Awoo.

The Curious Case of the Archie Graphic Novel and Reprint Delays and other GN Hyjinks (Sonic/Mega Man GN and Reprint Release Guide inside)

Ryannumber1gamer

Worlds Unite Volume 1, Babylon Rising and Sonic Boom Volume 1 have also been pushed back to the same same date.

So now assuming the complete Worlds Collide book does come out in January, the next one to be released after that will be...Sonic Comics Spectacular, in February.

EDIT: Dawn of X has also been pushed back to the same date.

Edited by TheFatPanda

Aaaaaand I've just noticed something else...

All the upcoming Saga books have been removed from Amazon.

Edited by TheFatPanda

At this point Archie should just give up the licensing to another company. Or SEGA. Or whoever is in charge of this stuff. Before, I'd be against this, but honestly it seems like they can't afford to push the Sonic titles anymore. Each month something gets cancelled or "delayed" which ultimately means cancelled to Archie. 

Now, before someone goes "but the numbering will be reset!!" and "the canon will get lost again!!!" to that I say no. Keep in mind that the Disney titles got shuffled around so many times and changed publishers at least 4 times in America, yet they still kept the numbering. They only "reset" after IDW got them, but even then it was 3 of the 4 titles, with still a "legacy" numbering existing. So the same can happen to the Sonic comics I believe. Ian Flynn isn't writing exclusively for Archie, so who says if they get a new publisher, the talent will change? Really now, I don't care for the history that SEGA has with Archie, but they need to cut ties. It's just getting depressing. 

So going by Pender's words there was always going to be a Dark Legion, a Julie'su and Lara'su. The comic they turned up in however was merely the one he was working on at the time by chance instead of something he had fully planned out For a stand alone comic project like the Lost Ones.

Couple of noties -Waves of Change has been delayed to July. Whoops. -Any upcoming Saga books have been removed from Amazon. Whoops.

Couple of noties -Waves of Change has been delayed to July. Whoops. -Any upcoming Saga books have been removed from Amazon. Whoops.

All of which we've covered already. Whoops =p

Edited by TheFatPanda

So going by Pender's words there was always going to be a Dark Legion, a Julie'su and Lara'su. The comic they turned up in however was merely the one he was working on at the time by chance instead of something he had fully planned out For a stand alone comic project like the Lost Ones.

I honestly have no idea what this has to do with the GN delays, but Penders is full of shit.

I honestly have no idea what this has to do with the GN delays, but Penders is full of shit.

WTF, I made that comment in the Ken Pender's Lara Su chronicles thread, what the hell is it doing here?

I'm absolutely furious, we weren't even close to the release dates and they were pushed back again. And of course Archie is keeping it tight lipped about it.

The lack of Saga series on Amazon really worries me, though it appears as if they recently restocked some of the Saga Series on the archie comics store.

That said, I don't know if it's even worth mentioning, but they took volume 1 of the post reboot down from the Archie Store, nobody's really said anything about that yet.

I knew the delays were bad, but I really didn't notice how huge the gap has been getting with each volume for Megaman and Sonic. It's frustrating considering for Megaman, it's all we're going to get now that it's probably getting cancelled. This is total bullshit, made worse for the fact that Archie won't speak up about these ridiculous delays. There's also the concern of how many different GNs they were trying to manage, it's obviously too much.

Good News: THE BOOK IS REAL

Bad News: I'm nearly sure that's the low quality paper. That isn't good for an over 300 page book.

How can you tell? :/

I don't know, just looking at the pages from the picture, they look darker than glossy paper.

I don't really understand what you mean.

Generally, Glossy paper is more brighter and you can see the colours more clearly, while the paper Archie's been using is much more darker. The pages look more darker from the side.

That, and a bit of a guess, given the previous quality of the last wave of GNs

Yeah, that paper is absorbing the light hitting it instead of reflecting it if it were a gloss layer. You can tell from the very top corner on the regular version, the only place where light is hitting it fully. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Alright... I'm biting the bullet and am gonna try buying individual issues from Comixology from now on. I'm sick to death of Archie's silence about the state of the GNs and I had half a mind to resort to pirating, but I learned the other day that Archie comics are DRM-free, which is really cool and definitely something I'd want to support. Even though I'd rather have the physical GNs over issues, I prefer going digital as far as the latter is concerned, since comic books are a pain for me to collect.

I'll still buy the reboot GNs if they ever come out, but the way I see it they're straight up cancelled so there's no more use in me waiting.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey, as long as you're buying and supporting the comic, I can't fault you on that.

Archie has always been pretty bad with getting Sonic trades out in a timely manner, so I wouldn't say "never" regarding current material, but you will be waiting a while. Especially if they're still prioritizing "best of" collections.

I already picked up 260 and 261 last night. Might buy a couple issues per week (including the occasional Universe issue, and I might just ignore Worlds Unite) so I can catch up soon enough

6 minutes ago, Sean said:

I already picked up 260 and 261 last night. Might buy a couple issues per week (including the occasional Universe issue, and I might just ignore Worlds Unite) so I can catch up soon enough

Trust me, Worlds Unite is a disappointing mess of a comic crossover. The only issue I'd even recommend is Mega Man #50 and that's because it has an awesome second story featuring Mega Man and Mega Man X.

Honestly I didn't really like, or care about Worlds Collide all that much either. Right now I'm primarily interested in collecting all of the post-reboot, story-relevant comics, and thankfully I'm still not that far behind them.

I'm not the biggest fan of WU either from what I've seen of it, but I'm probably going to pick it up anyway just so I can add summaries of it for The Mega Man Network's wiki once it stops being dead. And at this rate, I'm probably going to second getting the Mega Man stuff from Comixology if I ever make an account for it.

4 hours ago, Sean said:

I don't think I'm really spoiling anything, but you are REALLY not losing anything by ignoring "Worlds Unite." If there's any way I could describe it, it's "inconsequential." And, really, at this point, you don't need "Worlds Collide" either. The story still brings up the after effects of how that ended occasionally, but it always tells you what happened that you don't really need to worry about it much. Just to stick to the main story and Universe arcs from the post-reboot era and you're good to go.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone else saw this, but Archie's putting the monthly Megaman comic on hiatus, if not outright cancelling.  I saw issue #55 in Barnes and Noble today, and I read in through and saw the announcement at the end.  Issue #55 was basically a homage of splash pages to the MM games they did not get to cover.  And they were just getting to Mega Man 4 and Skull Man!

Don't know what this is going to mean for the Mega Man GNs, but something is definitely coming apart in Archie...