Awoo.

SSMB Super Smash Bros. Tournament: Low-Tier City (December 11-13) [COMPLETED]

>King DeDeDe

giphy.gif

But I think I shall give this a go...although the only character I know here is Mr.Game and Watch so I'm fooked probably.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're going to be doing another one in the beginning of December or around / after Christmas time right?

Cuz I can't participate now, but I'll surely be able to then.

You're going to be doing another one in the beginning of December or around / after Christmas time right?

Cuz I can't participate now, but I'll surely be able to then.

I'm not sure, dude. It'd be cool to do it again, maybe as a Game Night event since doing the same forumwide event two months in a row would exhaust people and it's not allowed.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not sure, dude. It'd be cool to do it again, maybe as a Game Night event since doing the same forumwide event two months in a row would exhaust people and it's not allowed.

Well, I've been wanting to do a new Game Night tourney but idk yet. 

Haha, what? Since when is Dedede low tier? :P Dude's a monster. I remember back when Ness and Lucas were considered low tier; wish they still were so I could use them. Ah well!

Sounds fun, though. I'll sign up.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haha, what? Since when is Dedede low tier? :P Dude's a monster. I remember back when Ness and Lucas were considered low tier; wish they still were so I could use them. Ah well!

Felix might as well give himself the 1st badge right now considering his D3

Is slow as hell on both the ground and the air (even having the slowest airspeed), a mostly fragile projectile thanks to the fact everything can knock it back at him, slow attacks for the most part and generally just being massive combo food. He's also pretty weak for a heavyweight, most of his moves can't KO efficiently until above 80% (forward smash and dash attack kill early, but they're so slow and predictable that you may as well use them for hard reads) and doesn't even have a proper kill throw. His back and forward throws can't even KO Mario at the edge of Final Destination until 180%.

That and with him receiving no buffs whatsoever for the past year this game has been out while other previously bad characters have gotten important buffs, he's become a rare sight and considered one of the worst characters in the game. Almost all of his Brawl mains have dropped him, and there are like only three notable Dedede players and only one of them gets good results at national tournaments.

Edited by Felix

Hm, strange. I believe you, but one of my friends has been a Dedede main since Brawl and he's absolutely killer with him. I've been a Ness main for years and struggle against his Dedede in SSB4, and because of that he always seemed high tier to me regardless of his (lack of) popularity. 

Hm, strange. I believe you, but one of my friends has been a Dedede main since Brawl and he's absolutely killer with him. I've been a Ness main for years and struggle against his Dedede in SSB4, and because of that he always seemed high tier to me regardless of his (lack of) popularity. 

To be fair, anyone can be awesome with any character. I've gotten myself wrecked by Zeldas and Mewtwos before, lol.

I've also been maining D3 since Brawl. Love the big 'ol guy but he does have a lot of problems I wish he didn't have.

be fair felix

if d3 has his kirby right back at ya voice, he'd be op

That, and he'd be truly OP if him doing his crouch caused a one-hit KO to the opponent.

real talk tho we should probs stop, this isn't a Dedede discussion thread lol

Urrrggghhh, of all days you pick the day where I have like 10+ people at my house for a party. I might try to come, but no guarantees. Sounds like a fun concept though, but I wonder what the hell happened to Dr. Mario. Did he bump up a tier or is it because of

Urrrggghhh, of all days you pick the day where I have like 10+ people at my house for a party. I might try to come, but no guarantees. Sounds like a fun concept though, but I wonder what the hell happened to Dr. Mario. Did he bump up a tier or is it because of

If Dr. Mario were in this he'd pretty much wreck everybody on this list. Same reason I didn't include Kirby, Robin, or Lonk when I was originally considering them at first

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Dr. Mario were in this he'd pretty much wreck everybody on this list. Same reason I didn't include Kirby, Robin, or Lonk

I'm either stuck with Shulk or Mr. Game and Watch. Fantastic. I'll try my best to come (cuz it sounds super fun), but I dunno this time :/

Do you allow for late hop-ins maybe?

I'm either stuck with Shulk or Mr. Game and Watch. Fantastic. I'll try my best to come (cuz it sounds super fun), but I dunno this time :/

Do you allow for late hop-ins maybe?

Late hop-ins are alright from the starting period on Friday to Sunday, but I'll make exceptions if people are busy. Just be sure to get in contact with whoever you gotta fight.

Late hop-ins are alright from the starting period on Friday to Sunday, but I'll make exceptions if people are busy. Just be sure to get in contact with whoever you gotta fight.

Awesome. I'll try and hop-in late Saturday, but I mean really late. So give me some time to think about it and then I'll see if I can hop in.

Hm, I... might be able to join you guys this time around. I have to take a plane back to Chicago Saturday morning and do some things after that but I should be good to participate any time before and after then. Hey, I should be out early anyway so this might not even come into play XD.

Two questions before I sign up though. Do you have to choose ONE character to play as and can more than one person play as the same character?

i'll join i guess. i mean, i work on saturday and friday, and there's a Packer game on Sunday, but there should be enough time otherwise for me to smash. luckily both little mac and ganondorf are two of my mains. poor weegee lol

Hm, I... might be able to join you guys this time around. I have to take a plane back to Chicago Saturday morning and do some things after that but I should be good to participate any time before and after then. Hey, I should be out early anyway so this might not even come into play XD.

Two questions before I sign up though. Do you have to choose ONE character to play as and can more than one person play as the same character?

You can play as how many characters you wish to, more than one person can play the same character as well. There's no limits on who to use really, the log just asks for who you'll use most lol

Can I place my name/Nintendo ID/Character stuff on the participant list anyway? I'm not entering myself into the tournament til I know I'm 100% able to come, and that's not til very late

Can I place my name/Nintendo ID/Character stuff on the participant list anyway? I'm not entering myself into the tournament til I know I'm 100% able to come, and that's not til very late

Yeah, sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

'Ey. Remember that idea I brought up about a Smash tourney on here where only low-tier characters were allowed? It's finally happening. This place has been pretty quiet for the most part in recent times and I thought we'd all do something short and sweet to spruce the community up. So I decided hosting another Smash tourney would be great for that sort of thing,

especially after the one @Brad hosted back in January.

A'ight we'll pretend I didn't co-host that :UUUUUUUUUU

Allowed Characters:

Lucina

LucinaHeadSSB4-U.png

Shulk

ShulkHeadSSB4-U.png

Wii Fit Trainer

WiiFitTrainerHeadSSB4-U.png

Awh, ye, y'all are fucked no-

This tournament will start this Friday, November 20 and continue until the end of Sunday, November 22. We'll be starting Smashing on Friday at 8:00 PM EST.

Couldn't do it in December huh :VVVVVVVVVVVV

Guess I'll have to pass on this one.

A'ight we'll pretend I didn't co-host that :UUUUUUUUUU

Awh, ye, y'all are fucked no-

Couldn't do it in December huh :VVVVVVVVVVVV

Guess I'll have to pass on this one.

BRUH I'M SORRY. I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. My memory's really rusty and the topic doesn't exist anymore since it was wiped.

Would December really be better tho'?