Awoo.

The Curious Case of the Archie Graphic Novel and Reprint Delays and other GN Hyjinks (Sonic/Mega Man GN and Reprint Release Guide inside)

Ryannumber1gamer

11 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

We know part 1 is happening, it was solicited a couple of months ago. 

No no,what I meant is we know Unites is finally releasing. Much like Worlds Collide the Complete Epic, the tweet shows a physical version of the GN. 

The re-solicitation happened after the delays, so it was in the time when they finally got their act together. Same for Sonic Volume 3 which will come later on. 

• 3 weeks later...

The contents page for the first Worlds Unite book is up on the Archie App. Only two Worlds Unite Battles stories are included (the two Deadly Six fights).

How do you imagine the Post-reboot Sonic graphic novels will be layed out after Champions?

I imagine it being something like:

Volume 6: "Into the Unknown", StH#272, SU#75, StH#276 (maybe with Snively and Razors origins stories to fill up the extra space)

Volume 7: #277-#280

Volume 8: This ones tricky to figure out, if it was the usual four issue format, then it'd end with PitS part 1, making the next volume uneven. For it to work it'd better to make it #281-#283 followed by...something else.

This might technically not be news, but I went to my local comic shop today and picked up a volume ("Rock of Ages") of Mega Man since I've been wanting to read the pre-Worlds Collide stuff (I basically started reading from "Blackout") and asked the guy at the shop if they could possibly order older volumes as I didn't see them on the shelves. He checked with Diamond for me, and it turns out they're all out of print/unavailable to order. That... isn't a good sign, and since the Master Editions were likely cancelled, I'm not sure what the best way of collecting Mega Man for physical releases now. I may have to do some hunting later on to track down the other trades, or I'll just go digital and be done with it.

34 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

This might technically not be news, but I went to my local comic shop today and picked up a volume ("Rock of Ages") of Mega Man since I've been wanting to read the pre-Worlds Collide stuff (I basically started reading from "Blackout") and asked the guy at the shop if they could possibly order older volumes as I didn't see them on the shelves. He checked with Diamond for me, and it turns out they're all out of print/unavailable to order. That... isn't a good sign, and since the Master Editions were likely cancelled, I'm not sure what the best way of collecting Mega Man for physical releases now. I may have to do some hunting later on to track down the other trades, or I'll just go digital and be done with it.

Guess I'd better go and update that.

We have a date for Waves of Change!

August 3rd.

...Wait, could it be possible it was delayed until now from the initial full-out delay period for...?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, VEDJ-F said:

We have a date for Waves of Change!

August 3rd.

...Wait, could it be possible it was delayed until now from the initial full-out delay period for...?

Sweet, I'm gonna be seeing some Forbidden Planets during that week so hopefully I'll pick this up.

As for updating the thread, I'll be doing a full clean up of everything. Fixing spoilers, fixing dates, and such.

3 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

Has anybody else here tried asking Archie on Facebook? It seems as though they're easier to contact there.

They don't respond on Twitter or even email on the matter, so I doubt Facebook will be any different.

I'm genuinely surprised.  I've been asking those kinds of questions for a long time over twitter, facebook, and even through E-mail, and I got ignored every time.

I even slipped in a question asking about the fate of Sonic Saga Series on an E-mail regarding an order of mine that never came in ( I've had nothing but trouble ordering directly from their website, but the discounts got me. )  They answered my shipping question but again, ignored the other question.

Of course this was long before I finally resigned to accepting that we'll never see another pre-#252 reprint again.

Also holy moley, Waves of change is coming next month, a few weeks sooner than Amazon listed it!  It feels like I got The Chase ages ago. ( I also never bought a single issue so Waves of Change is going to be all new to me. )

31 minutes ago, pocket said:

Also holy moley, Waves of change is coming next month, a few weeks sooner than Amazon listed it!

Amazon's release dates are for general book stores. Comic stores get them earlier.

• Thumbs Up 1

Amazon has new dates out:

Boom Volume 1: September 2016

Boom Volume 2: January 2017

Scrambled: December 2016

Control: December 2016

39 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

They're continuing with old universe stuff? What about "Babylon Rising"?

I mean, I guess we need to wait and see what solicits come up, but none of those books were resolicited in a while, I don't think.

EDIT: Oh, December 2016. I'd probably take that with a grain of salt. Sometimes stuff where Amazon doesn't actually know the release date gets labeled that way, unless there's a specific date (that's not the 31st). Though, I don't see "Scrambled" on the US Amazon site...

39 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Amazon has new dates out:

Boom Volume 1: September 2016

Boom Volume 2: January 2017

Control: December 2016

You didn't happen to get these from the UK site did you?

Just now, Ernest-Panda said:

You didn't happen to get these from the UK site did you?

Yes. I did.

1 minute ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yes. I did.

*holds forehead*

We've been over this a million times: Amazon UK is inaccurate! 8D

I can confirm the Boom trade dates are the same on the US site (Sep. 27, 2016 and Jan. 03, 2017, respectively), and "Control" is due out Dec. 13 2016. Like I said in my edit, "Scrambled" is not listed on the American site, so I have my doubts about that one.

2 minutes ago, Ernest-Panda said:

*holds forehead*

We've been over this a million times: Amazon UK is inaccurate! 8D

According to Zaysho, that isn't the case.

1 minute ago, Zaysho said:

I can confirm the Boom trade dates are the same on the US site (Sep. 27, 2016 and Jan. 03, 2017, respectively), and "Control" is due out Dec. 13 2016. Like I said in my edit, "Scrambled" is not listed on the American site.

Either way, I just wish they'd release Scrambled, as it's the one pre-Universe arc left I really want to read.

Not 100% inaccurate. Just the Scrambled listing. And basically every other Archive, Saga and Universe listing beyond that.

Granted, the dates are different by a few days for the ones I'd at least believe are due out (Boom, "Control"), but they're within the same ballpark.

Whether Amazon's info is up-to-date and actually reflects Archie's plans is another story.