Awoo.

Why Sonic CD characterises Sonic perfectly.

Regen

Aw man, loved the Sonic CD cutscenes. They always portrayed Sonic in the way that I envisioned his personality as a kid in the 90's. Confident, focused, cocky and all around, badass! He seems more than comfortable with his abilities and enjoys having fun with them. :D 

• Thumbs Up 1

I agree wholeheartedly with your analysis! Good eye for all of his subtle animations and such, too. I thought something was off about C. Sonic in Generations, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. He was a cute-looking character that acted cute, rather than be a cute-looking character that acted like a boss. 

The only other medium where Sonic portrays this is in the OVA.

I love how Sonic essentially teleports to dodge things, he's that fast.

• Thumbs Up 8

I really agree with this. Sonic was characterized beautifully in Sonic CD, and it's probably my favorite portrayal of the character. It helps that his design in the game is so damn cool.

And yeah, I really thought Classic Sonic is sort of "too cute" in generations. I mean, I love cute more than anyone, but like, I felt Sonic looked way better like this latest?cb=20120306234514

I think an HD Sonic the Fighters model would have worked better. Idk, something about the way Classic Sonic looks in Generations just seems... off I guess.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mmm. In Heroes' defense, that stuff was a lot harder to do with 3D models bc I'm preeetty sure they were trying to do the same exact thing with the intro of that game lol.

Sonic CD definitely has my favorite personality for Sonic, wittiness and courage with just a little bit of kindness thrown in. I was very thrown off by how cutesy they made Classic Sonic in Generations, all of his attitude was gone.

• Thumbs Up 1