Awoo.

Valkyria: Azure Revolution

Sega DogTagz

Can't beleive no one here has made a topic about this one just yet.

Looks like those high sales over on Steam have forced Sega's hand a bit. Valkyria Chronicles is back, with not one, but two new games on the horizon.

One is a re-master of the utterly spectacular 2008 original release. The second is something along the lines of another entry into the series. The kicker here? Both entries are bringing the series back to the home console market as PS4 titles.

here is the skinny.

http://news.yahoo.com/ps4-valkyria-chronicles-sequel-remake-123500353.html;_ylt=A0LEVjOxgktW1yUALaUnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMjB0aG5zBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

Revealed in the latest issue of Famitsu, as reported on by Gematsu, Valkyria: Azure Revolution is set in a world where the Rus Empire has achieved rapid industrial revolution thanks to the discovery of a mineral called Ragnite.

The Empire has expanded its territory and, in the process, has placed a blockade on Jutland, a small country fighting for "independence and freedom."

The game's protagonist is a commanding officer in the Judland Kingom's Anti-Valkyria Unit. Other characters such as Ophelia, princess of Jutland, and Brynhildr, a Valkyria sided with the Rus Empire, have also been confirmed as appearing.

According to the site, the game's battle mechanics are called "LeGION," and is described as a real-time system with simulation elements, much like the previous game. It is suggested, however, multiple characters will be able to act simultaneously.

The game is being developed by Media Vision, which also developed Valkyria Chronicles 3 for PSP. The title is scheduled to launch in Japan in 2016. A demo will be included with Valkyria Chronicles Remaster, which will be available for PS4 on February 10 in Japan. The remaster will feature improved visuals, include DLC, and Trophy support.

It is unclear if these games will be released outside of Japan, as of yet. The last game in the series, the aforementioned Valkyria Chronicles 3, was not released in Western territories.

Even though we don't have much information on this just yet, this is a huge deal to me. SEGA really knocked the first game out of the park, and while I was disappointed to see the series shift its focus to the handheld market, the second PSP entry was pretty stellar as well. (The third entry in the series is still MIA in western markets, hopefully this new entry pushes VCIII to a release over here). Seeing the franchise alive and back on consoles is a godsend and a pulse to a gaming company that has tightened its belt quite a bit recently considering some of its fringe franchises. Good on ya Sega.

So I'll be sitting here. waiting for some more news. I'm so stoked.

Now the real question is. Did Hoggy ever get around to playing the original. It looks like this new one is grabbing trophy support and DLC... so there you go eight years later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Did Hoggy ever get around to playing the original. It looks like this new one is grabbing trophy support and DLC... so there you go eight years later.

tumblr_nsc9qyiSvz1r470w9o1_250.gif

I've been waiting for this.

Now... Western physical release please!

Edited by Hogfather
Topic title should totally be "The wait is over Mr H..."
  • Thumbs Up 2

If it's just improved visuals and DLC, then I probably won't pick it up unless its a HUGE boost in graphical quality as I already bought the PC version. Now, the sequel I'm down for

Still waiting on VC3. Got the artbook (in english, no less), but not the game...

If it's just improved visuals and DLC, then I probably won't pick it up unless its a HUGE boost in graphical quality as I already bought the PC version. Now, the sequel I'm down for

I still gawk over the original PS3 game, so I skipped the PC port. It looks like the hook to see re-adapters pick up the remake is a demo of the Azure Revolution game, which may be enough for a good chunk of people to buy back in.

VCI had a good chunk of extra episodes to it the first time around. I am curious to see if the DLC is a carbon copy of the stuff we got back then, or it'll have something new.

Still waiting on VC3. Got the artbook (in english, no less), but not the game...

Well, it probably isn't a coincidence that this game had high sales on Steam followed by an HD remake. Sega pays attention to the stuff that will make them some rings. if the HD remake pushes a pretty penny, then its hard to imagine them not localizing VCIII ahead of Azure Revolution - Particularly so if AR has any story continuation or lure connection with VCIII.

soooo more incentive to buy the HD remake then.

Edited by Sega DogTagz

anime-gif-happy-kawaii-misty-Favim.com-3

Absolutely adored Valkyria Chronicles. Most of my friends hadn't even heard of it back in the day until I had them over and let them play it. They thanked me later. I can feel the money loosening from my wallet already...

Edited by Miss Metroid
Most, not moist, lol.

Now I'd be MORE excited if we get a announcement for the west.

Well it's not Yakuza so there shouldn't be any trouble getting it in the west ( ͡°╭͜ʖ╮͡° )

Honestly, i'm pretty confident this will get localized: the VC franchise always had solid support and the Steam release of the first game got a great feedback.

Really, the only reason VC III wasn't localized was because it was made near the end of the PSP life cycle. I'm predicting E3 as the date of localization announcement.