Awoo.

Overwatch

YoshiUnity

2 hours ago, SonicWind said:

Uh, the open beta was free, but it's been over for weeks now. The full game's out, and you're going to have to buy it.

But trust me-- it's worth the $40. Just be careful not to accidentally buy the Origins Edition for $20 more if you don't have the money or don't want to.

Of course, if you're playing consoles the Origins Edition is the only edition and you're going to pay the full $60 for it.

Spoiler

It's worth the full $60 anyways.

On 6/3/2016 at 7:14 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Did anyone get this on PS4?

I have it on the PS4 and PC.  I'd rather play it on PS4 because my poor laptop can barely handle 30fps on all the lowest settings, but I can manage with it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got the game on the Xbox one, so far its been a lot of fun. Love the maps, love most of the characters. I think McCree and Mei need a bit of a nerf as they seem to be able to take on a whole team with no problems.

Lucio is my usual go to guy when people are selecting there characters, that been said I will be a tank ( rienhardt ) or a bastion if the need calls for it.

Would love to get a few more xbox one friends to play with for a full team, message me if you're interested.

1 hour ago, Daisy-Fan said:

Diva is getting an Buff in damage and Mcree a nerf on his Fan hit hammer.

To add some substance to that, McCree's fan the hammer damage is getting reduced. Flashbang > FTH is still gonna be a thing still against characters like Tracer, Genji and Reaper but he won't be a tank killer anymore. As for D.Va they wanna increase the damage on her primary attack and look into her survivability and her being a tank. They said they'll do one or the other.

McCree nerfs are coming before the D.Va buffs.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alright, wanted to ask a question. Would anyone here like to play Overwatch with other SSMB members? Me and Klonoa's thinking about trying to get a multiplatform game set up for Game Night when we bring it back, and we have hosts for the PS4 and PC versions (We'd be open to Xbox One players if there's a person willing to host that version), however we need an idea of how many people would actually want to play Overwatch with other SSMB members.

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Alright, wanted to ask a question. Would anyone here like to play Overwatch with other SSMB members? Me and Klonoa's thinking about trying to get a multiplatform game set up for Game Night when we bring it back, and we have hosts for the PS4 and PC versions (We'd be open to Xbox One players if there's a person willing to host that version), however we need an idea of how many people would actually want to play Overwatch with other SSMB members.

I'd be up for the PC version.

i only have it on xbox one, which kinda sucks considering i know exactly 0 people who have that version. everyone i know either has it on pc or ps4 lol

So I got the PC version. Kinda wanted to talk about the heroes I've played for a bit.

- I started out with Symmetra, who for the longest time I was convinced would be my main. She can still be pretty handy on defence with turret spam and a well place teleporter to keep numbers strong around points, but one thing really drags her down, and that's the fact that her main weapon is complete and utter fucking garbage. The crap range on the primary fire plays you into the hands of Reapers and Reinhardts that will consistently out-damage you (and for that matter even comparitively mundane heroes will just wreck you if you drop the beam even once), and the secondary is borderline impossible to hit with. And even considering it can penetrate shields, most of the heroes in question (namely Reinhardt again) will just shrug off the damage it deals. I dunno, I just have no idea what the hell they were thinking with this gun.

- Zenyatta's pretty cool, but he's clumsy as balls. It's kinda hard to describe, but I feel like his fire rate is somehow a butterzone for awkwardness, both too fast and too slow if that even makes sense? I've since resorted to deliberately delaying my shots a little so I actually have time to aim in between. Obligatory supports aside though, taking down a tank in just a few shots is always pretty fucking satisfying, and Trancendance is a real game changer as long as your teammates don't pussy out and actually use the healing to tank incoming damage.

- Dva's... weird. Good RoF and no reloads makes her good for suppressing, but a lot of the time she lacks the damage to kill unless you're up really close, which is kind of counterintuitive when firing slows you down. I guess I'm supposed to be jetting around a lot and getting into people's faces instead of camping and providing supporting fire? But even then that just seems to get me killed faster. I'm sure there's a way to play her well, but at the moment I just don't get her.

- Winston has both a non-shit version of Symmetra's gun and a means of getting close enough to actually use it, so that's already a plus in my book. I can't say much other than that yet because I only just started playing him, other than I barely even notice his shield actually having any effect - usually it'll give me just enough time to reload, and by that time it's already popped.

