Awoo.

People can't get on :0~~

Pelly <3's U

Just to let yall know that some people can't access the site (well I know one person can't, seeing how many people are on here I'm guessing it's more). Saying shizzle like "No input file specified."

I'm sure it will get fixed soon enough and all, but I wanted to make a topic to be cool and inform the masses : D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pelly <3's U

• Dreadknux

• Flyboy Fox

• Chris

Top Posters In This Topic

By 'site' do you mean =TSS=, =SSMB= or both? :o Any other info about the problem the person is having? (e.g. since when? Does using a proxy or different browser help? maybe who the person is, to see if it's IP/ISP related?)

n/m, I'm guessing it has to do with this?

---

We're finally ready to start moving the network over to our new server, and hopefully end the horrible, horrible times we've had over the past eleven months.

Later today we'll be switching over the Summer of Sonic '09 site as a trial run. What this means for you is that the site will be closed to new activity on the current server, and you'll need to wait for your computer's DNS record to refresh so you're going to the new server. If you don't care about posting comments on SoS, then you shouldn't notice any difference other than the site assumedly loading faster ;p

As long as there aren't any problems with SoS, the move of sonicstadium.org (and all the sites under it, including the SSMB) will happen over the next couple of days, and will be all in one go. Again, they will be closed for new content until you can access the new server. We may close the SSMB fully, but that hasn't been decided yet.

P.S. In case you were worried, we shouldn't lose anything in this move. All goes well, we can limit the disruption to a few hours - that's nothing compared to the downtime we've had recently ^_-

~ bmn

Neither TSS of the forums. I think it's a problem more then one member must be having considering how few people I've seen on here today. If anyone knows any other members can't get on I guess that would prove it though. He talked to Dread and....

(1:51:42 PM) Chris: I gather SSMB is being transferred?

(1:51:43 PM) Chris: XD

(1:51:55 PM) Dreadknux: Nope

(1:52:13 PM) Dreadknux: TSS has gone funny again - you can get to SSMB by adding the 'index.php' at the end of the url

(1:52:13 PM) Chris: uhhhh, then it's broken?

(1:52:30 PM) Chris: I get "no input file specified"

It didn't work for him though so D:

Edited by Chris

Oh, so it's NOT the server move? Well damn. ;_; I wonder why we are the select few that are still able to use the forums as usual?

Ya I have no idea ):, I guess if anyone else here's that someone can't get on they can try to pass that solution along to see if it works for now. Hopefully since Dread knows about it it can be fixed soon.

The forums weren't borked, it was the site. Don't ask me how it screwed up, because I don't know. XD It sort of fixed itself? o_O* I'll be glad once everything moves server completely... it's about time we stopped having this stuff happen.

Hmm well Chris still can't get on D:

Server move FTW!

I guess i'm just too cool to be teh block'd.

Also we (and by we I mean all you admins and mods. Not me, I watch with lemonade.) need to move ASAP. This DNS and HIV and TIV shit is getting outta hand. D:

(8:16:52 PM) bmn: is it me, or did dred, when i told him to change the nameservers for sos.com, actually change the nameservers for ss.org?

(8:17:10 PM) Chris: I can't access SSMB if that's what you mean

(8:17:16 PM) Chris: I get an error message on the entire network

(8:17:30 PM) Chris: haven't been able to access it all day

(8:22:25 PM) Dred: I didn't

(8:22:27 PM) Dred: Just SoS

(8:22:49 PM) Dred: No input file specified, rite?

(8:22:49 PM) bmn: then why is ss.org reporting changed nameservers and sos.com isn't?

(8:22:55 PM) Dred: ???

(8:23:28 PM) Dred: fffff

(8:25:19 PM) Dred: Fixed.

(8:25:28 PM) Dred: Can't believe I borked that up >_>

(8:25:45 PM) bmn: so much for minimising the downtime

(8:25:58 PM) bmn: i suppose it wasn't me this time

If you're still having problems with going to the wrong server and can't wait to fix it, OpenDNS is up-to-date (and you can sort it out if it's not). In the Windows command-line, run ipconfig /flushdns to have it refresh DNS on your system.

Other than that, the SoS move appears to have gone successfully. I'd say that the big move should be smooth based on that, but we're bound to find some way to mess up.

I was wondering what was going on since I couldn't access the site either. Thankfully all is working for me now.

Yeah, I was locked out all day.

But right now, I'm the only one on the forums. 0 guests, 1 members, 0 anonymous members. Spooky. :ph34r:

Or at least it looks like that, because other people are still posting.

Edited by Badnikz

The same thing happened with me yesterday, apparently I was the only one on here, it was really weird! =O I even went to check other Sonic forums to see if there was something on which I was missing out on or something. XD

One thing that did annoy me, I made 3 posts yesterday, they appeared in the topic and now they've disappeared! They're not even in my post history. Is there any way of making them show up? I'd hate to type it all out again...

One thing that did annoy me, I made 3 posts yesterday, they appeared in the topic and now they've disappeared! They're not even in my post history. Is there any way of making them show up? I'd hate to type it all out again...

It can't be done. The posts were lost in the database transition.

The same thing happened with me yesterday, apparently I was the only one on here, it was really weird! =O I even went to check other Sonic forums to see if there was something on which I was missing out on or something. XD

We DID warn you.... several times... lesson: heed the Announcements that litter themselves on the top of every forum. They're there for a reason. Sorry to hear you lost some posts, but we can't do anything about getting them back now. Be sure to be fully informed in the future. :)