would be so good for me. Beyond that;

Sonic Rush 3, Sonic the Fighters 2, and another Sonic Riders game that's actually as enjoyable as the first one was. I want way more but these are some of the more reasonable things that come to mind.

Oh, and Mighty coming back would be cool too =)

• Thumbs Up 3

• A Sonic Adventure or Adventure 2 HD remaster like what they've done with the first 3 Crash Bandicoot games, remade with gameplay similar to those games and not the Boost engine. 
  • Get rid of Roger and bring Ryan back as the true voice of Sonic (for future games and the movie)
  • Give Silver a spin-off title of his own.
  • Make Silver, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles and most obviously Big playable characters for Sonic 2017.
  • Dedicate a standalone game to Sonic's Twitter account.
  • Put Sonic in Mario Kart. Nintendo, please be taking notes.
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Sir Laptop said:
  • Give Silver a spin-off title of his own.
  • Make Silver, Shadow, Tails, Knuckles and most obviously Big playable characters for Sonic 2017.

I approve of these ideas. I would personally like to see Silver gain his own Werehog transformation as well. I imagine it would look something like this...

___cep3____silver_by_angie__wolf-d9e2b33.png

You can tell that he has the most control over himself in this form. This is very befitting to Silver's character. He even looks more intimidating than Sonic when he was in his Werehog form, and that's saying a lot. If something like this happened in a Silver spin-off, I would be playing that game non-stop! B)

• Thumbs Up 1