Awoo.

The Curious Case of the Archie Graphic Novel and Reprint Delays and other GN Hyjinks (Sonic/Mega Man GN and Reprint Release Guide inside)

Ryannumber1gamer

High time for an update I think.

UPDATES:

• Shadow Fall Added to Sonic Universe Sagas
  • Sonic Boom FINALLY CHANGED TO ONGOING
  • New Date for Sonic Boom Volume 2 added
  • Worlds Unite Volume 2 added to released
  • Date added for Volume 3 of Worlds Unite
  • Date added for Shadow Fall
  • Control added to released on StH NEW 252
  • Super Special Magazine Readded to Ongoing
  • Information added to Super Special Magazine regarding Issue 14's original version, and the new forecoming version 
  • Date added for Champions
  • StH Volume 6 added

Also, I want to ask something of you guys. If you can, please look through the guide for any errors and let me know of them, and please let me know on the topic when GNs release so I can update the released dates on Last Book Released.

Sonic Boom volume 2 is already out, and as such that GN collection is complete. Saw it a couple of weeks ago at FP.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, VEDJ-F said:

Sonic Boom volume 2 is already out, and as such that GN collection is complete. Saw it a couple of weeks ago at FP.

Updated and fixed.

You may also want to update Super Digests bit to say "status uncertain" or something. The newest issue was supposed to come out back in November but hasn't been released nor acknowledged since.

• 3 months later...

I would like to point out that Worlds Unite volume 3 was supposed to come out about a week ago, but it isn't available anywhere online. It's a shame, considering that Archie was on a roll (if you could call it that) with Worlds Unite volume 2, Sonic volume 4, and Boom volume 2. I really hope this doesn't mean the upcoming Sonic and Universe Sagas GNs are going to be delayed as well. And the other strange thing is that even the regular monthly comics have been delayed for a while now. If they can't deliver on the GN end, could they at least give us the monthly issues?

Yeah, it's more like "The Curious Case of the Absolute Nothing", so it's more than a GN thing. 

• Thumbs Up 4

• 3 weeks later...

I would if I could but I should if I would.

Make that as you will.

Keep on kidding if you want to, I'll keep on making really old/bad almost-jokes... ^_^

• 1 month later...

Do not take this as fact:

Oddly enough, Amazon UK is showing Mega Man Spirtius Ex Machina as being in stock. This is definitely an update, because before they had it listed as out of stock and only showed the insane prices from other sellers. It says it takes a month or two to dispatch, but it says it's dispatched directly from Amazon and on top of that, it's the regular cost of the book. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 months later...

Does anyone here know the official status of the Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Unite Volume 3 TPB? I know that Archie no longer has the Sonic comic license...

1 hour ago, Solidus_Snake said:

Does anyone here know the official status of the Sonic/Mega Man: Worlds Unite Volume 3 TPB? I know that Archie no longer has the Sonic comic license...

You more or less just answered your own question. With Archie no longer in posession of the Sonic lisence, and with no intention of releasing the remaining Mega Man graphic novels, whether they still have the lisence to that one or not, it's dead.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah. And the odds of IDW reprinting it are...sketchy at best. Yes, IDW has a track record of reprinting comics from past licensors, but given the sheer amount of them in Worlds Unite, combined with the issues that they might have to get past to reprint old Archie issues in general, I don't think Worlds Unite will be reprinted again for a good long while, if ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

On ‎8‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:07 AM, Ernest-Panda said:

You more or less just answered your own question. With Archie no longer in posession of the Sonic lisence, and with no intention of releasing the remaining Mega Man graphic novels, whether they still have the lisence to that one or not, it's dead.

The reason I even asked in the first place is that I haven't seen any OFFICIAL word on its status. I know that common sense would dictate that due to Archie losing(?) the license to the Sonic comics, at best, the future of Worlds Unite Vol. 3 as well as every other unreleased Sonic TPB to date is in jeopardy.

Have Archie given official word on anything related to the cancellation, though?  They seem to want to just brush it under the carpet.