Awoo.

Overwatch

YoshiUnity

Really have to agree with Ryan here. Just seems like a cheap move by Blizz to make these legendary skins 3 times more pricey than the regular ones. I get them waiting people to play more but... it's fucking Overwatch with a new event... people are going to play anyways. Guess that teaches me to save up all my coins for the next event. Didn't think ahead and am currently sitting at like 200...

At this point I've gotten like 5 loot boxes and haven't gained a single skin yet. I guess this is some form of payback for getting the Lucio, Tracer, and Zarya skins in my first few loot boxes during the summer games.

I know the sprays are cute and all and I do want them... but damn do I hate getting them at this point. Though, and I know I'm being a complete sheep here, I'm not worried because I've already decided I'm going to go ham with the in-game purchases on Halloween if I don't get the skins I want by then. It's breaking my rule but... damn if I don't need that Junkenstein skin. I have a visa gift card that still has about $30 dollars on it and I won't be afraid to use it if all else fails. I'm just not going to have the time this month to grind levels with exams coming up. Also, I figure that since I play the game so damn much and only got the $40 edition (plus I'm doing somewhat well for myself) I can spare the cash.

I'll just have to chalk it up under my "shameful spending" column when tax season comes around. Right next to my Kid Icarus wall scroll.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Except I don't. To date, I bought five items with Loot Box coins that I earned in game over the course of my playing, those being Genji's young skin (Not the blue haired one, the black haired one), Mercy's angelic taunt, Reaper's clap taunt, Genji's sit taunt, and D.Va's legendary taunt. That's hardly "spending every coin". 

And for the record, I play about 4 hours or so when I do get playing it, so I'm finding it hard to believe that at most, I get a level and a half, and somehow, you're getting three levels. 

And finally, the cute achievement sprays are the best and you don't even get them in loot boxes :U

Don't remember how much normal emotes are, but Legendary skins and D.Va's sitting emote are 1000 each, so that's quite a bit of money.

I don't know what to tell you... Maybe I'm just not remembering correctly but I seemed to get a few more than one and a half. I think you get more experience on competitive since they generally last longer. There's a bonus if you play with friends too but I haven't done that in a while.

Cute achievement sprays are hit or miss with me, hehe.

On 13/10/2016 at 1:55 PM, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Except I don't. To date, I bought five items with Loot Box coins that I earned in game over the course of my playing, those being Genji's young skin (Not the blue haired one, the black haired one), Mercy's angelic taunt, Reaper's clap taunt, Genji's sit taunt, and D.Va's legendary taunt. That's hardly "spending every coin". 

Let's see here...

Genji's Legendary Skin: 1000cr

Mercy's Emote: 250cr

Reaper's Emote: 250cr

Genji's Emote: 250cr

D.va's Legendary Emote: 1000cr

All added up...

You spent 2750cr.

3 minutes ago, Spookadi said:

Let's see here...

Genji's Legendary Skin: 1000cr

Mercy's Emote: 250cr

Reaper's Emote: 250cr

Genji's Emote: 250cr

D.va's Legendary Emote: 1000cr

All added up...

You spent 2750cr.

Yes, and that's from since when I began playing the game, which was three months ago.

8 hours ago, Ryannumber1Scarer said:

Yes, and that's from since when I began playing the game, which was three months ago.

At least it wasn't all in one go. That would have been way too much to spend.

genji nomad skins best genji skins, ya filthy weeb

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to buy the PC digital version when I have time, let's hope my laptop plays nicely.
Does anyone know if anything's different in buying physical or digital (not just OW but like, games in general)? 

17 hours ago, Deciduflare said:

Bump, because after a bunch of hints and clues and leaks, official artwork of Sombra is revealed! 

It was on Blizzards official site... I like the design. And color! 

https://www.google.co.in/amp/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2016/11/1/13485958/overwatch-sombra-art-leak?client=ms-android-oneplus

Tough luck for me, I saw it on Tumblr and they're already making a fuss about skin color. Not going to ruin my fun though. Can't wait to see her in action.

She had a gun in the previous "leak", but man it would be cool if she could do that weird finger laser. I know it's symbolizing her power over machines, but still.

