Awoo.

Skypeace on 3DS eShop looks like a good template for a cheap version of a Sonic runner

Hero of Legend

This is a game developed by, ready for this?... Sonic Powered, for the 3DS eShop called Skypeace.

It's not technically an endless runner (or at least by definition) as the stages, at least shown here, have an end and you are given ranks based on points and collectables.

You only use the circle pad to move your character in 8 directions to collect coins, looks VERY endless runner-ish.

Best of all? it's ONE DOLLAR! It's actually 300yen in Japan, but they decided to give it you for only a dollar in the west (and the equivalent in other western regions).

Now Sonic doesn't fly, so how would such a gameplay method work if one were to retain that control method?

Rakoo & Friends on the Wii U eShop is one such way:

I can see a combination being very effective for Sonic. Note that Rakoo is more expensive (and is actually a mobile port, but with extra features on Wii U). But Skypeace (an actual 3DS exclusive) has that brilliant mission-based, fast arcade-like gameplay with sheer simplicity, all for a dirt cheap price.

Certainly a lot better than Runners seems to be, that's for sure.

Thoughts?

Edited by Hero of Legend
  • Thumbs Up 2

Gonna be honest the one saving grace Sonic Runners had to me when it was unveiled was that unlike Dash it could at least be considered an actual platformer.  Neither of these games have any platforming.  If they released a a mobile Sonic game in this gameplay style of just moving around dodging stuff my disinterest would probably achieve physical form and have to start paying rent.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gonna be honest the one saving grace Sonic Runners had to me when it was unveiled was that unlike Dash it could at least be considered an actual platformer.  Neither of these games have any platforming.  If they released a a mobile Sonic game in this gameplay style of just moving around dodging stuff my disinterest would probably achieve physical form and have to start paying rent.

Good point. I hadn't considered that!