Awoo.

What's your favorite obscure Sonic song?

cjmoore25

One of my favorites is Fire Stone, the song that plays while you're fighting Sonic in Sonic the Fighters. It doesn't exactly match Sonic's personality, but I absolutely love how dramatic and intense it is.

There are also a lot of Game Gear tracks I like, probably too many to list here x)

• Thumbs Up 3

No posts about Fairy of A.I.F. yet? Okay.

In fairness, most people who had Sonic Gems Collection or listen to Radio SEGA would've heard it at some point, which is probably almost everyone here. :P Nice pick though.

In fairness, most people who had Sonic Gems Collection or listen to Radio SEGA would've heard it at some point, which is probably almost everyone here. :P Nice pick though.

Oh yeah, true. Oops. 

I picked it because you rarely see sonic fans talking about it nowadays or they have completely forgotten about the song. And thanks, dude!

Oh yeah, true. Oops. 

I picked it because you rarely see sonic fans talking about it nowadays or they have completely forgotten about the song. And thanks, dude!

Yeah, fair point. There's a lot of music in the franchise like that, sadly, I myself can be to blame for doing that sometimes too.

No love for Red Hot Skull? Shame.. 

Again, pretty much everyone who's played Sonic Adventure will know it and that would be pretty much everyone here.

I Don't know if this music is considered obscure.

That definitely is, yes. Love it though, all those references..

• Thumbs Up 1

Was struggling to think of something actually undderrated to post in here, but man. This song hits you right in the feels better than most other Sonic songs and it's a menu song for a collection. Like, wow. Would stay on the Extras menu for a long time just looking through all the old Sonic stuff and listening to this. It fit perfectly

• Thumbs Up 7

One of my favorites is Fire Stone, the song that plays while you're fighting Sonic in Sonic the Fighters. It doesn't exactly match Sonic's personality, but I absolutely love how dramatic and intense it is.

Could be all dramatic and whatnot because you're facing Sonic himself. Like, I think maybe they were trying to make it seem like a bigger deal with the music because he's the mascot. Just maybe!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I have a thing for Tidal Plant Zone's theme from Sonic Triple Trouble, the melody is very evocative of a powerful emotion of persistently slogging through gloomy drudgery that just feels rather fitting for a water level of a Sonic game.

I also have a fondness for Turquoise Hill Zone's theme from Sonic Chaos, it's such an energetic and peppy tune that just gets me going, and is also rather nostalgic for me due to playing the game in SADX when I was little!

• Thumbs Up 2

ah yes Turquoise hill zone's theme however for me personally its not the track I hum to that honor belongs to Aqua planets zone

and then there's the chaos angel act 3 another one I enjoy

plus a bonus point to "nonagression" for the familar beats in its track to another sonic game.

Spoiler

and finally a song often overshadowed by vela-nova and wrapped and black. "bomber-barbra"

• Thumbs Up 1

For those who grew up playing Mega Collection, this intro song was the shit:

Best Sonic theme of all time:

Is Race to Win obscure? Because I really like it.

It's so energetic and catchy, and fits the game well, I love it. Shame, it's so short.

• Thumbs Up 2

Pretty much all of Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine's soundtrack, even the songs that weren't inherited from Puyo Puyo, I have nostalgic fondness for the first Scenario Mode themes however:

Also love the 'Panic' theme they use when your area overfills. Basically a frantic techno remix of the 1P VS 2P theme but really puts your hair on end. Almost Sonic's Countdown theme level of 'Oh shit, I'm losing':

Also concerning Sonic the Fighters I thought the unused Death Egg Hangar theme was great and it was a shame it was never used in any version, really would have set up the intensity of beating Eggman before it was too late:

Also for official rearrangements, I liked the extensions the 'Sonic and Knuckles Remix' OST put onto some of the gameplay themes, especially Lava Reef. Points for anyone who makes Genesis remixes of these 'full versions':

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'all want obscure? How about the final boss music from Sonic Labyrinth?

Pretty tense final boss music for a fairly dull game. In fact, it's the only thing about the game I really remember all these years later.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really like "You're My Hero" from the Saturn version of 3D Blast.

I just love the instruments, and while the lyrics are pretty cheesy, the singing makes up for it.