11 minutes ago, KoDaiko said:

I'm going to buy the PC digital version when I have time, let's hope my laptop plays nicely.
Does anyone know if anything's different in buying physical or digital (not just OW but like, games in general)? 

Tough luck for me, I saw it on Tumblr and they're already making a fuss about skin color. Not going to ruin my fun though. Can't wait to see her in action.

She had a gun in the previous "leak", but man it would be cool if she could do that weird finger laser. I know it's symbolizing her power over machines, but still.

Well, with Overwatch, it's possible that you can get the Noire skin for Widowmaker in a pre-order code. And it's the Origins Edition, so you can get the Origins Edition skins and bonus content for other Blizzard games.

For PC, it's $20 less, but none of the bonus stuff. Unless you buy the Origins Edition, but you still don't get the pre-order code.

49 minutes ago, Spookadi said:

Well, with Overwatch, it's possible that you can get the Noire skin for Widowmaker in a pre-order code. And it's the Origins Edition, so you can get the Origins Edition skins and bonus content for other Blizzard games.

For PC, it's $20 less, but none of the bonus stuff. Unless you buy the Origins Edition, but you still don't get the pre-order code.

Thank you for the information.

Bad thing is: I don't have the other consoles because reasons, so If I want the contents I need to buy them all first.

Good thing is: I looked at the skins and I don't really mind not having them (It's nice but I don't mind not having them), and I don't play any other Blizzard game.

so I guess I'm ok with PC and the extra $20 save. 

Sombra looks really good. Wonder what kind of abilities she'll have? She doesn't seem much like a stealth here. Maybe she's a defense hero?

inb4countdowns

If you have the $40 version of Overwatch PC, you can buy the Origins Edition through Blizzard at any time for just $20.

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/sombra/

So she's an attack hero... huh, definitely didn't see that coming. Love her backstory and design. Though, from the gameplay I've seen, she seems op as hell.

I don't know guys, I think she has the potential to negatively influence a game in a couple of major ways. Her EMP pretty much tilts the base mechanics of the game on their head. Honestly, it's quite perfect for the hacking style but from a balanced, gameplay perspective? Dear lord... just no. A large majority of ults are just useless with most of her abilities which, in turn, puts a large amount of the rooster at a sever disadvantage. Add in her being able to deal a large amount of damage at the same time plus being pretty damn mobile to boot and she might just become the next Mei in terms of community hate.

*sigh* I hate to be the negative guy here (especially since we've waited this long just for her announcement), but I just don't see this character fitting in nicely with the current base content. Though, I figure her current stats absolutely won't make it into the actual game so there's that. PTR is a blessing. I'll save full judgement until we can actually use her though.

But on a side note, can we talk about Blizz's obsession at the moment to make Lucio next to pointless? I mean, it was bad enough with the last two patches doing nothing but nerf him but now how do they show off their new character's ult? By displaying it completely counteracting Lucio's. I get that they're trying to make high level comp more varied as he's a must have for teams on most maps, but they're starting to get into the territory of just making him weak as fuck. It certainly isn't helping the healers as he's arguably still the best one so it's just making the entire class seem weaker by default.

I dunno, from reading posts that are going in-depth with Sombra based on test feedback from demo booths at Blizzcon it feels like the overall kit is very interesting, with some fears here and there, and then there's some peeps who tested her current build and feel there's a few underwhelming aspects to tweak about. Here's a thread from r/CompetitiveOverwatch with some specifics about her kit.

As an first impression I wouldn't say it's a particularly positive or negative one (she can either shake the competitive meta or be barely seen at all depending on how good she can hold on her own), but it sure feels like she can do far more as a single hero than most other heroes can at the moment. On top of my head and from what I've read so far, she has:

