Awoo.

The Curious Case of the Archie Graphic Novel and Reprint Delays and other GN Hyjinks (Sonic/Mega Man GN and Reprint Release Guide inside)

Ryannumber1gamer

• 2 weeks later...

Huh, this is interesting: remember how I said before that  Amazon.com had removed a bunch of the further-away graphic novel titles to de-clutter the listings? Well, I just checked the UK Amazon and not only are those further-away titles still up, but they also have themselves some brand spanking new release dates. Now, I don't usually trust Amazon UK, but the release dates they've listed actually look reasonable and that they could easily be legit.

Takes these all with a grain of salt:

-Sonic the Hedgehog: Control - December 1, 2016

-Sonic Universe: Scrambled - December 15, 2016

-Worlds Unite 2 - December 15, 2016

-Sonic Boom 2 - January 5, 2017

-Mega Man: Legends of the Blue Bomber - February 9, 2017

-Sonic Universe: Secret Freedom - April 20, 2017

-Sonic the Hedgehog: Champions - May 18, 2017

-Worlds Unite 3 - May 23, 2017

-Mega Man: The Ultimate Betrayal - July 25, 2017 (extremely unlikely since it's just two days before the next one)

-Sonic Archives 26 - July 27, 2017

-Sonic Universe: Chaotix Quest - August 22, 2017

My copy of Worlds Collide arrived yesterday via Amazon. Few problems, there is a small crack in the spine. Sort of a tear running through it. It doesn't affect the book at all and is a minor cosmetic thing. Looks like it occurred during production and not shipping. Also, there are like 8 pages that weren't properly cut so they have some extra paper hanging off the top that I'll need to trim off.

Paper quality is great! It's not glossy, but its not the lighter matte paper from the latest Saga Series GN.

Got Worlds Collide The Complete Epic today, fully competing my Worlds Collide collection (Parts 0-12, the 3 GNs, and Complete Epic). Was pleasantly pleased to see that the book was done in the higher quality paper again, giving me hope that MM Master Edition will use this paper. 

• Thumbs Up 1

From "Squeakyboots" at Bumbleking:

Hey. So my copy of Worlds Collide Complete Epic has a really weird printing error.

After page 80, the book jumps back to page 65 and repeats the ending of part 2/the first half of part 3 until it gets back to page 80 again and resumes the story from there. It doesn't look like any pages are missing, just those pages repeating themselves. Did this occur in anyone else's copy? I have the version with the white cover if that makes any difference.

And as for what the white cover is, it's the version which has volume 1's cover on. The one with volume 3's cover on (aka the version I got) is predominantly dark blue.

So there's not going to be another trade release all year? Am I reading that right?

Jesus....oh well, at least it gives me time to pick up the ones i don't have yet.

21 hours ago, iDEATH said:

So there's not going to be another trade release all year? Am I reading that right?

Jesus....oh well, at least it gives me time to pick up the ones i don't have yet.

You're reading it wrong. There's a bunch of books dropping throughout the summer (as far as current info goes).

...we were also supposed to get the Sonic Super Spectular last week.

So I finally found World Collide Complete Epic in Forbidden Planet today. It was the variant cover version only.

You know what I have a hunch: maybe the standard cover version was recalled because that printing error mentioned before was common in all those editions.

Just now, Detective Panda said:

So I finally found World Collide Complete Epic in Forbidden Planet today. It was the variant cover version only.

You know what I have a hunch: maybe the standard cover version was recalled because that printing error mentioned before was common in all those editions.

It's a strong possibility, because Forbidden Planet's website only has the variant cover in it.

I'm rather impressed with the quality though. Considering it was 13 issues, I thought they would go for the lower quality paper.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well if it was common, I have to say that mine was never hit by it, my book has all the pages it's supposed to have and nothing more. 

39 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Well if it was common, I have to say that mine was never hit by it, my book has all the pages it's supposed to have and nothing more. 

I could've sworn you said you had the variant cover version?

Sonic Comics Spectacular is now available to order on the Archie Shop.

EDIT: also Sonic the Hedgehog: Control has been re-added to the American Amazon site, new release date is November 29th.

Kindle version of Babylon Rising has a release date on Amazon UK of August 2016. Dunno if that's new info or now.

Writing up, I'm actually interested to see how much of Babylon Rising will be reprinted in the future Digests. 

3 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

Kindle version of Babylon Rising has a release date on Amazon UK of August 2016. Dunno if that's new info or now.

Writing up, I'm actually interested to see how much of Babylon Rising will be reprinted in the future Digests. 

If they had any intention of reprinting the rest of it within the coming issues, they would've said it continues "next time", rather than telling you to read the issues on the app.

I am really irritated with Archie and have been for some time now. I have collected the Sonic GNs for many years now, and there has been a steady stream of releases for years right up until last year. I have Sonic Archives Volumes 1-24 and after seeing the back page of 24 displaying 25's front cover, I tried to find a release date and it was apparently July (sometime around there anyway) 2015. So I turned up to my local comic book shop on the day and they didn't have it. I checked it continuously for weeks after, but nothing. Then it was delayed till January 2016. So I waited again... and now the new release is later on 2016? I can't even find another release date. That's not all, as you all know.

- Sonic Select has mysteriously stopped. Although at this point, they were reprinting some old stories already featured in Select and other pointless stuff

- Knuckles Archives 5 and 6 never released. I wanted to collect this series, but it's kinda pointless now.

The only big release I know of recently was Worlds Collide The Complete Epic. I got this recently and the quality of the pages was great. The only problem was on the spine, it was ripped. Anyway, Archie have now changed the paper quality and it is awful. Everything is going wrong for them...

Is this a combination of bad sales and the Ken Penders thing? Does anybody know? I've been waiting over a year for some books now, it's just ridiculous. The worst thing is that Archie is not saying a word about these problems, and are also wasting loads of cash on variant covers that while are cool are pointless. If these series' are cancelled, I'm gonna be really annoyed... Let's just hope these books turn up.

Anyone know anything? Thanks

So as a quick update, according to Archie's site, Mega Man Volume 2: Time Keeps Slipping is back in stock, but with limited supplies, so if you want it, I'd suggest picking it up ASAP.

Other than that, the first two Mega Man GNs, and Spirtius Ex Machina have officially gone rare with no more reprints so far. Which is unbelievably fucking annoying for me since Spirtius Ex Machina is the only missing arc I have from my MM collection.

12 hours ago, BlueBlur2002 said:

- Sonic Select has mysteriously stopped. Although at this point, they were reprinting some old stories already featured in Select and other pointless stuff

It didn't "mysteriously stop", it came to a natural end.

If you wanna talk about series' coming to a mysterious stop, talk about the Sonic Saga's.

Finally, a release date update that doesn't beat around the bush about it never coming out! Seriously, I have bought like ALL of the GN releases that used to come out every month... and now nothing. What in the world is going on?

" We're writing about the order you placed on November 08, 2015 (Order# -). The item(s) you ordered is not yet released. We will notify you of a specific delivery date when one is available.

Sonic Scribes "Sonic the Hedgehog Archives 25"
    Release date: January 01, 2035"

On an interesting note, it looks like Archie is going to begin releasing new issues of Afterlife with Archie and Sabrina after an extended hiatus, so maybe we're finally gonna see a light at the end of the tunnel with all this delay nonsense.

Archives 25 seems to have been removed from Amazon's listing.

Are we to infer that when that happens, they're as good as cancelled?

I would be okay with Saga series being cancelled if Archives eventually just replaced what would have been reprinted, but with both being cancelled, I don't see the point in collecting these reprints anymore.