Awoo.

Overwatch

YoshiUnity

I only have one Christmas skin so far, and that's the Mei-rry skin for Mei. Pretty nice skin, but I don't know why it has to be a Legendary. Looks more like an Epic.

Mei's Snowball Offensive is really fun, I'm enjoying it a lot. But at the same time, it becomes a horror event. Most of Mei's lines becoming weirdly creepy, the intense panic when your abilities are on cooldown and you have no ammo, and more. I played a match of Quick Play after, and the sight of Mei triggered a sense of terror.

I've already got 3/4 achievements on the first day of the event, so that's cool.

On 14/12/2016 at 10:14 PM, Polkadi the Snowman said:

I played a match of Quick Play after, and the sight of Mei triggered a sense of terror.

I got this even before the christmas event so the event itself was a fever dream from start to finish.  Luckily I got my complimentary 1st win loot box on my second game, I don't think I can handle the stress of it any further lol.

• Thumbs Up 2

I've gotten like 6 lootboxes since the event started and no sign of the Tracer skin. It's literally the only one I want. Come on Blizzard.

There's a new Overwatch comic! It's Christmas themed. It confirms Tracer being a lesbian, too!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Weegee said:

There's a new Overwatch comic! It's Christmas themed. It confirms Tracer being a lesbian, too!

Along with subtle Emergenji shipping, Torbjörn having a shitload of kids (the kids huddled around Reinhardt), and that Tracer has a special stand for her chronal accelerator so she can move freely without a harness.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was really suprised that Tracer's a lesbian, it's pretty cute actually! 

Widowmaker's panel was really depressing. ?

• 4 weeks later...

Overwatch is celebrating the year of the Rooster with costumes, emotes and some POTG screens and victory emotes.There's also a Capture the flag event.

Spoiler

Dat Symmetra costume, emote and voiceline EEEEEEEEEEE

• Thumbs Up 1

You know that bit right at the end of Numbani, where the payload goal is directly outside the enemy team's spawn which enables them to hold back against pushes with relative ease? Now imagine both teams have to push through that to win, and there's almost certainly a Symmetra or a Torbjorn, if not both, on both sides. That's Overwatch CTF in a nutshell. It's awful. The overwhelming majority of games end in a draw because it's so much more efficient to just camp most of the time. What the hell happened?

6 minutes ago, Blacklightning said:

You know that bit right at the end of Numbani, where the payload goal is directly outside the enemy team's spawn which enables them to hold back against pushes with relative ease? Now imagine both teams have to push through that to win, and there's almost certainly a Symmetra or a Torbjorn, if not both, on both sides. That's Overwatch CTF in a nutshell. It's awful. The overwhelming majority of games end in a draw because it's so much more efficient to just camp most of the time. What the hell happened?

Stall tactics are exploited across the game now. It makes it a lot less fun and is a large reason why my playtime went down significantly. It's just not very fun to deal with on the attacking side and borders on boring on the defending side. They're perfectly valid tactics, don't get me wrong, but they're not fun to deal with. I think those modes need to be rethought, but if you give too much benefits to the attacking side you'll end up with the opposite extreme where teams just steamroll eachother until a tie happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

so it appears that tf2 got something right after all 

now i'm not an expert per say on ctf modes but if I had to guess some of the reasons why its not working very well...

• the event maps were designed for koth not ctf ! (a new map would have to be designed for ctf) 
  • the timer removes the need to capture 3 flags in a row (a much longer timer could help matches out drastically)
  • leaving a flag in front of a spawn is a terrible idea (the flag needs to be in an seperate area of the map not too close to the enemy's spawn area but also not too close to the spawn point)
  • the flag areas need different backdoors (6 mini lazers,1 auto aim turret and a bastion with a turret mode all guarding the 3 enterances that are all on the same wall convently close together....this game doesn't have uber charge there needs to be a way to get behind and distract or disable their defenses so that the main team can barge in.)
  • the flag has no negative effects (solder 47 can sprint back to the other flag in about 7 or so seconds,dva can boost away from enemys with her high health taking hits that won't slow her down,sombra can turn invisible,get bursts of speed and teleport back to wherever she leaves her teleporter at....now tell me how exactly are we mean't to catch up to them exactly?)

16 hours ago, kirby1up said:
  • sombra can turn invisible,get bursts of speed and teleport back to wherever she leaves her teleporter at....

Wait wait, hold the fuck up. Sombra can translocate while holding the fucking flag? *one quick Google later*

Well, I guess it kinda depends on not having a Torb turret in view of the flag after you uncloak, but that's still absolutely ridiculous. Did Blizzard even playtest this?