• 200 HP.
  • a 60 clip Uzi with the same effective range as Soldier 76 but with a larger spread and apparently average firerate (no good consensus about damage yet, seems average to high depending to how close you are to the target)
  • Stealth (lasts 5 seconds, cooldown about 6 seconds after exiting stealth, any hit taken breaks stealth, runs as fast as Soldier 76's Sprint)
  • Hack with right click (has a cast time of about 1-2 seconds, can be interrupted by enemy fire, range of about 10 meters, debuffs for 6 seconds, cooldown 12 seconds or so, Reinhardt/Winston shields can block hack attempts, hacking breaks Stealth, keeps track of debuffed target through walls and also reveals hacked target's Ult charge!)
  • a Translocator to teleport back to a chosen point (lasts 12 seconds after placed, indestructible, takes some time to reach destination, teleportation has a small delay, does NOT break Stealth after recall)
  • EMP (very large radius around herself, apparent average to quick charge rate, can shutdown even Zenyatta's Transcendence making it a counter to a popular ult counter...)
  • a passive, Opportunist, which allows her to see enemy targets with critical health (below 50% HP) marked on the field, even through walls (I assume it shows a marking kinda like how a healer sees allied players with low health)

... yeah, feels like an extra-packed toolkit in it's own right.

Personally I like Sombra's gameplay style, so I'm hoping the dev team can get her right before release. Definitely don't want to see another Ana situation with her.

EDIT: For those who crave lootboxes or some game variety, there's an upcoming Arcade mode that might be pretty dandy.

Highlights include a 1v1 Mystery Duel, 3v3 Elimination, 6v6 All Brawls (all old Brawls can be played from here), 6v6 No Limits (apparently Quick Match is going to include a 1 hero limit, so this will be the place to go for multiple Bastions/Torbjorns, lol) and 6v6 Mystery Heroes modes. A new map is specific to these Arcade modes. Also every week you can win a lootbox for every 3 wins in Arcade, up to a maximum of 9 wins for 3 lootboxes. It looks like plenty of variety to play with!

Edited by Mystwalker
Fixing stuff, added Arcade mode details

Wait... Quick Play is getting the character limit? Again... can't say I'm too happy about that. I know their plan here is to try and limit the complaints of people who always want a serious match even out of comp but this line in particular just rubs me all kinds of the wrong way:

This (6v6 No limits) will be just like Quick Play is now.

No, it won't be. You're essentially creating a mode specifically for silliness while creating yet another strict  environment in another mode. Part of the fun of this game has been the random encounters of silly team makeups in Quick Play that end up working out of sheer surprise. It was the mixture of serious playing intertwined with a few joke matches that made this game stand out from other team based games. To now completely split apart the two just weakens both of them as Quick Play now drifts further into "No Fun Allowed" territory and this new arcade mode being a complete troll heaven with little to no hope of anything getting done otherwise. The mixture made it work.

Eh, have to say that Blizzcon has been kind of disappointing for me so far. We already knew about Sombra and what we didn't know looks frighteningly game breaking, Blizz is furthering their advancements of taking silliness out of the game, and the rest of the new modes just don't seem balanced at all. I do like the new short and maps though but beyond that, I just can't see this all working well.

4 minutes ago, Strickerx5 said:

Wait... Quick Play is getting the character limit? Again... can't say I'm too happy about that. I know their plan here is to try and limit the complaints of people who always want a serious match even out of comp but this line in particular just rubs me all kinds of the wrong way:

No, it won't be. You're essentially creating a mode specifically for silliness while creating yet another strict  environment in another mode. Part of the fun of this game has been the random encounters of silly team makeups in Quick Play that end up working out of sheer surprise. It was the mixture of serious playing intertwined with a few joke matches that made this game stand out from other team based games. To now completely split apart the two just weakens both of them as Quick Play now drifts further into "No Fun Allowed" territory and this new arcade mode being a complete troll heaven with little to no hope of anything getting done otherwise. The mixture made it work.

Eh, have to say that Blizzcon has been kind of disappointing for me so far. We already knew about Sombra and what we didn't know looks frighteningly game breaking, Blizz is furthering their advancements of taking silliness out of the game, and the rest of the new modes just don't seem balanced at all. I do like the new short and maps though but beyond that, I just can't see this all working well.

I think this is a really bad way to look at it. From my perspective, I fucking hate going into Quick Play and having to basically forfeit a match because the enemy team decided to pick a dickhead method that basically breaks all rules of the game, and makes any counter so I try just completely fail. I don't care what the excuse is for it because it's never fun to be stuck on the opposing side of it, and it happens far too often.

