Awoo.

Can we talk about the Sonic Social Media outlets for a moment...

Badnik Mechanic

But i dont think he has any buisness going around correcting people for their opinions ( even if those opinions are trashing others ). 

Why not?

• Thumbs Up 2

As for the topic of #gamergate, i have seen a lot of different discussions on what they are about. Not sure what to believe on that actualy

No problem. Just be like me and be neutral on it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Why not?

Do i realy need to explain why i think going around correcting people on the internet while representing your own company is a bad idea?

Do i realy need to explain why i think going around correcting people on the internet while representing your own company is a bad idea?

Yes.

I for one would like to know how advocating that people treat each other with some basic fucking decency, some basic respect has any relevance to Aaron's position.

• Thumbs Up 8

I don’t see a real problem with how the social media accounts are being handled ATM. It’s all harmless mildly amusing stuff.

Yes.

I for one would like to know how advocating that people treat each other with some basic fucking decency, some basic respect has any relevance to Aaron's position.

Ok then, here goes. When correcting others you are holding youtrself to a much higher standard than you normaly would. if you then fuck up ( by, lets say promoting something that is doing the exact same things ) you will most likely recieve a lot of backlash.

Edited by PandoloFox

Before it heads down that road, I'm going to ask that we not making this a Gamergate topic or any other sociopolitical topic.

Especially when the basis is as far as I can see some petty trollbait garbage.

• Thumbs Up 6

Ok then, here goes. When correcting others you are holding youtrself to a much higher standard than you normaly would. i you then fuck up ( by, lets say promoting something that is doing the exact same things ) you will most likely recieve a lot of backlash.

Telling people to not be a jerk to others for liking things they don't is holding yourself to some higher standard?

Telling people to not be a jerk to others for liking things they don't is holding yourself to some higher standard?

How is it not? you are basicaly telling them that a certain behaviour is unacceptable. If thats not holding youtrself at a higher standard then what is?

Where in the sentence "This behavior is unacceptable" translate out to "I'm above you in every regard?"

Like, is this the same logic people use for accusing people who don't drink soda of arrogance?  They're saying that they don't like soda; therefore, they're saying that my choice of beverage is wrong.

• Thumbs Up 4

Where in the sentence "This behavior is unacceptable" translate out to "I'm above you in every regard?"

Like, is this the same logic people use for accusing people who don't drink soda of arrogance?  They're saying that they don't like soda; therefore, they're saying that my choice of beverage is wrong.

Is this going to be the type of conversation where everybody plays the "1000 question game" until i fuck up, or is someone actualy going to argue their own case?

You do know that being above a certain type of language used is not the same as being above people. being of a higher standard doesnt have to translate into " im above you as a person"

I don't drink soda and I do think I'm better than other people.

Edit: Wait, am I just tired or did you edit your post, Tara? @_@ I swear this made more sense before...

How is it not? you are basicaly telling them that a certain behaviour is unacceptable. If thats not holding youtrself at a higher standard then what is?

And where exactly is the problem? I really don't follow. Is it actually a bad thing to hold oneself to a higher standard than insulting people for their opinion?

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't drink soda and I do think I'm better than other people.

And where exactly is the problem? I really don't follow. Is it actually a bad thing to hold oneself to a higher standard than insulting people for their opinion?

Yes, this going to be the 1000 questions game. I have already answered why i think its a problem. Granted you might not have seen it, but when you are diving into a topic its crucial to understand whats been said. If you want to argue that my reason has flaws thats fine, but dont ask a question i have answered already.

Is this going to be the type of conversation where everybody plays the "1000 question game" until i fuck up, or is someone actualy going to argue their own case?

You do know that being above a certain type of language used is not the same as being above people. being of a higher standard doesnt have to translate into " im above you as a person"

If you can't answer properly analogous questions or actually detect the argument within the question, then you've already demonstrated how weak the foundation of your argument is.

And nowhere in this conversation did you utter the word "language" before this.  Your literal quote was, "When correcting others you are holding youtrself to a much higher standard than you normaly would," which colloquially translates out to "as a person."  No one has any reason to believe you meant in terms of language and not a person's morality or self-worth.

• Thumbs Up 7

If you can't answer properly analogous questions or actually detect the argument within the question, then you've already demonstrated how weak the foundation of your argument is.

