Awoo.

The Curious Case of the Archie Graphic Novel and Reprint Delays and other GN Hyjinks (Sonic/Mega Man GN and Reprint Release Guide inside)

Ryannumber1gamer

58 minutes ago, Borvoc said:

Ha ha. That's actually pretty awesome. Team Chaotix are in their Sonic Heroes flight formation. You can tell the guys at Archie know their source material when they make little jokes like this.

Was Mega Man: Master Edition ever given a release date?

I hate to break it to the Mega Man fans, but the Master Edition has vanished from Amazon (US). The only Mega Man-related books still up are the Worlds Unite

And I'm pretty sure its scheduled release was a couple of weeks back.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Borvoc said:

Was Mega Man: Master Edition ever given a release date?

Reales date was: 5/4. I don't now if this is April 5th or May 4th, but it's a few days after those dates. I hope that we will get info about that untill the end of this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mega Man: Master Edition was due out May 4 for the direct market according to the original solicit (meaning it was probably due out this week on Amazon). Naturally, quite a few things have changed since then and the book, to my knowledge, has not been resolicited in light of any delays like the on-going Sonic books have gotten (sans trade releases, obviously). Given everything else that's been happening with the Action line reprints, I'm honestly not counting on getting that book this year if we ever get it at all at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

Worlds Unite Volume 1 is officially coming out on June 29th according to Archie.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't believe there's some degree of openness about the cancellation this time. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Double post; I found a whole cancellation archive and, uh...Worlds Unite volume 2 was apparently cancelled in February?

Edit: Sonic Super Special Magazine #14 was cancelled in October 2015. 

Knuckles Archives #5 and Sonic Legacy #4 were both cancelled officially in December 2014. 

And...that's it for Sonic titles officially listed as cancelled. None of the other TPs are mentioned (except Sonic Boom Volume 2 and Sonic Universe Volume 9 were last listed as being for re-solicitation...although Knuckles Archives #5 was as well as late as September 2014, so that's not a guarantee they won't cancel it later either). 

Still looks like Archie is shooting for Worlds Unite Vol.1 to release in July.  Pre-Orders on their site are available and you get two free, randomly selected Mega Man, StH or SU variants if you pre-order through them.

So are we fine with believing them at this point that it's coming out?  Haven't seen them promote a GN this hard since way before the cancellations.  I think it's time to enjoy things again...

• Thumbs Up 1

I wasn't doubting volume 1 coming out, it's volume 2 being listed as cancelled that's the mystery here. 

16 minutes ago, Detective Reptiles said:

I wasn't doubting volume 1 coming out, it's volume 2 being listed as cancelled that's the mystery here. 

Probably they're using the same treatment (or at least similar) to launching Sonic Mega Drive as ongoing. If the sales (preorders) are high enough, they will releas more volumes (issues). Maybe IF numbers will be high enough, THEN Mega Man GN will comeback, in one way or another.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I guess it's a time to vote with our wallets.

Don't forget the Worlds Collide Complete Epic was released after all the delays and cancellations. I'd wager we're back on track as far as releases go.

If it's still listed and available for pre-order, does that mean Archie will be resoliciting the book and giving it a new date? Mega Man: Master Edition and other books either had their listings pulled or marked unavailable as soon as we learned of their cancellation, so maybe that's Archie's plan?

2 hours ago, Ernest-Panda said:

That's been up there for months now.

Yeah, the listing has been up for a while but the date changed. 

2 hours ago, Zaysho said:

If it's still listed and available for pre-order, does that mean Archie will be resoliciting the book and giving it a new date? Mega Man: Master Edition and other books either had their listings pulled or marked unavailable as soon as we learned of their cancellation, so maybe that's Archie's plan?

It sure seems that way. Hopefully they don't cancel it at the last minute like some of the other books.

I doubt Archives are going to be printed ever again. Putting them out would mean Archie would have to pay royalties, and they'll go to whatever lengths they can to make sure that doesn't happen.

• Thumbs Up 3

Probably doesn't help that the Archives were getting close to the "Dark Age" of the comic, too. 

8 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

I just want the next Sonic Archives. Why is it as soon as I got into these comics that everything starts getting delayed?

I know the feeling. I put a lot of money and effort ( aka dealing with two lost shipments from the archie store ) into collecting practically all of their different lines of trades. By the time I got all the Archives, Selects, Saga series, and both the ongoing trades, that the delays started happening. I never imagined that the books I was waiting for this whole time would just get cancelled without even a peep about it from Archie. And I'm baffled still that their post reboot material was also delayed, Wasn't Waves of Change supposed to be here last summer?

Probably earlier than that, although it recently did get a resolicitation and is now slated for August. 

21 hours ago, SonicEkkusu said:

Why is it as soon as I got into these comics that everything starts getting delayed?

On the positive side, cancellations/delays aside, there are still more Sonic graphic novels and collections available for you today than there would have been years ago if you'd gotten into the comics earlier.

• The topic was unpinned