Awoo.

Overwatch

YoshiUnity

So I thought some of you might find this interesting.

Following complaints of Torbjorn on consoles, director Jeff Kaplan mentioned on reddit that his turret would be nerfed to do 30% less damage. PC won't be affected by this. I've heard on consoles, he's already got reduced damage, along with Symmetra, to compensate for slower reaction times.

So to everyone who's been having Torb problems, what system do you play on? I play on PC and have never had any real issues with him, but I can see why the console scene would be different. The OP that Jeff is responding to in my link also mentions that coordinating an attack strategy is also more difficult because of the lack of communication on PS4 and XBONE. 

I honestly think that's the wrong way to nerf him on consoles.  His damage output is fine, but the speed and range at which it tracks you is absolutely bonkers.  That stupid thing is more efficient at sniping than half of the pub population who pick Widow.

I play PS4 mostly and a whole team of Torbs can be a mess to deal with.  So far I've a single game against a defending Torb team where everyone was on point and immediately switched characters to counter it.  At the end we had two Widowmakers, a Reinhardt, two Pharahs, and I picked Zarya and we rolled through them like nothing.  It's possible to do but it very rarely happens if you aren't with friends.

18 hours ago, Nix said:

I honestly think that's the wrong way to nerf him on consoles.  His damage output is fine, but the speed and range at which it tracks you is absolutely bonkers.  That stupid thing is more efficient at sniping than half of the pub population who pick Widow.

I play PS4 mostly and a whole team of Torbs can be a mess to deal with.  So far I've a single game against a defending Torb team where everyone was on point and immediately switched characters to counter it.  At the end we had two Widowmakers, a Reinhardt, two Pharahs, and I picked Zarya and we rolled through them like nothing.  It's possible to do but it very rarely happens if you aren't with friends.

This, the damage is fine but it the speed at which it pinpoints you is insane and it causes death without you really even knowing how you died in the first place at times.

He is not that bad. If you are bad at fps than yes he is a pain. Widowmaker can make short work of his turret. Actually most can. Unless its on a roof and the opposing team is defending said point than yes its a pain to get to but if your team is focused and good and know how to prioritize than you attack him first get rid of the turret than go about your merry way. This will not really do much but maybe now people can move closer to the point.

I played a game with 5 Trobs on PS4, and one other player who kept switching tanks. We lost on the last point to capture for the sheer fact no matter what we did, by the time we had one or two turrets down, the turrets were rebuilt. The biggest issue with Turrets is the sheer fact that the turret has a near infinite range, where in most maps, as soon as you have a turret in your aim, it also can lock onto you, and begin shooting at you before you have a chance at taking it down. Likewise, with Genji. the one character people keep claiming "Is the turrets' worse enemy". Well let me remind you that a Genji's reflect can only output damage that's sent into it. Something that is one of the greatest assets against a McCree or Bastion due to turret mode, or Fan the Hammer potentially sending a massive damage input for the reflect to output back towards the enemy. The turret doesn't have this, due to it's fire speed not being able to send out enough damage output to get it close to destruction. If you're lucky, you might get it to half health before your reflect ends and the turret finishes you off.

Also, on another note, there needs to be a fucking hero limit implemented into this game.

Torb can be annoying on PC too honestly. This weekend I was matched against a defending team full of them on the Hollywood map and our balanced team was completely wrecked. You would switch to Widowmaker and be able to take out one or two of them but by that point one of them would shoot you down and the other would rebuild new ones/ ult. Add in that ridiculous vertical moving platform in the back that makes a turret near impossible to counteract with anyone other than a sniper and I can see how the consoles had to nerf him. Though, I honestly would have changed the time it takes to lock-on to an enemy more than anything (because I think Genji is going to become next to useless against him now)but I’m glad they did something to him.

Actually, after a lot more time with this game I’ve just found that there are heroes that I absolutely hate going up against. Of course Mei is still the absolute worst but if I had to name the other four of a top five (from 5th to 2nd) list it’d be:

Pharah: She has the ability to fly around like an annoying fly and shoot rockets…

Genji: If you’re up against a good one then there is little you can do to counter with most characters. His quick speed and how his model will often blend into the environment is more annoying that it has any right to be.

76: Am I the only one that thinks his reticle is too damn small (even with m+kb)? Also, his damage output is insane. Add in that bs ult and I just find him to be a pain all around.

Torb: What I said above.

Though honestly, none of them even come close to the complete nightmare that is Mei.

