Awoo.

Sonic CD Windows 95 Topic (Dino Version)

Solister

Hello guys, today I'll talk about the Sonic CD for Windows 95, the game was made I like Sonic!

SonicCD_PC_OEM_BR_InstructionBookletFron

This is the Cover/Manual of the game.

I Have the extreme rarely OEM PC Dino version (Pictured above), This version come with my old Infoway PC.

Differences from SEGA CD

There isn't many significants changes from the original SEGA CD version, the most notables are:

• The Title Screen menus it is adapted for Windows 95
  • The Load and Save Screen it has been simplified (when comparable with SEGA CD)
  • It's impossible do any code (Up, Down, Down, Left, Right doesn't work). Except the "Debugger code" from Sonic.ini file

Soundtrack

In this version you don't have the possibility to choice Japanese or American, The default Soundtrack is the American (remembering I'm Brazilian).

No Windows XP  Patch

The rarely Dino version don't have the Windows XP Patch, so the only way to play in a modern PC is using the Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 and installing Windows 95 or 98.

CD Music?

Yes! Besides you can play the Sonic CD you can listen to the Game Music! Just put in a CD player or using computer.

UMGXfz2.png

Among my Music Albums, I Import Sonic CD Using i Tunes.

Z7QlHEz.png

Here is the CD Track list, If you watch, you see that the last 7 songs refer to the past

Amy or Sally?

Some version of the game manual shows princess Sally, but in my Manual as Amy

Sonic CD is certainly one of the best Sonic games, but you know any other fact in this release?

• Thumbs Up 4

Worth mentioning the US soundtrack isn't exclusive to this particular edition of the PC version.  All the versions of Sonic CD for PC (prior to the 2011 remake of course) had the US soundtrack, even the Japanese and European releases, unlike the Sega CD version.

The version included in Gems Collection is a port of the PC version, which is why it only has the US soundtrack and is missing some visual effects (which were absent from the PC version too).  Interestingly though, the Japanese version of Gems Collection restored the JP/EU soundtrack to this port of the PC version, though the European Gems Collection used the US soundtrack.

• Thumbs Up 1

Worth mentioning the US soundtrack isn't exclusive to this particular edition of the PC version.  All the versions of Sonic CD for PC (prior to the 2011 remake of course) had the US soundtrack, even the Japanese and European releases, unlike the Sega CD version.

The version included in Gems Collection is a port of the PC version, which is why it only has the US soundtrack and is missing some visual effects (which were absent from the PC version too).  Interestingly though, the Japanese version of Gems Collection restored the JP/EU soundtrack to this port of the PC version, though the European Gems Collection used the US soundtrack.

That the version of Gems is the PC I already knew, as to whether the American version is PC I never knew so just mentioning, but thanks for curiosity

I have the PC version disc of Sonic CD as well. This is what my disc looks like:

Sonic_CD.png

Even on my old shitty computer back in the really early 2000s, I couldn't get this thing to work. I don't even remember if the PC had XP or lower.

I have the PC version disc of Sonic CD as well. This is what my disc looks like:

Sonic_CD.png

Even on my old shitty computer back in the really early 2000s, I couldn't get this thing to work. I don't even remember if the PC had XP or lower.

I still have that version and I was able to put the XP patch on my computers.  And that ingame level select code does work, as does the ingame soundtest code.  It enables the use of Esc and B as buttons for Debug Mode

And this same disc was instrumental in my getting of the US Soundtrack onto iTunes.  And interestingly there are two versions of the boss theme.  iTunes labels them as Boss (Good Future) and Boss (Bad Future).  And it's Boss (Bad Future) that is featured on the Sonic Boom album as "Robotnik" and in the DA Garden as Final Fever

Edited by Tailikku

Sonic_CD.png

My CD is this:

SonicCD_PC_OEM_BR_Disc.jpg

And he Works on Windows 95 or Windows 98 (I have not tested on Windows 2000, ME or NT).

I still have that version and I was able to put the XP patch on my computers.  And that ingame level select code does work, as does the ingame soundtest code.  It enables the use of Esc and B as buttons for Debug Mode

And this same disc was instrumental in my getting of the US Soundtrack onto iTunes.  And interestingly there are two versions of the boss theme.  iTunes labels them as Boss (Good Future) and Boss (Bad Future).  And it's Boss (Bad Future) that is featured on the Sonic Boom album as "Robotnik" and in the DA Garden as Final Fever

My CD (above) is the DINO Version, probably your version is the second where does the XP patch. I only can use the code editing the Sonic.ini file