Awoo.

Sonic Revolution 2016 - Los Angeles, CA; June 12th, 2016

Tani Coyote

Tickets: http://sonicrevolution2016.eventbrite.com/

Fundraiser Page: http://gogetfunding.com/sonic-revolution-2016-a-sonic-the-hedgehog-fan-convention/

Facebook RSVP Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/103217306715180/

Happy Blue Friday, everyone!

After a hiatus in 2015, the Sonic Revolution team are proud to announce that the event will be returning for Summer 2016!

Where: Century Ballroom, Holiday Inn LAX (9901 S La Cienega Blvd, Los Angeles, CA)

When: June 12, 2016 10 AM-6 PM

We will have confirmations of talent and activities in the coming weeks and months. Given that this is the Sunday prior to E3, however, we’re hopeful we can get some very interesting faces!

Our last event’s guest lineup was quite robust: Evan Stanley of the Archie Sonic comics, Tommy Tallarico of Video Games Live, well-known fan artist Elson “Darkspeeds” Wong, and the band Serenity Seven. This is to say nothing of the surprise (they came as regular attendees) appearance of Aaron Webber and Stephen Frost from SEGA, who were kind enough to give a panel.

We can definitely confirm the standard event fare of cosplay and trivia contests, as well as at least one vendor booth (hosted by yours truly). We will be having raffles and are interested in hosting a variety of tournaments, showcases, and panels as part of our event.

Regarding tickets, we understand that the fact we’re charging this time around may come as a bit of a surprise. Bear in mind this was not an easy decision, as we had desired to keep the event free in the same vein as Summer of Sonic. However, a combination of tighter finances and a desire to ensure a good headcount (we gave away close to two hundred tickets last time, but only about 50-60 showed up) have caused us to re-evaluate this position.

We felt the second was especially important, however, as we do not believe it is right for many fans who want to go to be denied guaranteed entry when tickets are not used yet not returned.

All guest passes will come with swag bags consisting of a poster, postcard, and thank you letter, with the designs TBA. These swag bags are available in part or in full from the fundraiser for those who are unable to attend.

As I conclude, I must give the standard disclaimer that Sonic Revolution is not affiliated with or sponsored by SEGA or any of its subsidiaries. This event is run entirely for the enjoyment of fans, by fans, and is administered to be both not-for-profit as well as family-friendly.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hmmmm, I mean the drive is pretty long since I'm up in Canada, but I'll think about coming. I would definitely love to be there and meet some other Sonic fans!

Edited by Ziggyfin
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

A little over a month since Blue Friday, and I have our first special guest announcement!

Evan_Stanley_photo.JPG.fabbc05c4c8ddd6e4

Evan Stanley of the Archie Sonic the Hedgehog comics and the long-running Sonic fancomic Ghosts of the Future will be attending this year's event! She will be participating in our artist alley, so this is the perfect chance for any fan to meet her or purchase some of her work.

Hoping to have more news in the coming weeks!

• Thumbs Up 2

Tournaments? Can you elaborate on this please? (Do you mean Sonic "game" tournaments?)

Also, and this is most likely not going to happen, but is there a way for me to set up my own panel? I've never been to a con before so i'm quite curious to know how the whole thing works out!

Add one more guest of honor to the list, everyone! Professional DJ and musician DJ EAR will be joining the 2016 event as its official DJ.

You can see examples of EAR's work at his website, DjEAR.com.

5695611f37106_DJEARProfile.thumb.jpg.bfc

14 hours ago, Alienrun said:

Tournaments? Can you elaborate on this please? (Do you mean Sonic "game" tournaments?)

Also, and this is most likely not going to happen, but is there a way for me to set up my own panel? I've never been to a con before so i'm quite curious to know how the whole thing works out!

We don't have the exact tournament/competition details right now, but things like speedruns are most likely. I hope to have fleshed out details in the near future.

As for a panel - that would be possible, depending on what your panel would be about. Due to the small size of the event, the main stage's schedule is very tight.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

I bring great news, Revolutionaries! We have 2 new special guest announcements!

