Awoo.

Overwatch

YoshiUnity

4 hours ago, Daisy-Fan said:

Map with Chokepoint, king's Row  hanamura numbani or Temple of anubis. i do find Symmetra turret annoying on some path route for flankers.

I was about to say that. You can't even reflect it, which means if she puts down six sentries, then you'll likely be dead before you even realise what's happening. 

With Tracer/Genji i can manege to find a way to pass. its just a little bit harder depend of the comp against.

12 minutes ago, Daisy-Fan said:

With Tracer/Genji i can manege to find a way to pass. its just a little bit harder depend of the comp against.

That works on maps where you're pushing a payload, but if it's control points, you'd better hope you have a Widowmaker on your team.

8 hours ago, Solly said:

All this talk about "mains." There's a few characters I gravitate toward more than others but I don't know how I could call any of them my "main." Hero switching and counterpicking is a huge part of this game so if you're the guy who's immediately picking Hanzo once you load into the match, remember that you could be helping a lot more.

At the same time I'd rather people on my team play the characters they're best art. I just have a range of 5 or 6 "mains" I can switch to depending on the map and situation and I think that's for the best. I see a lot of people who try to switch heroes a lot depending on the situation and end up not really helping anyone.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

That works on maps where you're pushing a payload, but if it's control points, you'd better hope you have a Widowmaker on your team.

McCree's flashbang can take care of them in one shot if you know where they are.

7 minutes ago, Athena Cykes said:

McCree's flashbang can take care of them in one shot if you know where they are.

I had absolutely no idea McCree's flashbang could destroy them. 

9 hours ago, Solly said:

All this talk about "mains." There's a few characters I gravitate toward more than others but I don't know how I could call any of them my "main." Hero switching and counterpicking is a huge part of this game so if you're the guy who's immediately picking Hanzo once you load into the match, remember that you could be helping a lot more.

Torbjorn isn't very good if the enemy team is organized. He and his turrets get bullied by Genji, Widowmaker, Hanzo, Junkrat and a number of other characters.The general consensus I've seen from higher level players is that he's actually pretty bad.

I disagree. Usually you try to have a few mains so you have a varied playstyle for multiple situations, which is generally what I've done (My mains/favourites Genji, Tracer, Mercy, McCree, Widowmaker etc). However, even if I had one favourite, I would still heavily prefer someone who is good at a class and knows what they are even doing rather than a player who tries to play the entire roster and isn't good with any of them except a select few. It helps considering most classes are useful in any given situation.

With Symmetra I kinda think they should change her ult and maker her a defense hero, on one hand you want your teleporter out of the way so it doesn't get targeted, on the other you want your turrets somewhere where the enemy team is going to walk into them, and considering all the flankers, you can't leave the teleporter unguarded, so I don't know wtf blizzard expects you to do with her.  

Her gun is actually really good though, it deals damage rapidly and since you don't have to aim you can just jump around like a mad(wo)man and usually win.  Close range focused heroes like reaper and reinhardt will out DPS you, but reaper's health is low enough that add in some turrets and the tables quickly turn, and your secondary also goes right through reinhardt's shield.  

Mei is the most annoying hero, basically built to drag out engagements and gimp her enemies.  

For Dva, they're looking at a buff for her.  She apparently got overnerfed at some point during the closed beta, and right now she doesn't really fill any role.  In spite of having the most effective HP, the confluence of her attributes basically makes her the least resilient tank.  

So I should probably mention. Me and @风之Klonoa are hosting two hours of Overwatch on Saturday 25th June at 5:00pm EST/10:00pm GMT, and we're hosting both the PS4 and PC versions of the game if you guys want to play with fellow SSMB members. Depending on the player count, we'll either be making a strike team consisting of SSMB members and going online with randoms, or if we have over 6 players on one console, we'll be doing a private match. Either way, it's a good chance for a bit of fun, and getting leveled up with the 20% group bonus on XP.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/16/2016 at 2:50 PM, Wraith said:

At the same time I'd rather people on my team play the characters they're best art. I just have a range of 5 or 6 "mains" I can switch to depending on the map and situation and I think that's for the best. I see a lot of people who try to switch heroes a lot depending on the situation and end up not really helping anyone.

I agree, but how many "mains" can you have before they aren't really mains anymore? :V 

Hero switching does not automatically mean you're helping either, it's true, but I think a big part of this game is diagnosing the problem and playing who your team benefits from, which is something everyone should participate in. 

On 6/16/2016 at 6:46 AM, sonicgirl313 said:

I also heard that a lot of the problem is that it's harder to aim on console versions than it is than PC which is why the turret has more advantage in the console version.

