Awoo.

SSMB Super Smash Bros. Tournament: Low-Tier City (December 11-13) [COMPLETED]

Will you make more? I wont have a wii u and smash until black friday. But will you record the matches?

I don't have a capture card, so I can't record them right after. Everyone who participates will have to send me replays of their matches after finishing them so I'll be able to use them later on. If I end up getting one this Christmas, I might be able to upload them if I get permission from everyone.

As for more tourneys, it might be a smaller thing during SSMB Game Night next month. Can't do another big event with badges and stuff since it's against the rules to do it so soon after another.

Edited by Felix

Despite my username and avatar I'm not good with Lucina.

HOWEVER Ganondorf is a main, I love Bowser Jr., I've been playing as Bowser a bit and Shulk's a'ight. I'll join, and try to get through the first match. XP

EDIT: also I signed up with my current username, not Radiant Hero Ike like usual.

Edited by Fateful Heroine Lucina
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welp, looks like I'm for now.

With all that said, let's move on to the rules.

Basic Game Rules:

• 2 stocks, six minutes.

Extra Stuff You Gotta Do During This Thing:

• Send me the replays of all your matches so I'll be able to see how things went,

Errm, I don't mean to pry but I thought that the max length of video that could be replayed and shared was 2 minutes.

Errm, I don't mean to pry but I thought that the max length of video that could be replayed and shared was 2 minutes.

Matches of any length can be saved as a replay ingame and sent directly to your friends (ie going into their replays menu the next time they go into any online mode)

replays that go on YouTube that have a length limit of 3 minutes. (but of course someone with a capture card could just bypass that and record the replay with that then upload that to YT, in which case there wouldn't be a limit)

Edited by Spinny
  • Thumbs Up 1

Cool little idea bruh. I won't be able to participate, let down. Sounds like a blast. 

S'alright! Would've really liked to see you make it though, dude.

UPDATE: Decided the start the tourney in mid-December, specifically the 11th to 13th. Realized that starting the tourney this week right after announcing it wasn't really a good idea, and I should've given people way more time to prepare. Still keeping the brackets and logs open, and I'll do my best to keep you guys aware. See you all in the battlefield in a few weeks!

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 2

Oh thank God, the anxiety of it being so close without any practice was killing me. It's been a while since I've played Smash consecutively so this is good.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh thank God, the anxiety of it being so close without any practice was killing me. It's been a while since I've played Smash consecutively so this is good.

Yeah, only a few days definitely wasn't enough for everyone to practice and it'd be cool for something to do as we near the end of the year. This'll be useful for me as well as I gotta brush up on my Dedede and Palutena. 

not great. if my mom is okay by that point, those are the days i'll be down in illinois visiting her. there's a good chance i wouldn't be able to do it then.

Aww yea, that means I can join. Excellent.

I'll add my name to the participant log later because I don't even have the game right now lol

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes! Now i can participate, but expect me to die in 1 minute. 

Be sure to sign up on the Challonge bracket! Also list stuff like your NNID and what characters you're gonna use here.

Aww yea, that means I can join. Excellent.

I'll add my name to the participant log later because I don't even have the game right now lol

you're gonna use the queen of sass and monado boy, eh? :^ )

Edited by Felix
  • Thumbs Up 1

you're gonna use the queen of sass and monado boy, eh? :^ )

Yeppers. =P

How'd you know?

I was also think about Duck Hunt and Mewtwo too though

Yeppers. =P

How'd you know?

I was also think about Duck Hunt and Mewtwo too though

You've told me you play Zelda and Shulk before lol

I guess I'll add them to the form if that's a'ight

• Thumbs Up 1

I work so, I'll request the first day off, but for Saturday and Sunday, I'll likely work part time, such as from 4-8 or 4-9. Will that be a problem? If so, I can request the entire weekend off and give myself an extended time off.

So,  is there a limit to how many of these low-tier characters we can choose to use in the tournament? If so,  I haven't quite made my absolute selections yet. 

Edited by Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon

So,  is there a limit to how many of these low-tier characters we can choose to use in the tournament? If so,  I haven't quite made my absolute selections yet. 

Like I said before, there's no limit.

I work so, I'll request the first day off, but for Saturday and Sunday, I'll likely work part time, such as from 4-8 or 4-9. Will that be a problem? If so, I can request the entire weekend off and give myself an extended time off.

nah, that's not a problem. Just be sure to do your matches whenever you're free.

Like I said before, there's no limit.

Alright then. 'Twas mainly asking since I saw two characters already in my slot, and worried I might be confined to using only them for the tournament, 'lest I elucidate my pick.

Kewl, most of my mains are here! I'm in!

Don't forget to sign up in the bracket, it's in the original post yo

Also who will you use? I'm gonna put you on the participant log too.

Felix, could you add Bowser Jr to my characters? I'll definitely be using MG&W more, but I do use Bowser Jr sometimes.

Felix, could you add Bowser Jr to my characters? I'll definitely be using MG&W more, but I do use Bowser Jr sometimes.

Just added him.

I'm sticking with Dedede and Palutena throughout. Might use some other characters, but we'll see in a couple weeks when this gets started.

yeah uh

I was actually unable to beat felix's charizard as any of the characters I picked

IDK what to do now but try and practice more before the matches. REEEEEEE

I'm still on the fence with whether I wanna play as Shulk or not. He's so fun but I'm not great as him...