And nowhere in this conversation did you utter the word "language" before this.  Your literal quote was, "When correcting others you are holding youtrself to a much higher standard than you normaly would," which colloquially translates out to "as a person."  No one has any reason to believe you meant in terms of language and not a person's morality or self-worth.

Yes and where in my original sentence did i say that you are above another person? are arguments and questions based on assumptions now?

And no, it doesnt translate into "as a person" because i used the word "correcting" it stands to reason that it was something that was "done" or "said" that was found unacceptable. Had i said " I hold myself at a higher standard by not associating with these kind of people" then you would be correct.,

Yes and where in my original sentence did i say that you are above another person? are arguments and questions based on assumptions now?
And no, it doesnt translate into "as a person" because i used the word "correcting" it stands to reason that it was something that was "done" or "said" that was found unacceptable. Had i said " I hold myself at a higher standard by not associating with these kind of people" then you would be correct.,

Ok then, here goes. When correcting others you are holding youtrself to a much higher standard than you normaly would. if you then fuck up ( by, lets say promoting something that is doing the exact same things ) you will most likely recieve a lot of backlash.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sigh, anyway im done. When i have to defend my own intentions and character instead of defending the topic, it speaks miles that its time to quit.

First, no, my argument is based on how the English language is commonly used.

Second, those two literally have no correlation to each other.  I could correct someone and still think I'm morally above them.  Or I could just not associate with them and still think that.  I could also correct them while thinking myself on equal terms with them, or not associate with them under the same principle.  Eating an orange under an apple tree is not a vocal protest against apples, but saying that doesn't mean I must also like apples.

And if you really want to see how it translates out to, then quick show of hands.  Who here would have read the above sentence and assumed that their judgment extended to language alone?  If enough people disagree, then I will concede.

• Thumbs Up 1

First, no, my argument is based on how the English language is commonly used.

Second, those two literally have no correlation to each other.  I could correct someone and still think I'm morally above them.  Or I could just not associate with them and still think that.  I could also correct them while thinking myself on equal terms with them, or not associate with them under the same principle.  Eating an orange under an apple tree is not a vocal protest against apples, but saying that doesn't mean I must also like apples.

And if you really want to see how it translates out to, then quick show of hands.  Who here would have read the above sentence and assumed that their judgment extended to language alone?  If enough people disagree, then I will concede.

Are you for real? then first quote me where i said that Aaron is above people. Cause you were the one who made that claim, and you made it based on how i wrote my sentence ( A:K:A Assumption ). You are now going to turn around and say that my sentence is irrelevant to what i meant?

Are you for real? then first quote me where i said that Aaron is above people. Cause you were the one who made that claim, and you made it based on how i wrote my sentence ( A:K:A Assumption ). You are now going to turn around and say that my sentence is irrelevant to what i meant?

I'm the one making assumptions?

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm the one making assumptions?

Sigh, if you are strictly saying that my sentence could be percieved in numerous ways, then why didnt you simply ask me then? If you have to say that i meant that Aaron was above people then i would have had to make that perfectly clear, right? You are now debating that i didnt. Then you comming up with what i meant is an assumption.

So let's say another terrorist attack happens in, say, Japan to make it more relevant. Sega makes a message that they stand in solidarity with the people directly affected and condemn the terrorists or the act of violence. Or any company or PR representative says this. This is out of line because they're appealing to morality and putting themselves above people performing a behavior they don't condone?

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 6

So let's say another terrorist attack happens in, say, Japan to make it more relevant. Sega makes a message that they stand in solidarity with the people directly affected and condemn the terrorists or the act of violence. Or any company or PR representative. This is out of line because they're appealing to morality and putting themselves above people performing a behavior they don't condone?

giphy.gif

That is what i like to call a strawman. Sega isnt going to commit/support a terrorist attack in the near future. but if they did, the backlash they would recieve would be a lot different.

Edited by PandoloFox

So let's say another terrorist attack happens in, say, Japan to make it more relevant. Sega makes a message that they stand in solidarity with the people directly affected and condemn the terrorists or the act of violence. Or any company or PR representative says this. This is out of line because they're appealing to morality and putting themselves above people performing a behavior they don't condone?

giphy.gif

suggesting that people respect each other and get along is putting yourself above others amirite??

Sigh, seems like i have to clarify myself. I didnt advocate that simply being a nice person and advocating people to respect each other is a bad thing. i said that correcting people on the internet for their opinions is a bad idea because if they themselves screw up. they would recieve a lot more backlash. 

Edited by PandoloFox