According to the developer video they counterbalanced the usability of high movement skills with having the flag only being captured if you stay on the point for a few seconds without taking damage. Frankly I hardly ever see flag bearers being defeated on the way back to their own camp, there are several more characters that can make their way back home quickly and safely enough (usually I see it happen when flag bearers aren't sure which side is taken by allies and so venture unknowingly into where the enemy team's attacking), so whether Sombra has the most potential out of them all doesn't even matter all too much, once a team fight goes out and the attackers secure the flag area, the flag usually makes it's way home most of the time.

Even so it's an Arcade mode, and like most modes there (except maybe the modes on Ecopoint Antarctica) they aren't very well balanced compared to Quick Play and Competitive, so I wouldn't count too much on balance there. :P Jeff Kaplan did say somewhere in the last dev video that they aren't looking much into making Capture the Flag a fully fleshed game mode with it's own maps either way, at least in the near future, unless fan feedback would be overwhelmingly positive. So far reception seems pretty mixed as far as I noticed.

Yeah, they basically said it wouldn't be Overwatch if they limited hero abilities while you're holding the flag, so just designed it as a fun, not perfectly balanced mode, akin to Mystery Heroes - there for when you just fancy something different.

I think I've had my fill of it for sure, but when you ARE against a fiercly defending team it does feel really good to finally break through or catch them off guard.  My best game actually involved our Symmetra capturing 2 out of the 3 flags, both times assisted by me speeding them along as Lucio.

• 3 weeks later...

So, thought I might as well throw a quick word in here, but since Game Night's coming back for a night, Overwatch is currently leading in the votes for the Encore game (which will be played after the main event). Currently, we're able to get games running for PC and PS4 versions of the game (We would love to do the same for Xbox One, but unless there's enough support and a host, we can't get it up and running). But anyway, if you want to play in a team, get that nice XP bonus, and have some fun, get your votes in. 

http://www.strawpoll.me/12332262

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm so lucky, I just BARELY got the D.va special skin before the event ended and I had enough credits to but the Mei one, phew

I think Winston's and Mercy's were the only ones I missed this event!

Also I voted for Overwatch for Game Night, I'll try and join this time (for Smash as well, if Internet allows).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, God Eater Lenka said:

I'm so lucky, I just BARELY got the D.va special skin before the event ended and I had enough credits to but the Mei one, phew

I think Winston's and Mercy's were the only ones I missed this event!

Also I voted for Overwatch for Game Night, I'll try and join this time (for Smash as well, if Internet allows).

Lucky. All I got was Zen's skin (I really wanted D.Va's). I got about 12 loot boxes between arcade and level ups on those last two nights and got shafted as hard as you possibly can on them.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Lucky. All I got was Zen's skin (I really wanted D.Va's). I got about 12 loot boxes between arcade and level ups on those last two nights and got shafted as hard as you possibly can on them.

Yeah honestly up until the very end I had horrible luck

Recently I've been buying lootboxes at the end of the event, usually 5 but I bought an extra 2 since I thought I wouldn't be able to level up in time (the ONE time I needed duplicates to get to 3000, I got zero dupes lel)

Just now, God Eater Lenka said:

Yeah honestly up until the very end I had horrible luck

Recently I've been buying lootboxes at the end of the event, usually 5 but I bought an extra 2 since I thought I wouldn't be able to level up in time (the ONE time I needed duplicates to get to 3000, I got zero dupes lel)

I think I must've gotten at least thirty loot boxes altogether during the event, between arcade, level ups, and such. I got Zen's skin, D.Va's B.Va skin (Which sucked, since I already had her Junebug skin, which I love), and 500 coins as my legendary stuff. When I didn't get 3000, I just ended up buying Pharah's anime skin (I know it's not a specific anime skin, but it's the one that looks like it's out of an anime if you know the one I'm referring to). I have 920 coins atm, so I'm trying to decide a skin to get. 

• 2 weeks later...

welp our 24th hero in overwatch has been revealed (and it sounds like the "terror" has stolen his gauntlet back)

• Thumbs Up 2

First off, Orisa is cute, and she sounds like a joy to try out (and may stand alongside Reinhardt as a common hero).

Second, Doomfist was pretty much confirmed in the latest Dev Update, babeeeeyyyy.

well judging on what Orisa's fortify ability blocks in this video I can safely say she will show up a lot in future matches once shes added

• 3 weeks later...