I have heard that the turrets do less damage in the console versions to compensate for slower reaction time. 

3 hours ago, Solly said:

I agree, but how many "mains" can you have before they aren't really mains anymore? :V 

I'd say you should have one main for each category. For example, I main Genji (might switch to McCree) for Offense, Widowmaker for Defense, Reinhardt for Tank, and Lucio for Support!

Although I can sometimes play well as other characters in that category. It honestly (for me) depends on how good the enemy team is, lel.

Oh, you know what happened one time? The enemy team all chose Torbjorn. ALL OF THEM. We lost due to turret overloads, it was amazing. Ironically it happened right after I watched Videogamedunkey's Winston's Day Off (IIRC) video. XP

So I bit the bullet and brought Overwatch (the standard edition on PC) last weekend. Honestly, I didn’t know what to expect from it. None of Blizzard’s previous titles have ever interested me and I never thought of myself as a team-based strategy kind of guy. But, to my surprise, I’m pretty much hooked on it at this point. It’s addicting as hell honestly. I keep coming back to look for those brief moments of pure bliss when I absolutely obliterate the enemy team or when the game is close and we win. It’s a game that I can literally spend hours on and not even know that I’m doing so. Haven’t felt this way about a game since Skyrim.

As far as my favorite characters go, I guess it would be a tossup of Tracer, Mercy, and Winston currently. I’ve actually gotten a couple of plays of the game with Tracer. Her fast paced combat just suits my general play style in being able to run in and out at any given point and do some damage. I love Winston’s ability to damage multiple enemies at once and Mercy is just my go to healer. Though, I will say that I just had a great time with Reinhardt so he might just become a favorite as well. I’m trying to get better with other characters like Reaper and Junkrat (because I feel as though I need at least one defense character that I’m above average with).

Though, and while I know that what I’m about to say is heaven talk for PC players, I actually do prefer using a controller for this game. Yes, I know M+KB is a much better option in terms of control but I just can’t do it. I grew up on Halo and COD with the 360 so my motor reflexes are just more accustomed to it. My inputs on the M+KB are too delayed for me to do well with them. I’ll still switch to them occasionally when I’m using a character like Widowmaker or Bastion (because you must fully immerse yourself in the point and click adventure that is his shift) but I have to say, I just don’t feel like I’m at a disadvantage using a controller in this game. At least, I’m better off with it than forcing myself to stick to the M+KB. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve accidentally used my alt or ability due to me missing keys in the heat of combat.

With all that being said, I do have a few minor issues with the game. For one, currency needs to be easier to obtain in some way. I’m really getting sick of this random number generator bs that’s become common placed in this industry. Why doesn’t this game have daily objectives that can help you gain currency so that you can buy the items you want? It’s a mechanic most other games in the genre have mastered so why not here? Hell, I’m so invested in this game at this point that I honestly wouldn’t mind micro-transactions for currency. Beats the ones they have for chest. I need that Cobalt Mercy skin guys… Though, at the end of the day it all really is just cosmetic.

One thing I'm a bit iffy on is the overtime system. It seems that every game of payload has it. Even if the other team gets completely decimate it still happens usually. I think that it should really be dependent on how many players are in the area and not just that you have one Lucio skating around it.

Also, fuuuuuck Mei. Literally everything about her moveset is annoying as all hell. This is a nitpick but I honestly just can’t stand her. Her constantly putting up of walls, freezing you, and having a smile on her face as she pops a cap in your head is the most annoying thing. She’s definitely my least favorite character in the game. Right next to Torbjorn’s damn turret. Seriously though, that thing starts shooting at you the moment it’s on screen.

But yeah, overall I really can’t complain much about this game. It’s just so much fun and well made. Plus, most of my complaints can easily be fixed in patches. Speaking of which, I really hope we get some more maps and characters soon. That and some more of those animated shorts. This is that rare instance of me being ok with a game not having a base story in the game itself. They do a great job of showing it outside the game and carrying the over the characters into their gameplay and in-game dialogue.

EDIT: Also, what are the purpose of the end-of-the-game votes in this game? They don't seem to do anything.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welcome aboard, Hero. We're all soldiers now.

Really happy you're enjoying this as much as we are.
About your questions, currency will become much easier to get the more you play as you can get duplicate items. When that happens, you get credits instead, which will let you buy the item you want. Also, the voting system right now gives bonus exp when you get to the 5 votes and 10 votes threshold, as far as I know. Plus, you get bonus exp for handling them too (affected by consecutive bonus too). But really, it's to show appreciation towards good play, which I think the healers and tanks do need, heh.

• Thumbs Up 1

I did some crazy play the other night at some point on PC with genji. saved my highlight on twitter in anycase.