But I see this as perfect, because they've figured out a solution to make both parties happy. There's now a semi-serious game mode where it's still open for hero experimentation and such, but it will actually benefit you through actually working by Comp rule sets, so if I wanted to train my Mercy for example, I can without risk of a dickhead team making it worthless to even play her, as well as letting me figure out how I can use her in a comp scene without the risks of trying it on comp until I'm confident with using her. Those who like hero stacked teams and such now have an exclusive game mode and myself, and others who don't fucking like that shit no longer has to deal with it. I really don't see the issue here, they found a middle line solution so both parties can have fun here. I don't have to play against these shit teams anymore that basically just ruin the match and they can still have fun whatever way they want. Win win.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I think this is a really bad way to look at it. From my perspective, I fucking hate going into Quick Play and having to basically forfeit a match because the enemy team decided to pick a dickhead method that basically breaks all rules of the game, and makes any counter so I try just completely fail. I don't care what the excuse is for it because it's never fun to be stuck on the opposing side of it, and it happens far too often.

But I see this as perfect, because they've figured out a solution to make both parties happy. There's now a semi-serious game mode where it's still open for hero experimentation and such, but it will actually benefit you through actually working by Comp rule sets, so if I wanted to train my Mercy for example, I can without risk of a dickhead team making it worthless to even play her, as well as letting me figure out how I can use her in a comp scene without the risks of trying it on comp until I'm confident with using her. Those who like hero stacked teams and such now have an exclusive game mode and myself, and others who don't fucking like that shit no longer has to deal with it. I really don't see the issue here, they found a middle line solution so both parties can have fun here. I don't have to play against these shit teams anymore that basically just ruin the match and they can still have fun whatever way they want. Win win.

Do you really run into these kind of games that much in QP? Honestly, I usually go a good 10 to 20 matches before I even land in a game with a team having two of the same character. I just don't think those few occurrences are enough to warrant creating, what essentially is, another comp mode. I might be in the minority here, but I also just can't think of a time when I truly hated finding myself in those silly situations. Just made me think on my feet and experience the game in a different way for a match.

It's even going to be more of a hassle now when you have those people who game hop when they can't get the character they want to play as. It all just further slows down the game with the toxic mindset that comp has already encouraged. Plus, it's almost certain that the new 6v6 mode will be seen as only a joking area so there truly is no middle ground anymore.

I know I can't speak for everyone, but going from my experience, this is basically splitting the game down further and I just can't get behind that. I do see where you're coming from here but I just never saw hero stacking as that big of a deal or even not fun.

Well, to me I've been getting increasingly more matches in QP where I see myself leaving purely because my team goes triple Widow/Hanzo and does nothing whatsoever to change the formation. A more recent game I simply stopped bothering and left the game after pointing out the problem in team chat because my team decided to add a 4th Widow/Hanzo to a point B capture in Temple of Anubis instead of listening to any attempts of coordination. It might be an extreme example out of a couple of cases but yeah, that kind of thing happens around 35 to 45% of the matches to me.

The lack of hero restrictions is cool and fun, yeah, can't deny that, but personally it feels like it's making QP WAY too carefree as it is. It gives a lot of problems, not just balance issues (a minor issue IMO, just respond to a stack with another stack, like Winstons vs an horde of Genjis) but mostly player behavior ones as well. And most of these behaviors clash with the team play aspect of the game.

As an example, try to think of the last time one saw that Hanzo and Bastion main dude in QP openly accept to play other heroes on demand, whether it's a QP or Competitive situation. Or one similar player who just thinks they can carry the entire team with their aiming prowess alone but are simply not doing a good job against their current team comp, and yet refuses to swap hero no matter what. Or the few players who leave after 1 round of Competitive thinking the match is already over, leaving the team 1 man short for the rest of the game (not quite an issue on topic, but lets include it anyway). It's more frequent than one might think.

Granted, that's just online gamers doing the usual shenanigans, but still I'm pretty sure a lot of the behavior issues players get could've been circumvented if the game encouraged players to play a wider variety of heroes through it's 1 Hero Limit. As it is right now, players just don't care enough to work as a team, and team play is pretty much how you win Overwatch games.

