Awoo.

Overwatch

YoshiUnity

We're getting a new event tomorrow, the trailer has been leaked, but it's in French.

Spoiler

It's called Overwatch Insurrection, which is focusing on Overwatch back in it's old days. 

In the event, you'll have to defeat a bunch of purple omnics, kinda like the Halloween event, but there's no character enemies so far. It takes place in King's Row I think.

I think you'll be playing as a limited set of characters here, like Tracer, Torbjorn, Reindheart, Mercy and maybe other founding overwatch members.

Mcree and Genji will be getting Blackwatch skins, Widowmaker will also be getting a new skin, and the founding members of Overwatch will be getting Blue Overwatch uniform skins. I think it's been hinted that Orisa will be getting a skin also. 

Also the description says there will also be new dialogue that may reveal some more back stories?

The event lasts till May 1st.

The Uprising event has launched! Download the update now and go give Null Sector a beating!

On 4/12/2017 at 2:21 AM, Soldier: 76 said:

KBdfVDF.jpg

GUESS WHAT I GOOOOT

now im broke (in credits)

Managed to get Orisa's Omnic Legendary today (Although I want Blackwater Genji/McCree, OW Tracer, or OW Mercy). I have 4000 coins (Having saved in advance for this) so I'm gonna try get 6000 before the end of the event and hopefully get Genji and Tracer's.

Well, I hope none of you play healer in comp.

Because Blizzard has confirmed you're supposed to be getting screwed over and gaining less sr than everyone else, despite how vital your role to the team is.

I thought so. I got placed 700 ranks less than my friend even though we are about the same skill wise. It's why I've given up on competitive altogether now. Far too stressful for not enough gain.

well its time to find a buddy to drag into the Nexus again. cause Heroes of the storm has another exclusive skin for us to snag (also R.I.P players who played 15 matches just to get that genji skin from the last event)

2 hours ago, kirby1up said:

well its time to find a buddy to drag into the Nexus again. cause Heroes of the storm has another exclusive skin for us to snag (also R.I.P players who played 15 matches just to get that genji skin from the last event)

I'll probably be doing it if you want to help me with it. Although I'm only doing it on Week 2 and 4 to get D.Va and the loot boxes.

Is that Police D.Va? Wow. I really want that, but I don't have Heroes of the Storm... Nor a PC to play it on.

I'm doing ALL the weeks.

I already have Oni Genji, but I really want to get into HotS, and so does another friend. So this is the perfect opportunity.

18 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'll probably be doing it if you want to help me with it. Although I'm only doing it on Week 2 and 4 to get D.Va and the loot boxes.

Just now, Polkadi said:

I'm doing ALL the weeks.

I already have Oni Genji, but I really want to get into HotS, and so does another friend. So this is the perfect opportunity.

well I have some good news and bad news for you guys

bad news is you have to get the week 1 rewards before you can get the week 2 rewards (so basicly a total of 20 matches in order to get the free crates)

the good news is that

1. we can apparently finish all of the weeks on the 4th week (or basicly marathon HOTS matches on a weekend in order to get the rewards)
  2. they have a mega pack deal running in may in which players can choose a bundle of 20 free heroes to use in HOTS (the 4 bundle choices can be found here http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/megabundles/ )
  3. tracer,lucio,zara,genji and dva are playable characters in HOTS (dva will get released in may)

Oh, for fuck's sake, Blizzard. I like the stuff you're throwing out, but needing to play with a friend and needing to play a fucking MOBA as well? Fuck off.

Spoiler

I'm one of those people who sorta gets why people play MOBAs but also mostly doesn't get why people play MOBAs because they're just not fun to play, for various reasons including MOBAs generally being so drawn-out and matches taking so long that I'd rather just play a multiplayer game that actually has sane match times.

Since in-game daily quests work fine in VS AI mode with AI teammates I'd assume that you can just play some games there with a friend to get the event stuff as well. Even easier with the lowest difficulty setting for the AI, so you can just rush a lane hard to the enemy's core and call it done. No need to deal with the intricacies of MOBAs against other human players and have a frustrating experience out of it if that's what scares anyone here off.