• Thumbs Up 1

You know, I wanted to ask you all. What do you think of the news that a ranking mode is returning to the game in a week or two? Personally, I'm pretty crossed. One thing I love about this game is the atmosphere of teamwork and general friendliness. I think this is largely due to the fact that there isn't a number by your name that dictates where you are in the game. You actually have to look hard to see how they're doing in a match and, even then, at the end it's all pretty useless to get fussy over someone because winning never really matters. It's just extra bonus fanfare that makes you feel good but won't hurt you if you loose. I think when you start to put a heavy price on loosing the game looses it's fun and becomes more toxic in the process. You'll start to get more frustrated with the members of your team that aren't so high up in the ranks and become even more so if you find yourself loosing. Not to mention that you yourself may become more hesitant to play another match depending on your current standing.

On the other hand, I do want a way to know how I rank with other players and I love the idea of rewarding great players with cosmetic items. It adds more to you doing well and that's always a great feeling.

It's just, I don't know, it all seems pretty situational. Like if you have a couple of bad games and your rank is lowered because of it you may find your team looking down on you. Also, you'll suddenly encounter a lot more people who take the game too seriously and drag down the experience. I know the answer to all this should be to just not play the game mode but then I think of Smash 4 where, if you play For Fun, you suddenly have a much higher chance of getting a joke match where nobody actually plays the game and just taunts. I can easily imagine me constantly getting paired in a team that only wants to play as Hanzo because the mode would be looked down on as a joke at that point.

I guess I'm just really split on the matter and rather not see this game fall into two completely separate camps of super-serious and annoyingly-casual. I like the middle ground we have now. I guess only time will tell as to how it all turns out... I do like the idea of a golden hammer for Reinhardt tho :3

• Thumbs Up 1

Zarya's a goddamn monster once you get into the groove.  Got that 20 kill streak trophy thing with her and then some while doing attack on Gibraltar.  I just stayed close to the payload and laughed as the team kept funneling out of the small walkways in groups.  It was like Christmas and I was getting double and triple kills left and right.  Then I lost PotG to Torbjorn, who was on my team because Torb's really useful on payload attack always.  It consisted of him hounding his turret while it picked off all of the enemies I bunched together with my ult.  :mellow:

As for ranked matches; I'm going to play them and try to get some of the cosmetics.  My hope is that with higher stakes, people actually play the fucking objective instead of doing Team Deathmatch like they always do.  At the end of the day, I just need me some golden guns to go with my Tracer's Posh attire.

Decided to start taking up Tracer, and I went on a seriously good streak tonight. Three Plays of the Games, and I even managed to pull off a triple kill with Tracer's Ult.

Can't wait for playing with people at Game Night, having a solid team is gonna be good!

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:52 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

So I should probably mention. Me and @风之Klonoa are hosting two hours of Overwatch on Saturday 25th June at 5:00pm EST/10:00pm GMT, and we're hosting both the PS4 and PC versions of the game if you guys want to play with fellow SSMB members. Depending on the player count, we'll either be making a strike team consisting of SSMB members and going online with randoms, or if we have over 6 players on one console, we'll be doing a private match. Either way, it's a good chance for a bit of fun, and getting leveled up with the 20% group bonus on XP.

Still got openings on the PS4 version?

Just now, sonicgirl313 said:

Still got openings on the PS4 version?

Yep, plenty since most don't usually confirm they're attending till the day.

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yep, plenty since most don't usually confirm they're attending till the day.

Okay well I'll be joining ya guys.

• Thumbs Up 1

Count me in Ryan, i will be there during the day/night at some point, i sent you a friend request anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2016-06-20 at 7:57 PM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Decided to start taking up Tracer, and I went on a seriously good streak tonight. Three Plays of the Games, and I even managed to pull off a triple kill with Tracer's Ult.

Can't wait for playing with people at Game Night, having a solid team is gonna be good!

She good on Console, my only problem is the range of the Ult, let say on PC i dont have much problem with the Q overall. I got around 59Hrs with her on PS4. i recently start to play Soldier 76 a bit more. very of an balanced character is he.

On 6/21/2016 at 7:25 PM, Daisy-Fan said:

Count me in Ryan, i will be there during the day/night at some point, i sent you a friend request anyway.

I didn't get a friend request from you Daisy

Alright, If you are playing Overwatch tonight, on either PC, or PS4 with Game Night, let me know ASAP. Keep in mind that you do get a 20% XP bonus as well for playing in a group, so on top of the fun factor with other people, you will get leveled up extremely quicker (That 20% equals out to around an extra 1,000/1,500 XP per match).

• Thumbs Up 1