On the flipside, I’ve also found myself to be quite a bit fonder of Lucio, Rienhardt, and Junkrat also.

Been playing a couple times on Competitives, on PC i'm at 53, high 54. Console 72, close to 73. that's like the actual 1% of the high level in.

So, decided to upload two of my favourite plays of the game.

Man, Lúcio's wall riding ability isn't that gr--

*accidentally does this*

ON SECOND THOUGHT IT IS THE GREATEST ABILITY EVER

• Thumbs Up 2

I've moved to Lucio over Zenyatta as my main support character these days, and even though I dick around with wallriding when I'm not busy I still struggle to use it consistently on some surfaces. Is there a trick to jumping in between multiple walls without dropping? I thought it was just holding the jump button while alongside and parallel to one but sometimes it doesn't seem to latch on right and I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. also i have a really hard time hitting shit with him why am i always horrible with burst weapons

2 hours ago, Blacklightning said:

I've moved to Lucio over Zenyatta as my main support character these days, and even though I dick around with wallriding when I'm not busy I still struggle to use it consistently on some surfaces. Is there a trick to jumping in between multiple walls without dropping? I thought it was just holding the jump button while alongside and parallel to one but sometimes it doesn't seem to latch on right and I can't tell what I'm doing wrong. also i have a really hard time hitting shit with him why am i always horrible with burst weapons

I honestly have no idea how it works completely. I didn't even know you could climb up multiple walls and save yourself from dying. I was just tapping jump a lot, hehe.

Also I can barely aim as him too WHOOPS

So did you hear about the newest hero they added? Ana, Pharah's Mother is the newest Overwatch character, added to the Support class.

She uses a sniper rifle that when fired at teammates, she can heal them. She also has a sleep dart that knocks opponents out for a short amount of time.

• Thumbs Up 1

COMING THROUGH.

NIX HERE WITH THE MADDEST OF SKILLS.

Spoiler

I can't even.

I can't wait to play as Ana.  She looks like a lot of fun.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Nix said:

COMING THROUGH.

NIX HERE WITH THE MADDEST OF SKILLS.

Hide contents

I can't even.

I can't wait to play as Ana.  She looks like a lot of fun.

Stop playing Overwatch

You're too OP

I think I'm gonna drop Widowmaker and stick with Hanzo. I just can't aim well enough with a controller. If I had a mouse then maybe, but I dunno.

Ana looks awesome but she's also a sniper, and I might have similar problems with her (especially since she's a support character).

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hey guys. I want to buy Overwatch but I dont know what system to get it on. PS4 or PC?

Also, is it too late to start? I assume most players will call me a noob...

6 minutes ago, Diamond said:

Hey guys. I want to buy Overwatch but I dont know what system to get it on. PS4 or PC?

Well, just gonna throw it out there that there's no obvious benefits to buying PC/PS4. They're more or less the same game on both consoles and both get content updates at the same time so you won't be missing anything by playing PS4, or playing PC.

No it isn't. The game is very easy to get to grips and has several beginner characters if you want to ease into the game (Reaper, Soldier, Bastion, Torb). Don't get me wrong. OW heroes are designed in a way that they're good as beginner characters but still very viable if you master them.

Personally, I'm on PS4.

The only kind of game like this that i played is TF2 which doesnt have controller support.

Is it hard to master the controls?

16 minutes ago, Diamond said:

For PC, it depends on what type of computer you have. If you can't run the game at 60 FPS its kinda pointless. Though, if you can, you'll get a possibly better looking version, better controls (even by console FPS standards, I heard OW isn't very good on consoles control wise), as well as access to PRT (Public Realm Testing) to test out upcoming content or balance changes and give feedback. You should also be aware that the console and PC versions will be balanced separately.

5 hours ago, Diamond said:

If you have a good PC that can run it, that version is the best. Cheaper price point, much much better controls and patches/content come first. I'd be playing on PC if I had the option.

Also understand that the game has a training mode, quick play and competitive tiers, and matchmaking based on rank. You're usually not going to be thrown into a match with people ten times above your skill level, unless you just don't have any inkling about how first-person shooters work.

51 minutes ago, Nepenthe said:

Also understand that the game has a training mode, quick play and competitive tiers, and matchmaking based on rank. You're usually not going to be thrown into a match with people ten times above your skill level, unless you just don't have any inkling about how first-person shooters work.

Huh. I've met players that are up at level 90 while I'm at level 20.

Do you also get placed based on skill? Because I think that happens as well.