- When I first saw Mei, I honest to god thought she was a support character. In many ways, she still is, just not in the sense that she heals people, but she's not nearly as helpless as I first thought now that I know you can just dispatch people with a careful secondary headshot once they're frozen over. My main gripe is that I have no idea if I'm using icewalls right sometimes - usually my first thought is to block incoming fire but sometimes I can't tell if I'm just giving the enemy team cover to hide behind, without feedback it's hard to tell. She's a real nuicance to turret dorfs, though, that much I can say for certain.

- Speaking of turret dorfs, I'm not too sure what to say about him. Sometimes I feel like he's almost too easy, but then again anything would seem easy compared to Symmetra. Most of the usage I've gotten out of Molten Core is noticing my turret's shooting something right after I've respawned and giving it a boost on the way there in case it's a horde. Most of the time I'm right. Feels good.

- Junkrat. Spray grenades in someone's general vicinity, throw a remote bomb to finish them or buy time to reload. That's basically the whole character - most of the rest of him, like bomb jumping and leaving bear traps in chokepoints kinda speaks for itself. I had no idea the Riptire could climb walls, though - no wonder the fucking thing always catches me off guard.

• Thumbs Up 1

Riptire can climb walls? That's crazy, had no idea.

I'm still a Widowmaker main despite always losing close-range battles. I've always been a sniper fan, though I don't like Hanzo as much.

Lucio is amazing too. The speed and heal effects he has is great. I also love that sound blast thing he does, super helpful on stages like Control Point Nepal, so you can knock people off the edge.

I like Genji and McCree as well. I managed to kill 5 enemies at once with Deadeye. It was amazing.

Also I have trouble with turrets. They seem to be able to fire at you the second you come around a corner, making it hard to go in and out of cover shooting it. I mean I'm not great at the game yet, I'm probably just missing a strategy. XP

So after playing a while, I feel totally fine in saying Torbjorn is completely overpowered. His turrets are grossly overpowered in terms of damage, he can build them far too quickly, and they take up far too much damage to destroy. I legit think around 80% of games I've played have had at least one of these assholes who put down a turret, and mops up with Play of the Game.

9 hours ago, Gambling Idol Luka said:

Also I have trouble with turrets. They seem to be able to fire at you the second you come around a corner, making it hard to go in and out of cover shooting it. I mean I'm not great at the game yet, I'm probably just missing a strategy. XP

If you're a Widowmaker main, you should probably focus on the turret dorf himself first - land a headshot on him, then there's nobody around to repair the turret. Beyond that it's a matter of coordinating with your team. It can still only focus on one enemy at a time, so consider hanging back a bit until you can have 2-3 people gang up on it at once, that way at least one person on the team can fire on it unopposed.

If you're looking for a specific counterpick, I can think of a few. Junkrat can hit turrets without being exposed at all if he's got a good angle on it. Turrets can't target through walls, so throwing one up as Mei will buy your team time to surround it. McCree can flashbang + fan the hammer if he's close enough. Reinhardt's shield keeps everyone protected long enough to get some pretty easy shots in, and if it's not broken by the time the shield runs low he can probably just charge it. And anyone with healing or self healing for that matter can safely allow tanking a few shots peeking out of cover and safely heal it back behind the wall again.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2016-06-11 at 0:53 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Anyone on PS4 want to play sometime?

hit me up on PSN, DaisyFan. i play a lot.

There's been a patch for PC players which is gonna come to consoles soon.

McCree

• Fan the Hammer
    • Recovery time (i.e. the amount of time before McCree starts reloading) decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds
    • Bullet damage decreased from 70 to 45

Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji. 
Widowmaker

• Widow's Kiss: Sniper
    • Base damage decreased from 15 to 12
    • Note: Scoped shot damage multiplier remains unchanged
    • Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x
    • Players must now wait for the unscoping animation to completely finish before scoping
  • Infra-Sight
    • Ultimate cost increased by 10%

Developer Comments: In the right hands, Widowmaker can often feel unstoppable—even when just landing body shots instead of critical heads shots. The changes to her alternate fire weaken body shot damage while leaving her headshot damage unchanged. Additionally, we felt her Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, was coming up a little too frequently, especially considering its impact on the game. 
BUG FIXES
General

• Improved stability of the High Bandwidth option in Custom Games

Heroes

• Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain Ultimate charge whenever damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier or Ice Wall
  • Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on a certain maps

Maps

• Fixed an issue with collision on certain areas of Dorado not blocking line of sight

• Thumbs Up 1

played on PC the other night, i really didn't noticed anything special, but Mccree is less dumb that time so its fine by me.