The good thing, even if all this isn't the player's cup of tea they can still play No Hero Limit at the Arcade, hopefully improving quality of play in QP a bit. Everyone wins.

5 hours ago, Strickerx5 said:

Plus, it's almost certain that the new 6v6 mode will be seen as only a joking area so there truly is no middle ground anymore.

Why would it be a joke? There's even lootboxes to encourage people to play the Arcade modes. :P Unless you mean people would just go in to play as they like without caring even more than before, in which I'd say it's a fair concern, but it probably wouldn't change much from today's settings anyway. It's like the article said, it's QP just like before.

All in all I'd guess Blizzard wants to push Overwatch as a competitive game, and thus wants to change things around so that the game feels easier to get into Competitive. That probably explains why 1 Hero Limit is going to be the standard. With Arcade offering additional rulesets the dev team has the possibility to balance QP a bit better with the attempt of making it a better middle ground for players who aren't much into Competitive, but don't want the hero stacking craziness of current QP. To me it seems like a change that will benefit everyone in the long term.

My only concern would be if the devs can maintain so many modes in Arcade, though. Queue times can end up pretty big for some of them...

Edited by Mystwalker
  • Thumbs Up 1

The only time Quick Play annoys me is when they pick 2 D.Vas. If her shield wasn't so broken I wouldn't mind, but it can block everything aside from non projectile attacks and it can be activated very often.

That said, I don't mind the change. I'm also curious about the other Arcade modes too. Extra lootboxes sounds good too (getting a freebie every few days plus the ones you get from normal play is a plus for me).

7 hours ago, Mystwalker said:

Well, to me I've been getting increasingly more matches in QP where I see myself leaving purely because my team goes triple Widow/Hanzo and does nothing whatsoever to change the formation. A more recent game I simply stopped bothering and left the game after pointing out the problem in team chat because my team decided to add a 4th Widow/Hanzo to a point B capture in Temple of Anubis instead of listening to any attempts of coordination. It might be an extreme example out of a couple of cases but yeah, that kind of thing happens around 35 to 45% of the matches to me.

The lack of hero restrictions is cool and fun, yeah, can't deny that, but personally it feels like it's making QP WAY too carefree as it is. It gives a lot of problems, not just balance issues (a minor issue IMO, just respond to a stack with another stack, like Winstons vs an horde of Genjis) but mostly player behavior ones as well. And most of these behaviors clash with the team play aspect of the game.

As an example, try to think of the last time one saw that Hanzo and Bastion main dude in QP openly accept to play other heroes on demand, whether it's a QP or Competitive situation. Or one similar player who just thinks they can carry the entire team with their aiming prowess alone but are simply not doing a good job against their current team comp, and yet refuses to swap hero no matter what. Or the few players who leave after 1 round of Competitive thinking the match is already over, leaving the team 1 man short for the rest of the game (not quite an issue on topic, but lets include it anyway). It's more frequent than one might think.

Granted, that's just online gamers doing the usual shenanigans, but still I'm pretty sure a lot of the behavior issues players get could've been circumvented if the game encouraged players to play a wider variety of heroes through it's 1 Hero Limit. As it is right now, players just don't care enough to work as a team, and team play is pretty much how you win Overwatch games.

The good thing, even if all this isn't the player's cup of tea they can still play No Hero Limit at the Arcade, hopefully improving quality of play in QP a bit. Everyone wins.

Why would it be a joke? There's even lootboxes to encourage people to play the Arcade modes. :P Unless you mean people would just go in to play as they like without caring even more than before, in which I'd say it's a fair concern, but it probably wouldn't change much from today's settings anyway. It's like the article said, it's QP just like before.

All in all I'd guess Blizzard wants to push Overwatch as a competitive game, and thus wants to change things around so that the game feels easier to get into Competitive. That probably explains why 1 Hero Limit is going to be the standard. With Arcade offering additional rulesets the dev team has the possibility to balance QP a bit better with the attempt of making it a better middle ground for players who aren't much into Competitive, but don't want the hero stacking craziness of current QP. To me it seems like a change that will benefit everyone in the long term.

