Awoo.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Awakening Found on Ex-Silver VA Resume

Detective Shadzter

Um...does anyone know how far in a games development process the voice acting would come in? I would've assumed it was one of the much later jobs.

My thought process is that it probably depends on the company and the needs of the game in question.  I assume that as soon as the script is done, they'd probably put some serious consideration into it, but it can't begin too late in the development cycle.  The thing about collaborative development is that every side has to be doing something while the other side works on other things.  Otherwise, you're expending capital and resources for longer than necessary.

If this ever existed at all, it's possible that the voices were just used for a proof of concept and nothing more, which would mean it was done very early on in development.

• Thumbs Up 2

Not necessarily.  Sonic X-Treme frankly only begins to look good with some of the more recent builds, and we of course have that Sonic skateboarding game that is believed to be a precursor to Riders but honestly looks a little tripe.  Basically I can't think of a single canceled Sonic game that would have been a positive contribution to the Sonic series.

That's honestly my thought.  Being canceled has the unfortunate association with quality, like, "Woah, if they had the sense to cancel this game, it must have been bad," when in reality, the majority of cancellations are due to creative differences or just not having any sense of direction in general.  This includes games that are good and bad.

Well there's also the Canceled SATAM game, also that skateboarding game looked cool as hell, I would have preferred that instead of riders lol

Well there's also the Canceled SATAM game, also that skateboarding game looked cool as hell, I would have preferred that instead of riders lol

I can't say that canceled SatAM looked like it played very well.  That skateboarding game also looked like it just controlled awfully.  Granted, both were just in the prototype stages, but I have no reason to assume they would have been good if they had been finished.

Didn't Rouge's old VA have a listing for a Sonic the Hedgehog 2?

Anyone got that to hand? Would be interesting to see if the dates match up.

Didn't Karen Strassman's (the current voice of Rouge) resume at one point list a "Sonic the Hedgehog 2" on her website and that was found to be an error someone who maintains her website made?

I thought it was "Sonic II", and then it somehow got turned into "Sonic Mach II", which translated to the new Sonic Boom game according to the head of Sonic Team.

Then again, that doesn't make sense since as of now, Rouge isn't in the Sonic Boom universe. Could it be that she's voicing someone other than Rouge? Or could there have been a mistake in calling her credited "Sonic II" - "Sonic Mach II". Can't remember for the life of me where I read that, but after doing a bit of research into where exactly her "Sonic II" credit came from, I couldn't find a thing.

Didn't Rouge's old VA have a listing for a Sonic the Hedgehog 2?

Anyone got that to hand? Would be interesting to see if the dates match up.

I don't think it was dated, was it?

Karen-Strassman-Sonic-II.jpg 
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sonic Hibernation is kind of what it feels like we've gotten since back then instead. The franchise just doesn't seem to have that... ZING it once did, but it could be argued this is the writers mostly.

• Thumbs Up 2

A site called Power Up Gaming has found Pete Capella's Twitter and contacted him about this. He says he can talk about it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Olliethepigeon/status/671314549358911488?p=v

They've contacted SEGA, too.

http://powerupgaming.co.uk/2015/12/01/mysterious-sonic-the-hedgehog-game-unearthed/

Edited by Shadzter
  • Thumbs Up 4

This could still mean it doesn't actually exist, but we'll just have to wait until the discussion is posted to see, I suppose. ^^

• Thumbs Up 1

Fans will always ponder what could have been...

And they will always be enraged and thankful they'll never know...

Which of these are you?

Well, it's been several days. No new info on this project? I've done some of my own digging, haven't found anything on it either.

• Thumbs Up 1