All this talk about "mains." There's a few characters I gravitate toward more than others but I don't know how I could call any of them my "main." Hero switching and counterpicking is a huge part of this game so if you're the guy who's immediately picking Hanzo once you load into the match, remember that you could be helping a lot more.

On 6/12/2016 at 2:13 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So after playing a while, I feel totally fine in saying Torbjorn is completely overpowered. His turrets are grossly overpowered in terms of damage, he can build them far too quickly, and they take up far too much damage to destroy. I legit think around 80% of games I've played have had at least one of these assholes who put down a turret, and mops up with Play of the Game.

Torbjorn isn't very good if the enemy team is organized. He and his turrets get bullied by Genji, Widowmaker, Hanzo, Junkrat and a number of other characters.The general consensus I've seen from higher level players is that he's actually pretty bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

I noticed a lot of people playing lone wolf with the wrong roles in public matches, but that's my experience in solo so far, Unless you play Tracer or Genji i can understand that you want to flank anyone on the other team, that's your job as long you kill them well. i really totally dislike tanking in pub since no ones give respect for tanks. roadhog is clearing simple for solo, but the worst case is any genji tracer or any character with trying to grain meter on the ult on him, he's a good killer for sure but its a other story, Even I'm running with Lucio sometimes, people are just not very worry about stay in group to wipe the enemy team, plus most of the time people wont get that sound barrier buff because they are out of my view. actually i'm fine with people learning the game still. but its kinda annoying getting Sliver or gold medal, getting Medals aren't very any achievement to be honest and i do understand why blizzard didn't want to put an simple Scoreboard, but honestly its kinda getting old at some point.

as for me, I'm stuck with 57.1% win rate on PS4, and 58.3% on PC.

49 minutes ago, Solly said:

All this talk about "mains." There's a few characters I gravitate toward more than others but I don't know how I could call any of them my "main." Hero switching and counterpicking is a huge part of this game so if you're the guy who's immediately picking Hanzo once you load into the match, remember that you could be helping a lot more.

Torbjorn isn't very good if the enemy team is organized. He and his turrets get bullied by Genji, Widowmaker, Hanzo, Junkrat and a number of other characters.The general consensus I've seen from higher level players is that he's actually pretty bad.

I also heard that a lot of the problem is that it's harder to aim on console versions than it is than PC which is why the turret has more advantage in the console version.

8 minutes ago, sonicgirl313 said:

I also heard that a lot of the problem is that it's harder to aim on console versions than it is than PC which is why the turret has more advantage in the console version.

Not so much that it's harder to aim, but it's less snappy and/or precise due to the nature of KB+M.

I never find Torb OP to be honest, if you talk about team stack Torb on map like Watchpoint on defense, ya its hell annoying

On PC I found Torbjorn to only be a minor pain to deal with. Genji's deflect isn't enough to finish him off but any sniper, flanker or someone behind a shield could easily top him.

Also, as someone who's played Mccree the most I actually really like the nerfs given to him. Him shredding tanks like they're nothing felt incredibly unfair.

with genji you can throw your left click to Peek the turret, it give a good amount of Meter ult. Overall genji dont have any problem against torb in fight, shurikens/Melee/Dash should do the job for most of the time.

Also if anyone want to play later, my Battlenet is DaisyFan#1664

I've been playing turret dorfs a bit more over Symmetra these days, and his drawbacks are definently starting to show. The big one for me is splash damage - a Junkrat or Pharah focusing your turret down pretty much keeps you from repairing it because it'll damage you too if you try, and a lot of times I've had no choice but to abandon repairs to focus one guy down or simply ditch the turret entirely and build a new one. Genjis are annoying too, because while deflect usually doesn't kill a turret any damage it does do is basically free. Picking him or Symm usually depends on how much range you need from what experience I have - Symm turrets still wreck shit in tight corners and bottlenecks, and I'm sure she's a good way to slow down flankers too, but the moment you actually have to take an enemy on directly you're basically fucked XD

Map with Chokepoint, king's Row  hanamura numbani or Temple of anubis. i do find Symmetra turret annoying on some path route for flankers.