Awoo.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles -- Platinum Games "Tara has been kicked from the game"

Badnik Mechanic

Not yet. It's been rated in a couple territories, and the achievement list was leaked, and now we have the screenshots, so I can only assume a formal announcement will come soon.

Usually a formal announcement is first before screenshots just find it odd that we basically know of this games existence and have a few details yet they won't announce it.

So then, are we doing a four player playthrough of this when it releases?

I call Donnie

5 hours ago, Zaysho said:

I just love seeing the IDW designs translated into 3D. And I love that the cel shaded graphics could reproduce heavy blacks and an inky look similar to Santolouco's and Duncan's artwork. I'll probably be bugging my sister to let me get this on her Xbox. Can't wait to see how it plays!

Really curious who they're going to get for a voice cast since it's a bit different from the current cartoon or anything else. Ideally, I'd like to hear Michael Sinterniklaas (4Kids Leo) to return for Leo and Nolan North (Imagi Raph) to return for Raph, at least, but I'd be good with something new.

Personally, (even if I can't remember his name), the original Raph/current Donnie is a perfect match for Donnie for me in most continnuties, so I kinda hope they have him do it for the game.

1 hour ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I call Donnie

Maybe, depends what system it's on, and I guess I call Leo then(Raph tends to have too short a reach for me, and generally same for Mikey)

I'm not fond of the art style of the game, but it's not actively offensive.  It's shaping up to look worth a looksee at the very least.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, Trio CC14 said:

We finally have screenshots, courtesy of PureXbox:

o86u6u.jpg

vaucj.jpg

2z4haus.jpg

uoc3o.jpg

doufdu.jpg

Lookin' pretty sick! Can't wait to see it in motion! 

And they say a game has to look realistic to have good graphics. This oughta prove them wrong. 

8 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

And they say a game has to look realistic to have good graphics. This oughta prove them wrong. 

Considering all the other games that would logically prove these people wrong, yet don't...I'll be shocked if this game manages.

I do like the artstyle, though. Definitely inspired by the IDW comics, which is awesome! :)

On January 16, 2016 at 6:41 AM, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I call Donnie

If it's coming to PS3 I'll record it

I call Leo

Anyways I still find it odd that we haven't seen a trailer for this game or a formal announcement of it considering we know that it exist.

I swear, TMNT is a western world icon, but its always at its best when powered by a Japanese developer. 

Very very very excited for this. 

20 hours ago, Dejimon11 said:

If it's coming to PS3 I'll record it

I call Leo

Anyways I still find it odd that we haven't seen a trailer for this game or a formal announcement of it considering we know that it exist.

If we're doing PS3, I already called Leo :P

I do wish that the trophy list has trophies based on specific arcs in the IDW comic. For example...

Payback: Defeat Bebop and Rocksteady as Donnie

Hope Old Hob is a character in this.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I do wish that the trophy list has trophies based on specific arcs in the IDW comic. For example...

Hidden Content

Hope Old Hob is a character in this.

I would love for Hob and Alopex to appear, personally. Even if they're not quite the same as the comic incarnations (I'm guessing the game is more inspired by the IDW series rather than strictly based on it--at least until we hear otherwise), I think it'd be a nice boost for the comic itself for those characters to crossover into other media finally.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW PEOPLE! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

Can't freaking wait to finally see some footage! :D

• Thumbs Up 1

The countdown on the website ends at 10:00 AM EST tomorrow. Set your clocks, people.

Also of note-- the game's already been given a Teen rating by the ESRB. That could suggest the game's release is close or at least in the next few months... though that's how it's been for the other licensed games Platinum has developed recently.

Trailer leaked early due to Xbox

Looks great, and I mean looks like Argamon! is in this!, kinda hope there's local multi and alternate turtle skins though like Mirage/80's/4Kids/Nick because that would just make this game

• Thumbs Up 1

Holy shit.

Spoiler

Is that Armaggon?

Shredder looks like a mix of the IDW Shredder and maybe a touch of the original movie Shredder (Super Shredder, perhaps?). His voice sounds really good actually. A bit how I expected him to sound, actually.

I'm guessing this isn't truly an IDW TMNT game, but it's very heavily inspired. I'm fine with this. I hope we get to see more when everything's official.

...I'm trying to wait until tomorrow to see the trailer, but the part of me that's curious about this game is going "CLICK THE DANG THING ALREADY."

Edit (9:33 PM): Well, I gave up. And you know what? The game looks great. Can't wait to see it again in better video quality.

Just now, Zaysho said:

Holy shit.

Hide contents

Is that Armaggon?

Shredder looks like a mix of the IDW Shredder and maybe a touch of the original movie Shredder (Super Shredder, perhaps?)

I'm guessing this isn't truly an IDW TMNT game, but it's very heavily inspired. I'm fine with this. I hope we get to see more when everything's official.

It's confirmed to be inspired art wise, and written by the writers but it's own thing, much like Transformers Devastation

This game NEEDS Casey Jones as an unlockable character, he'd be PERFECT for this

4 minutes ago, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

It's confirmed to be inspired art wise, and written by the writers but it's own thing, much like Transformers Devastation

This game NEEDS Casey Jones as an unlockable character, he'd be PERFECT for this

Oh, really, Tom Waltz is involved?

I might have heard something about that before, but I guess it slipped my mind. But that's EXTREMELY reassuring. It does make sense it stands on its own instead of being part of that universe, though.

This game looks awesome. I hope the game is meatier in content than Transformers Devastation.

HOLY FREAKING CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

This game has Slash, Wingnut, AND Armaggon?! I...I think they've succeeded in making my dream TMNT game. Like, Slash was kind of a given, Wingnut was a surprise, but I NEVER expected to see freaking Armaggon here as well! This game can't get here soon enough. I am SUPER intrigued to see what kind of crazy story involves Shredder, Krang, Wingnut, AND Armaggon, Also love that it appears to be a completely new voice cast. I finally have unique voices I can hear in my head while reading the IDW series rather than just subbing in ones from the 2k3 and Nick shows!

To sum my thoughts up: NEED. GAME. NAO.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's a higher quality version of the trailer:

Also some info from the site:

Battle alongside your brothers through the sewers, subways, and streets of NYC to take down Shredder and Krang's evil organization, Foot by Foot. Unleash custom combat skills and powerful team combos to save Manhattan from the overwhelming dark forces growing in the shadows.

• Assemble your team in 4-player online co-op mode! 
• Fight fan-favorite enemies like Bebop and Rocksteady! 
• Visually stunning, fast-paced combat true to PlatinumGames’ signature style. 
• Gritty comic-inspired art style turns a new chapter in TMNT history! 
• Original story penned by IDW Comic’s TMNT author, Tom Waltz. 
• Experience the game in a whole new way when you challenge your team in 4 player online co-op mode!
ONLINE FEATURES

Online multiplayer 1 - 4
Online co-op 2 - 4
Content downloads
Leaderboards
Voice chat.

Looks like it'll be a fantastic TMNT game. Love how varied the enemies are looking to be, too. I admit I'm a liiitle bit salty that this seems to be getting more overall effort and a "serious" feel compared to what TFD got (not the biggest fan of g1's goofiness), but on the other hand I'm hyped to play a Platinum game that'll be an even better homage to a cool franchise.

Hope we get some good shots of the actual gameplay soon, though. There were clips, but just like the first TFD trailers, it didn't really reveal much about how the game will play as a whole.

The art style looks awfully like Borderlands, not that its a bad thing since both games look really good. Leo's nose is weirding me out though.

But overall it looks fun for the most part and I think I'll give it a check out once it comes out.