My only concern would be if the devs can maintain so many modes in Arcade, though. Queue times can end up pretty big for some of them...

Hm, again I've honestly never encountered hero stacking as much as you guys seem to. Though again, I just don't see how taking out hero stacking will encourage non-toxic behavior.

Honestly, much of that behavior comes from comp from what I see. People having more limitations just makes more room for them to complain and argue with others. It doesn't seem like much of a middle ground as it seems more of a training ground for comp.

Yes, the new 6v6 looks like a good mode on paper but the thing is that it's now going to be the only place for the trolls to go. At least with QP you could dilute it as the general mindset was that it's still a game. With a mode specifically labeled "no limits" and another one that's now comp without rank you're isolating the people who liked the mix of both.

I'll call the example of Smash 4 where it had a mode labeled Casual and For Glory. Now, I can't find a single Casual game that isn't just taunting. So what if i want to play a simple game with items online? I can't. Smash is an example of trying to split the online crowd just to avoid the cases where people would be placed in a match that just isn't fun for them and ended up with one mode being completely unplayable; with those who liked some of the traits of that mode being completely shut out. I fear that this is what's about to happen with OW.

I fully know that I might be in the minority here guys but, going off of the literally days I've spent with the game, I just don't see why hero stacking was a big enough deal to essentially split the only middle ground the game had. Now when the update rolls around there's only going to be a comp training mode and a troll heaven mode. I get Blizz wanting to make their game more appealing to esports but seriously, what about the people who just wanted to enjoy the game the way it has been since launch? Not overly serious and not a complete joke. This is too heavy handed of an approach.

1 hour ago, Strickerx5 said:

Hm, again I've honestly never encountered hero stacking as much as you guys seem to. Though again, I just don't see how taking out hero stacking will encourage non-toxic behavior.

Honestly, much of that behavior comes from comp from what I see. People having more limitations just makes more room for them to complain and argue with others. It doesn't seem like much of a middle ground as it seems more of a training ground for comp.

Yes, the new 6v6 looks like a good mode on paper but the thing is that it's now going to be the only place for the trolls to go. At least with QP you could dilute it as the general mindset was that it's still a game. With a mode specifically labeled "no limits" and another one that's now comp without rank you're isolating the people who liked the mix of both.

I'll call the example of Smash 4 where it had a mode labeled Casual and For Glory. Now, I can't find a single Casual game that isn't just taunting. So what if i want to play a simple game with items online? I can't. Smash is an example of trying to split the online crowd just to avoid the cases where people would be placed in a match that just isn't fun for them and ended up with one mode being completely unplayable; with those who liked some of the traits of that mode being completely shut out. I fear that this is what's about to happen with OW.

I fully know that I might be in the minority here guys but, going off of the literally days I've spent with the game, I just don't see why hero stacking was a big enough deal to essentially split the only middle ground the game had. Now when the update rolls around there's only going to be a comp training mode and a troll heaven mode. I get Blizz wanting to make their game more appealing to esports but seriously, what about the people who just wanted to enjoy the game the way it has been since launch? Not overly serious and not a complete joke. This is too heavy handed of an approach.

You said you didn't encounter many hero stacking matches, right? But then you said you only ever find taunting matches in For Fun... Isn't this kinda the same argument that people are using in favor of the change but for a different game?

I'd say just wait and see how it plays out for a few days. If it does end up being some kind of troll mode, you can play with friends, right?

9 minutes ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

You said you didn't encounter many hero stacking matches, right? But then you said you only ever find taunting matches in For Fun... Isn't this kinda the same argument that people are using in favor of the change but for a different game?

I'd say just wait and see how it plays out for a few days. If it does end up being some kind of troll mode, you can play with friends, right?

Not quite since most of my friends are glued to Smash and other (non-pc) games. That or they don't play games much at all.

My argument here is that it's entirely possible to find good games in QP now (in fact that's the large majority for me but I understand you guys having a tougher time) while still getting the random silly one. With a whole mode dedicated to it, you're splitting the population so that it would be impossible for the two to ever mix like with Smash.

Basically, it's getting rid of vanilla OW and making it so that people who want to play the game the way it was made while having some meme fun simply don't have an option.

