Awoo.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles -- Platinum Games "Tara has been kicked from the game"

Badnik Mechanic

So the Australian classification board just posted this....

AD6rHhp.png

So after that... someone also found this rated from Brazil a few weeks earlier.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CVGG2orXIAA-pZ4.png

Playstation experience is next week... odds are announcement will come then.

Edit: Game Awards show is this/next week... may get shown at that?

tumblr_nlvh13IK221r8dxfio1_r1_400.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

FUCKING SWEET.

Not sure how I feel about the M rating (it has me worried it'll be based on the TMNT 2014 movie) but I do hope it's based on the IDW comic. We've been long overdue for a good TMNT game, so seeing Platinum tackle it is gonna be awesome

#neverforgetoutofshadows 

• Thumbs Up 1

THIS IS THE HYPEST THING I'VE READ IN A WHILE OMG I'M SO STOKED!

Phew..okay...sorry bout that. But seriously, this makes me so freaking happy. This can't come soon enough <3

...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Yooooooo this sounds promising...or it could be a disappointment like the Legend of Korra game...

We'll have to see.

Oh my god, my dream of platinum developing games for all of my favorite childhood shows is beginning to become reality. SOMEONE TELL ME IM NOT DREAMING!?

YESH. ALL OF MY YESH. Hoping for some IDW influence, as I'd love to have voices for that universe to associate the characters with when I'm reading the book. Also, Slash. Please Slash. Lots of Slash. Definitely looking forward to hearing more about this!

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow, apparently Activision is loving using Platinum Games for their license products.

Does that mean we can hope for a new Deadpool game made by them then?

• Thumbs Up 2

I just hope that Nick will give Activision/Platinum all the time they need to make the game good and not be a noter Legend of Korra.

• Thumbs Up 2

I wonder if the IDW-inspired TMNT models used in the recent Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 update might be an indication of what this game might look like. Because I don't know about you guys...

x5xkr7.jpg

...but I'd LOVE a TMNT game that looks like this!

Edited by CC14 Wrecks The Halls
  • Thumbs Up 1

Likely this will be in the vein of Transformers Devastation, solid game, but on the more budget side, and also be a Nostaglia based one, which would likely be a Wolf/IDW mix much like Devastation was a 80's/IDW mix

Yes! All of my yes! I heard some people mention how awesome it would be if Platinum made a TMNT game in the same veign as Transformers Devastation, and now it's actually happening! Yes!!!!!!!

Finally, a studio with "Platinum" in the name I'd actually be OK with handling the Turtles.

I dunno how this'll go, but count me in as interested. I'd also love for it to be based on the IDW-verse (Old Hob and Alopex plz), but even a Nick-verse game could be cool if it's done well (and not like whatever Out of the Shadows looked like it was trying to be). I think the Turtles would definitely lend themselves well to Platinum's style, so I'll be curious to see how it develops.

Edited by Zaysho

My initial reaction when reading the thread title:

Shaking_Mikey.thumb.gif.8dfe7e41e26200aa

I want this to be true, my only hangup is that the Korra game wasn't Platinum's usual quality. But otherwise this mashup seems so perfect that it would be criminal for this to just be a rumor.

uowQEpF.jpg 

I wonder if the IDW-inspired TMNT models used in the recent Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 update might be an indication of what this game might look like. Because I don't know about you guys...

x5xkr7.jpg

...but I'd LOVE a TMNT game that looks like this!

I like this, but I'd hope for them to make the beak longer. Looks too flat here.

Platinum's turning into Telltale.....

But Platinum Games' are fun to play. Don't randomly freeze when saving and usually work well on all platforms without screen tearing and save breaking bugs.

They're nothing like telltale.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'll definitely be looking into this.  I, too, am hoping that it has some IDW influence, but I'll take just about anything as long as it's not TMNT 2014.

• Thumbs Up 3

All these people worried about another Korra.

And I'm here hyped as hell because it could be another Transformers Devastation (One hell of a budget title with full retail prize).

And I agree with Ryan, if this one were to be multiplayer it'd be amazing.

• Thumbs Up 4

But Platinum Games' are fun to play. Don't randomly freeze when saving and usually work well on all platforms without screen tearing and save breaking bugs.

They're nothing like telltale.

I meant how just like Telltale everyone from all walks of media giving Platinum their IPs.