Freiberger.thumb.png.6f517c0b40c0b6d3492

Our first special guest announcement is Bill Freiberger, co-executive producer on the Sonic Boom TV series. Mr. Freiberger also provides the voices of Comedy Chimp and Lady Walrus, while he also was a writer on the Sonic Boom comic books.

Alan_Denton.thumb.jpg.758e1d509dc50819e0

Our second special guest is Alan Denton, one of the writers on the Sonic Boom TV series.

They both have agreed to join us on June 12th, 2016, and I hope to see many of you there!

For those of you eager to come, we have great news; we have introduced a third class of ticket for $4.99 total. The Classic Sonic Pass grants entry into the event, though it does not come with the swag bag of the $9.99 and $19.99 passes. All passes can be purchased via EventBrite at SonicRevolution2016.eventbrite.com!

Greg_Hahn_2.thumb.png.7bbf940894f2e5d759

Greg Hahn, Alan Denton's co-writer on the Sonic Boom TV series, has also agreed to be one of our special guests on the day!

With 110 days to go until the convention, we hope to have plenty of news for you in the coming weeks!

Tyson_Hesse.thumb.jpg.7aede018ae229ba3c9

Tyson Hesse has confirmed with us that he will be joining us at this year's event as part of our Artist Alley!

You might recognize Tyson Hesse as the pencil artist on several of the Archie comics. He also did work for the webcomic Boxer Hockey, which you might remember for its Sonic parody comic.

56cfae1f71143_Scott_Shaw_2014_San_Siego_

Scott Shaw!, the first artist on the Archie Sonic comics, will also be joining us on the floor on June 12th!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can't wait for the convention,I going to make a video about it,also my Sonic Remix song I going to post on Sonic Revolution called Sonic 25th Mix Up!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.itsamike.com/meet-greet

The stars have aligned once more, friends!

Mike Pollock, the voice actor of Dr. Eggman, Fastidious Beaver, and many other characters, will be a special guest on the show floor.

Youtube Sonic fandom sensation BalenaProductions will likewise be joining us the day of.

• Thumbs Up 2

Scott Shaw? Wow, talk about a blast from the past. It'll be interesting to see him interacting with fans. Always loved the way he drew classic Sonic in the comics. Wonder how he'd handle modern Sonic. At least one of y'all better commission a sketch from him, y'hear?

• Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

More Good news! Colleen O'Shaughnessey will be joining us as well! You may know her as the voice of Tails among other roles.

• Thumbs Up 5

• 3 weeks later...

So wish I could go, if I didn't have finals I would have. But if anyone has a phone make sure to take photos so that those of us who can't go can still see some pretty neat stuff.

I'm actually pretty interested in the panel, but won't be able to attend. Is there any chance the Sonic comics panel will have a stream?

9 minutes ago, Zaysho said:

I'm actually pretty interested in the panel, but won't be able to attend. Is there any chance the Sonic comics panel will have a stream?

I checked in with the other staff. We have a new staff member with plenty of equipment, and we should be able to stream the event assuming we have a good internet connection!

• Thumbs Up 1

An perfect place for the execution son of Satan and Pandora! :) Nice gift. Go save for buying security, that we do not interfere.

2 hours ago, Mecha X said:

An perfect place for the execution son of Satan and Pandora! :) Nice gift. Go save for buying security, that we do not interfere.

Yeah, let's avoid making comments like that in the future.

I understand a lot of folks don't like this man for varying reasons, but talking about executing him (or threatening him in general) and the like isn't ground we should be treading. Comments encouraging harm aren't welcome here.

• Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

Yeah, let's avoid making comments like that in the future.

I understand a lot of folks don't like this man for varying reasons, but talking about executing him (or threatening him in general) and the like isn't ground we should be treading. Comments encouraging harm aren't welcome here.

I do not tolerate violence at my convention. If anyone tries to cause bodily harm, I have LAPD on speed dial. This is a place to have fun, not create drama and I don't take threats lightly even if they are joking. Call me strict but I will do my best to make sure everyone feels safe.

• Thumbs Up 7

Can we have one day when we're not harassing people, making death threats, and hurling insults at each other?

One day?

• Thumbs Up 5