8 hours ago, Candescence said:

Hide contents

I'm one of those people who sorta gets why people play MOBAs but also mostly doesn't get why people play MOBAs because they're just not fun to play, for various reasons including MOBAs generally being so drawn-out and matches taking so long that I'd rather just play a multiplayer game that actually has sane match times.

From the few MOBAs I've experienced before I'd say Heroes of the Storm has matches that go down pretty fast. Match time is around 20 minutes average which is around 2 times faster than most other MOBAs I remember trying out (looking at you, League of Legends games and their 40+ minute borefests...). Plus game's less reliant on solo farming and moreso on team play and objectives, which usually makes gameplay a bit more active than other games of the genre.

That said, while 20 minutes for a MOBA is pretty fast it's still a MOBA. I think I'd rather take those 20 minutes not dealing with ragers that are seemingly everywhere this genre, short-tempered as I already am... Probably only gonna play for these next few weeks and then I'll be fine with just Overwatch again. (That, and how barely optimized HotS is. It uses only half of my CPU's cores and punishes me with shoddy framerates because of that. Ugh.)

Oh right, almost forgot. A friend of mine posted this screenshot on Discord about Jeff Kaplan commenting about the event:

x3OlIYP.png

Apparently the skins for both Genji and D.Va will become available at some point to unlock in Overwatch itself, so if anyone here doesn't feel like dragging through HotS you may eventually have a chance to get it in the future.

Edited by Mystwalker
Fixing text.
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Candescence said:

Oh, for fuck's sake, Blizzard. I like the stuff you're throwing out, but needing to play with a friend and needing to play a fucking MOBA as well? Fuck off.

Hide contents

This is not the first time they did this. They made an event last year where you could win Oni Genji after winning 15 matches with a friend in HOTS. Win another 15 with a friend for bonus HOTS content.

This is a lot more fair, and a hell of a lot more rewarding.

Man, I think the Uprising event's been one of my favourites to date. Not only was the event fun as hell, but I got pretty much every thing I wanted out of the loot boxes.

From the loot boxes themselves, I got....

• Null Sector Orisa
  • Overwatch Rein 
  • Talon Widowmaker
  • Null Sector Bastion
  • Cadet Tracer
  • Ironclad Torb 
  • Push-Up Emote (Soldier)
  • Pharah's Flare Emote
  • Hanzo's training emote
  • D'va's Selfie Outro

And then on top of that, I managed to save 6000 coins, so I got Blackwatch Genji and Combat Medic Mercy.

Tracer was actually pretty lucky. I was trying to decide which I wanted more out of Genji, Mercy, or Tracer and I bought the costumes last night in case the update ended the event and decided to get Mercy and Genji's. I got three shit loot boxes today on arcade and level ups and was about to give up but decided to keep going and get my final arcade box. I open it up, and get one legendary among the trash, and it's Cadet Tracer!

Pretty much think the only item I wanted that I missed was Blackwatch McCree. Otherwise, I've gotten every single thing I wanted out of the event for once.

Solely got Blackwatch Genji and the 2 Torbjorn skins from the event. Also bought D.Va's highlight intro only for it to appear some lootboxes later, lol. Kinda wanted the Mercy skin too, but with 4 legendary Mercy skins already I think I can live without it.

FxAMnDE.jpg

Plus also got this one from the HotS games last evening. Good stuff.

Kinda hoping they keep pumping out more PvE events in the future. These are quite interesting, and a decent change of pace from when Quick Play isn't doing any favours. :P 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Overwatch is celebrating it's One year anniversary with an event, wonder what they'll have in store for us this time?

Double post, but it's here!

Three new areas, new dancing emotes, and skins!

Genji's head helmet looks really familiar not sure if it's from the Japanese power rangers or something else.

What even is Symmetra's costume, I'll need to look more closely...

So am I a shameless enough Lucio main to stop everything and spend all my credits and time going after his new skin?...

Screen_Shot_17-05-23_14-22-28-000.jpg

No fucking regrets. I was not about to wait the entire event just to see if my luck would pull out. I've already been getting screwed over with Injustice 2 on that front.

3 hours ago, Fusion Force said:

Double post, but it's here!

Three new areas, new dancing emotes, and skins!

Genji's head helmet looks really familiar not sure if it's from the Japanese power rangers or something else.

What even is Symmetra's costume, I'll need to look more closely...

KAmen rider