Awoo.

Overwatch

YoshiUnity

Genji looks like a goddamn Power Ranger.

And I want ALL THE DANCE EMOTES!!

We got a new map boys!

Plus, it ties into the new rumored hero if the rumors are to be believed.

also, low grav

wheee

AND MCCREE BUFFS, HIS ULT WON'T BE SO USELESS :DDD

and reaper changes, they're kinda huge? and roadhog changes that are really weird.

And Oni Genji and Officer D.va are now in regular lootboxes, how nice. I'm not complaining that what I worked hard for are now regular prizes, at least I found a MOBA I like in the end, so it's not all bad.

• 1 month later...

If we can stop obsessing on the sonic vocal theme for a second:

Doomfist has been announced. God I hope he's still voiced by Terry Crews in-game.

• Thumbs Up 2

That trailer was nuts!

Blizzard keeps teasing me with all the cool stuff they could do if they really wanted to go full cinematic, but they'd rather make a movie like Warcraft.

• Thumbs Up 1

Not that I'm even playing this game, but that anime-style introduction was super sweet. That's one hell of a voice too.

I wish I was into online shooters, just so I could play this. Oh well.

This character is the hypest. 

His origin, lore, design, personality, all that stuff are insanely cool to me and that animated short was probably the best trailer the game has had, but all that's the icing on how fun he looks to play.

Fighting game combos. And that fucking MOVEMENT. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is fighting against him.

So I actually tried out Doomfist.  Granted, this is in Arcade, where literally everyone one the team can use him, so it was just a fuckin' punch-filled extravanganza that doesn't in any way reflect proper play. Regardless:

- Has surprisingly little health (250), shielding options, and is slow feeling. He's going to need some Tank or Mercy/Lucio back-up to survive.

- Successfully using his Rocket Punch is difficult on moving targets, although you have a lot of movement when aiming, and a cancel option, so that should balance it.

- Wall stun + shotgun to the face is basically Roadhog's old hook + scrapgun combo; you're basically dead if everything hits.

- His ult Meteor Strike is terrifying. Just run, get into the air, something.

So I actually tried out Doomfist.  Granted, this is in Arcade, where literally everyone one the team can use him, so it was just a fuckin' punch-filled extravanganza that doesn't in any way reflect proper play. Regardless:

- Has surprisingly little health (250), shielding options, and is slow feeling. He's going to need some Tank or Mercy/Lucio back-up to survive.

- Successfully using his Rocket Punch is difficult on moving targets, although you have a lot of movement when aiming, and a cancel option, so that should balance it.

- Wall stun + shotgun to the face is basically Roadhog's old hook + scrapgun combo; you're basically dead if everything hits.

oh nice, I was wondering if you could Escape his meteor strike while flying away. Somehow I thought they were going to make it so that it pulled you anyways.

5 minutes ago, Linkabel said:

oh nice, I was wondering if you could Escape his meteor strike while flying away. Somehow I thought they were going to make it so that it pulled you anyways.

I imagine if you're in a pickle, it works like Earthshatter where you have to be in a certain range for it to land, so D.Va's Boost or Pharah's rocket jump can allow you to escape. But nah, I just flew away as Pharah. xD

Speaking of which, Pharah is a definite counter to him. He's excessively easy to rocket kill. I know from experience on both ends. xP

I'm glad Terry Crews isn't voicing Doomfist, as Crews is too comical to fit Doomfist's serious and villain character that Blizzard are going for. Sahr sounds so much better. Getting Crews to voice Doomfist is like getting Mike Pollock to voice Reaper.

I've given Doomfist a turn on the PTR, and I must say, his ult is exceptional when comboed with Graviton Surge or Earthshatter. However, despite being quite strong against the squishier heroes, IMO he is very weak against Pharah, the snipers and Reaper.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 6/7/2017 at 8:57 PM, Nepenthe said:

Quite.

Granted, a tank ought to survive that as well as any character with a Zarya shield (I don't think I've seen how well his ult does against the other tanks' shields).

I imagine Orisa's Fortify will also be able to take the hit, so long as you time it correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well overwatch players I hope your ready cause the games are coming back (and last years event loot are now going to be sold at the normal loot prices)

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Polkadi said:

ya can't just show that without

I love how this is pretty much meant to be like Junkrat parodying the usual shorts. I've seen people complain about how it's closer to an SFM movie as opposed to proper short, and I'm laughing at the fact it seems like it's meant to be like that. It's like Junkrat is just parodying the entire usual shorts, to the point where he's singing his own intro song, and even singing the Overwatch theme tune at the end.

Also, who noticed the Cowboy Bebop reference?

22 hours ago, Polkadi said:

ya can't just show that without

I did a double take when I found out it was actually done by the overwatch group and not an SFM artist.

This was pretty funny!