Awoo.

Chaos Energy in Boomverse then. Honestly shocked.

GUILD

So Shadow uses chaos control still.....

which means chaos power

which means chaos emeralds...I guess

I was convinced this was just gonna be a run and spin thing. No Chaos anything.

Was I wrong...? Or maybe this whole thing just won't be explored and it's just be there all ambiguous lmao.

It was literally just like this.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-IjELeGjJRY8/VOtWHTrptvI/AAAAAAAAdn8/JrTiKIsa-MM/w426-h320/shadow-shadow-the-hedgehog-5834130-320-240.gif

99% sure it's CC..

BTW: I found it charming how Eggman just sorta eased into real life with the popularity ranking lol.

Chaos Emeralds dont exist in Sonic Boom. So I think Shadow has standered teleporting powers. All he has to do is think and he teleports.

All the while in the future his powers would be use for comedy pourposes. 

Plus, he still shouted "chaos spear" in all Kirk Thornton's hammy glory in RoL anyway. I don't think it actually matters at all until they start talking about it in detail.

• Thumbs Up 1

Plus, he still shouted "chaos spear" in all Kirk Thornton's hammy glory in RoL anyway. I don't think it actually matters at all until they start talking about it in detail.

hahahahaha

• Thumbs Up 1

There are many ways I would describe Kirk Thornton's performance as Shadow, glorious is an appropriate synonym for precisely zero of them. A few of the more creative ones do get rather gory however.

As for the main topic we're talking about post Black Knight Sonic here, the writers don't give a damn about explaining anything so there's really no point in trying to make sense of it anymore.

• Thumbs Up 8

As for the main topic we're talking about post Black Knight Sonic here, the writers don't give a damn about explaining anything so there's really no point in trying to make sense of it anymore.

While that may be true, this way of thinking kinda railroads any potential discussion value.

Didn't he also use Chaos Blast? I'm sure I heard him shout it at some point, which I then chose to run like hell. On a slightly related note, I wish they'd decide if he needs a Chaos Emerald to use Chaos Control or not! Seems like it keeps changing.

tumblr_nag2u4Em171tu70tko2_500.gif

I also thought it would've made more sense if Shadow attacked Sonic because he released Lycra, but alas...no such motive was ever hinted at.

We'll probably need a little more evidence before writing anything in stone. However, even though Shadow's teleportation may not be Chaos Control, that doesn't nor should it completely dismiss the idea of Chaos Energy existing in the Boom Universe.

After re-watching the boss battle against him in Rise of Lyric, he's still able to use Chaos Sphere, and Chaos Blast, so who's to say it really wasn't Chaos Control? Same goes for who can say that it is? We really don't know yet. But seeing as Boom doesn't really seem to care for answering questions (like... what's up with Angel Island?), it could be possible we never find out what exactly it was.

However, as far as the Chaos Emeralds go, it's still possible they could exist in Boom. So I don't see why Chaos Energy couldn't. After all, Shadow's Chaos powers are apart of his key traits.

I also thought it would've made more sense if Shadow attacked Sonic because he released Lycra, but alas...no such motive was ever hinted at.

Released who?

I'm kidding. c:

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm not shocked by the Shadow using his Chaos powers, it's well, his whole gimmick actually but it does seem like they've decided that he can now do all of his tricks without a chaos emerald on him.

Honestly, I'm more shocked that they actually succeeded in making him even more boring than ever in this show. Seriously, I know Shadow's the comedic straight guy in the cast but this version of him, it's like he has zero emotions except angry and more angry which just doesn't work.

It's like watching a Bug Bunny's cartoon with the Punisher inserted into it, that's how jarring the contrast between Shadow and everyone else is to me.

I'm not shocked by the Shadow using his Chaos powers, it's well, his whole gimmick actually but it does seem like they've decided that he can now do all of his tricks without a chaos emerald on him.

Honestly, I'm more shocked that they actually succeeded in making him even more boring than ever in this show. Seriously, I know Shadow's the comedic straight guy in the cast but this version of him, it's like he has zero emotions except angry and more angry which just doesn't work.

It's like watching a Bug Bunny's cartoon with the Punisher inserted into it, that's how jarring the contrast between Shadow and everyone else is to me.

That's because Shadow is essentially Dark-Sonic, and Sonic's personality in a darker tone is basically highly independent and serious, with intense focus on pursuing his goals and fighting his opponents, with no time for games. Sonic's personality in the usual lighter tone is an upbeat and cool headed friendly guy who loves playing around and cracking jokes any chance he gets, especially when it's at the expense of his opponent.

• Thumbs Up 1

Boom Shadow being able to teleport doesn't necessarily imply that it's Chaos Control, or that the emeralds exist or that chaos energy is a thing. They can just say that teleporting is a thing Boom Shadow can do.

Overall Boom doesn't seem terribly concerned with explaining anything, so I doubt they meant it as any kind of hint, and I doubt they'll ever bother to explain why a hedgehog can teleport. It's just a thing that Shadow is known for doing, so they brought it along into Boom.

Shadow says chaos infront of a bunch of attacks in ROL

So there is that. Odds are shadow can just do it with out chaos emeralds existing. Which in all honesty along with time stop , should have been how it was in the first place. 

That punisher idea sounds halairious . 

As for him being boring, its kind of what happens when you take a characters entire motivation for being who they are away. 

Edited by Shadowlax

Shadow says chaos infront of a bunch of attacks in ROL

That doesn't really mean anything, though. There are any number of reasons someone would name an attack something, it doesn't necessarily imply that they are calling out some magical power source that fuels the attack.

In reality, the writers had him call his attacks Chaos *whatever* because that's what his attacks are already known as. We'd need more information to determine any more than that.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd watch it.

I think the main reason behind Shadow in ROL was most likely to appeal to fans (given that his role in that game was basically not much more than a cameo appearance/boss fight). So him shouting "Chaos" in front of every attack was probably not given any thought beyond those being his signature in previous games - I don't think it was meant to actually make any sense or fit into the Boom universe canon.

• Thumbs Up 1

That doesn't really mean anything, though. There are any number of reasons someone would name an attack something, it doesn't necessarily imply that they are calling out some magical power source that fuels the attack.

In reality, the writers had him call his attacks Chaos *whatever* because that's what his attacks are already known as. We'd need more information to determine any more than that.

Oh, i know that. And hope hope he can just do it and there are no chaos emeralds.