On 11/4/2016 at 4:40 PM, Strickerx5 said:

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/sombra/

So she's an attack hero... huh, definitely didn't see that coming. Love her backstory and design. Though, from the gameplay I've seen, she seems op as hell.

I don't know guys, I think she has the potential to negatively influence a game in a couple of major ways. Her EMP pretty much tilts the base mechanics of the game on their head. Honestly, it's quite perfect for the hacking style but from a balanced, gameplay perspective? Dear lord... just no. A large majority of ults are just useless with most of her abilities which, in turn, puts a large amount of the rooster at a sever disadvantage. Add in her being able to deal a large amount of damage at the same time plus being pretty damn mobile to boot and she might just become the next Mei in terms of community hate.

*sigh* I hate to be the negative guy here (especially since we've waited this long just for her announcement), but I just don't see this character fitting in nicely with the current base content. Though, I figure her current stats absolutely won't make it into the actual game so there's that. PTR is a blessing. I'll save full judgement until we can actually use her though.

But on a side note, can we talk about Blizz's obsession at the moment to make Lucio next to pointless? I mean, it was bad enough with the last two patches doing nothing but nerf him but now how do they show off their new character's ult? By displaying it completely counteracting Lucio's. I get that they're trying to make high level comp more varied as he's a must have for teams on most maps, but they're starting to get into the territory of just making him weak as fuck. It certainly isn't helping the healers as he's arguably still the best one so it's just making the entire class seem weaker by default.

She seems OP, but people said the same thing about Ana and her abilities, and she turned out fine.

Lucio also pretty desperately needed and still needs nerfs. Like you said, he's pretty much necessary for most maps and compositions. In a game like this, that's pretty unreasonable. There should be a variety of characters depending on the situation so Sombra being a hard counter to Lucio only helps the game's life. You just won't be able to play Lucio on every match anymore.

18 hours ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'll be honest and say most six stacks aren't actually hard to outplay. I never minded them much because me and my team would just counter play them with the appropriate characters and they'd switch or lose. If you're losing to a 6 stack that's kind of on you, and not them. Learn what heroes counter the one you're fighting against. 

On the flipside, now new characters like Sombra are going to be very hard to get any meaningful practice with because people will lock into them right away instead of just letting everyone play whoever. Interesting team comps like the double Bastion me and my friends like to run aren't going to be usable.  In general, you won't be able to just pick the hero you want which will be discouraging to beginners and people who log into quick play for a laid back session like myself. Overall, it's a bad change. The fact that they'd make such a drastic change just so people who didn't know how to fight a stack would stop complaining is kind of baffling imo. 

You'd have a point for the hero stacking if it was always playing with friends, and therefore we can all change accordingly. However, what shall I do on a QP pubs game, in which most people might not know the counters for each hero? One Winston isn't going to be able to go up against all Genji because while he counteracts their deflect now, all of their attack power combined will rip him apart. 1 Reaper won't do shit against a team of Meis because if you use Wraith to avoid one Mei, another Mei can just be waiting for you. It doesn't matter if you have their counter, if a hero stack team is a semi-confident with that hero, they'll know how to counteract their own counter. Reaper's wraith might work against one or two Meis, but not against six of them, and unless you've got a team who actually knows what they're doing, and knows to counter, which is very very unlikely in Quick Play, then you're not winning. 

Maybe the one hero limit was a bit too far (I personality would have went with a 2 hero limit for QP), but it's a bit silly that we can't even have a middle ground where both game modes are present. It's just gotta be the same old shitty system because some people like it, and if others don't, fuck em and make them play it anyway. Comp mode isn't on all the time either, but apparently we shouldn't have a game mode for those who still like some actual serious play during those off times. Or y'know, maybe they actually want to play an actual game of Overwatch instead of running into a control point in Hanamura and getting frozen and insta-killed by a league of Meis right?

If you like those rulesets, that's fine and dandy, but I shouldn't have to be forced to play them just because some people enjoy that shit, I see absolutely no reason why both modes can't be present and any worries that QP is completely and utterly ruined because of this is nothing but pure speculation at this point.