Awoo.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles -- Platinum Games "Tara has been kicked from the game"

Badnik Mechanic

Yo, if they don't make a He Man or a G.I. Joe game after this, Imma be tight as FUCK.

But yea, this is pretty sweet.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just saw this on Neogaf:

Another thing that adds fuel to the IDW TMNT fire is some other hints that I recall from the Technodrome.

Tom Waltz (writer for the TMNT IDW ongoing) dropped some hints that he was both writing for a (video) game, and the IDW turtles themselves were supposedly involved in a "secret project". For the longest, we were convinced that this had something to do with the tabletop TMNT game that IDW was putting out sometime early next year, but then that was basically de-bunked. 

So this "announcement" coming along, and pieces falling together as they are, just makes things line even better...

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=187434489&postcount=631
iYd3ZxM.gif 

• Thumbs Up 3

Wow, apparently Activision is loving using Platinum Games for their license products.

Does that mean we can hope for a new Deadpool game made by them then?

Yo, if they don't make a He Man or a G.I. Joe game after this, Imma be tight as FUCK.

But yea, this is pretty sweet.

Platinum Games actually kinda sorta talked about this kind of stuff during a charity stream while Kamiya played TFD horribly for the first time

(Starts at 30:06)

...WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Yooooooo this sounds promising...or it could be a disappointment like the Legend of Korra game...

We'll have to see.

I just hope that Nick will give Activision/Platinum all the time they need to make the game good and not be a noter Legend of Korra.

My initial reaction when reading the thread title:

Shaking_Mikey.thumb.gif.8dfe7e41e26200aa

I want this to be true, my only hangup is that the Korra game wasn't Platinum's usual quality. But otherwise this mashup seems so perfect that it would be criminal for this to just be a rumor.

As long as it doesn't have a poor combat system for the first playthrough like Korra had, I don't think we'll ever get another one of those again. You can just restrict a Platinum game to a small room, and no matter what, this gameplay can always be awesome

But this gameplay would always be just plain mediocre

Anyways, this'll be a Platinum game so I'm already expecting it to be good, but the "online interaction" part on the rating piques my interest in this quite a bit. Hopefully this means we'll get a 4-player co-op mode from this game.

Overall would have preferred a sequel to TFD that the game teased, (oh goodness imagine a sequel to that game with versus multiplayer) but this could be really great as well. IDW comics would be a pretty good art style, but I'd also like to see a game with the TMNT 2012 art style, as well, considering how expressive and flowing the animation for the show already is.

Hope we get a trailer for the game soon

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh. Wow

If this means we get to see a TMNT Action Game with all of the best characters, (I cannot wait to play as Alopex, yessssss) then sign me up. IDW Turtles is easily the best continuity the Turtles have had to date. I'm still waiting to see if Nick is actually going to do anything with the new characters that have recently been introduced in anything other than the comics though with the huge Bebop and Rocksteady push for the comic and the upcoming movie, it's getting my hopes up. 

Fuck. Yes

• 4 weeks later...

> Actually DID turn out to be an IDW game.

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Those Tony Hawk models are definitely from this game, then. I MUST SEE THIS IN ACTION. GIVE ME A TRAILER ALREADY.

• Thumbs Up 2

> Actually DID turn out to be an IDW game.

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Those Tony Hawk models are definitely from this game, then. I MUST SEE THIS IN ACTION. GIVE ME A TRAILER ALREADY.

Any images of the models?

Quick question, who's the guy from the tweet? Is he from Platinum? I mean, all he did was post that picture, it could mean anything honestly.

Could be interesting... wish it was coming to wii-u though... although we technically don't know if it isn't at this point

An IDW based Turtle game? Hmm, seems interesting.

Won't be playing it due to the M rating, though.

4 minutes ago, Failinhearts said:

An IDW based Turtle game? Hmm, seems interesting.

Won't be playing it due to the M rating, though.

Australian M rating is basically a T rating for the ESRB.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Marcello said:

Australian M rating is basically a T rating for the ESRB.

Ah, thanks. Maybe I might be able to play it after all.

• Thumbs Up 1

So...the achievements for this game got leaked. From the sound of things like missions to protect ATM machines and the like, it's looking to have open world elements. Also an online mode. Neat. Now let's just take a look and see if we can get a hint at what kind of bosses to expe-

Slash

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Well, that made me excited, to say the absolute least. Don't think anything else will beat this bombshell in my min-

Wingnut

WAIT WHAT?! *head explodes* 

GOTY. GOTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. 

• Thumbs Up 1

At this point with all these leaks they might as well reveal the game.

The Krangbots and Krang UFOs have me skeptical that this is the IDW continuity. I guess they could be created for the game, but the species is Utrom in the IDW series and not Krang or Kraang.

46 minutes ago, Marcello said:

The Krangbots and Krang UFOs have me skeptical that this is the IDW continuity. I guess they could be created for the game, but the species is Utrom in the IDW series and not Krang or Kraang.

Seems to me that they may be using IDW writers, but this is it's own standalone time-line like Transformers Devastation mixing, classic and new elements going for a blend of classic continuities and others that fit in

Things the achievements reveal!

• Online co-op
  • Collectables
  • Open World/Sandbox(?) (the run X number of miles trophies).
  • Upgrade system.

Possible spoilers

Spoiler

• Krang is in it.
  • Giant Krang boss might be in it.
  • Slash is in it
  • Karai is in it.
  • Turtles can become zombies at one point.
  • Wingnut is in it.
  • Stone Warriors/Rock Soldiers are in it.
  • T.C.R.I building is in it.
  • Foot Soliders are in it.
  • Rocksteady & BepBob are in it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On December 30, 2015 at 9:03 PM, Trio CC14 said:

Here's Leo's:

x5xkr7.jpg

This game looks to be using the same technology that Activision's Ultimate Spider-Man game used to make the graphics look like a comic book. 

EDIT: Oops! This isn't from the game. It's actually from Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5. My bad. 

Edited by Operationgamer17

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not too big on the heroes in a half-shell, but I've been following news on this and honestly, this is sounding incredibly intriguing. I mean, really, let's look at the facts here:

• Developed by PlatinumGames, a studio known for their great action titles.
  • Most likely has four-player co-op.
  • Might have open world elements, and I do quite like those kinds of games.

So honestly, Ninja Turtles fan or not, I may have to look into getting this when it's out because it sounds fun.

I just love seeing the IDW designs translated into 3D. And I love that the cel shaded graphics could reproduce heavy blacks and an inky look similar to Santolouco's and Duncan's artwork. I'll probably be bugging my sister to let me get this on her Xbox. Can't wait to see how it plays!

Really curious who they're going to get for a voice cast since it's a bit different from the current cartoon or anything else. Ideally, I'd like to hear Michael Sinterniklaas (4Kids Leo) to return for Leo and Nolan North (Imagi Raph) to return for Raph, at least, but I'd be good with something new.