Awoo.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles -- Platinum Games "Tara has been kicked from the game"

Badnik Mechanic

Just want to bring something to your attention-- the website was updated early (no doubt because of the leaks), now sporting a PC logo along with the trailer (which also has the PC logo, obviously).

So don't worry, guys; a PC version of the game is indeed a thing.

13 hours ago, The Deleter said:

Here's a higher quality version of the trailer:

Lmao, that last scene. It's not a Platinum Games' product if there isn't a heated up chainsaw somewhere, ahahahahah-

I have never been particularly interested in the TMNT franchise in general (nor co-op games for that matter), but this looks fun to play. I'll keep my eyes on it.

Wow this game looks awesome. Super, super excited! Only TMNT games I've played are Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist back in the day. Nice that this was confirmed for PC.

This game looks pretty sweet! I haven't played a Platinum Games title before, but I have played demos of them.

I might get the game, but there are some other titles I'm eyeing on more. Not saying this isn't cool, though.

Sounds like it's going to be taken a lot of inspiration from the first 50 issues of the IDW series, especially all the talk about Splinter and the Turtles being forced into all out war against the Foot.

Turtles In Time is one of my all time favorite arcade games and I can't think of anyone better to go up to bat at making a worthy TMNT game than Platinum at the moment.

This does look genuinely worth a play!  I'll definitely be looking more into this!

EDIT- Interestingly, according to the Steam page, this probably won't require too big of a computer to run properly, which is good news for me!

MINIMUM: 
OS: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista 
Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E4400 @ 2.0GHz / AMD Athlon™ II x2 250 @ 3.0GHz 
Memory: 1 GB RAM 
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GT / AMD Radeon™ HD 4770 
DirectX: Version 9.0c 
Network: Broadband Internet connection 
Storage: 7 GB available space 
Sound Card: DirectX® 9.0c or later 
Additional Notes: Controller highly recommended for best experience.'

• Thumbs Up 1

On one hand... Eiro Shirahama, Korra's director, is apparently heading this... Which makes me hugely cautious with how the gameplay will turn out, regardless or dev time or budget. Ech.

But on the less disappointing side:

"We’ve put a lot more into this game than just combat: you can climb walls, glide along wires, and there’s a lot of freedom of movement that ties into the action. With this game, players will be able to feel like they’re the Turtles themselves, running, grinding, and gliding around NYC to prevent crimes."

https://blog.activision.com/community/games-blog/more-games/blog/2016/01/25/introducing-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mutants-in-manhattan

PARKOOOOR

Also "gliding" maybe means the jetpacks that were in the trailer for quick-travel across the map? The hub already sound like it'll be a million times less stagnant than TFD's was.

Also...

On 1/26/2016 at 9:23 PM, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

kinda hope there's local multi and alternate turtle skins though like Mirage/80's/4Kids/Nick because that would just make this game

No local multiplayer has already been confirmed, but at least two of those skin options may be a possibility already:

https://steamdb.info/app/395280/subs/

https://steamdb.info/app/395281/subs/

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like, similar to Out of the Shadows, each of the Turtles will be getting their own highlight trailer. Here's Leo's to start things off:

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Shirking the previous trailer's theme altogether, we now have a Bosses trailer, highlighting Bebop, Rocksteady, Armaggon, Slash, and all the other baddies lurking around in the game.

Said trailer also gives us the game's final launch date: May 24th.

Gotta say, I didn't think they could make IDW Slash any more monstrous, but...they've succeeded.

Also, by my best guess after hearing some of the voices in the trailer, it sounds like maybe James Arnold Taylor is Mikey (Who, ironically enough, played Leo in the 2007 CGi movie) this time around, Fred Tatasciore might be reprising Rocksteady with a different accent, and the brief line from Krang sounds like Steve Blum. Those are just guesses, though.

• Thumbs Up 7

I'm really enjoying hearing more of the voice work for this game. Bebop actually sounds the way I read him in the current comics.

And I love that most of the IDW designs have been adapted in a rather faithful manner, with only a few minor differences like Shredder and Slash (Rocksteady to a degree too, I think). And the Super Shredder (or what little we've seen) sort of reminds me of the Platinum Dunes Shredder, especially the robotic upgrades. Can't believe this is a little more than two months away, but I look forward to checking this out!

Yeah, IGN must've gotten the dates confused as March 24 instead of May 24. This month would be way too soon to release this.

The game keeps looking better and better. I can't wait to play it.

Kind of sucks that the bosses seem like they have super armor up the wazoo (I mean I know its 4 against one but I expected them to figure out some work around with it) but other that this looks like its going to be amazing, seriously can't wait for the end of may.

Definitely looking forward to this. I'm not expecting a masterpiece, but if it's anything like Transformers Devastation, I'm sure it'll be fun.

Gonna post the Youtube version of the vid for everyone who has problems with GI's player:

Also, have an IGN walkthrough and more footage:

REALLY loving how this looks! The freedom you have with the movement is really cool, the randomized objectives are a neat feature to keep things fresh, and all the different special attacks and weapons really make me want to play around with everything the second I start playing! Definitely can't wait to pick this up! (Of course, I'll be waiting until Christmas because I don't have a PS4 yet, but I'll live vicariously through you guys in the meantime. XD)

Hmm, looking at the IGN video, the game doesn't look all that fun in singleplayer for a Platinum game. Combat seems lower-quality almost, definitely more shallow than their usual games, and the AI characters really clutter up the gameplay. Of course, if the AI weren't there, it'd probably be too boring and unwieldy with just one turtle trying to take on Bebop. Might be decent, but eh.

On the other hand, the game looks like it'll be really fun with Multiplayer, with all the special moves having effects for the whole team, team-up moves, the parkour, oh the parkour! That'll be tons of fun to use freely and race your friends across the city to the next missions.The Bebop boss looks like it'll be at it's peak with all the players having to sync up perfectly against him to do any real damage, and messing around in the hub just tackling missions together seems like it'll be a blast.

Definitely seems like the game to play with friends online first and foremost.

Oh, and the pricing for the games has also been revealed. $40 for the PS360 versions, and $50 for the PS4/XB1 versions. Not the lowest they could go, but at least it's better than the full price Transformers Devastation was at.

Wow, the city exploration actually looks really cool (and the parkour aspects took me completely by surprise) and I love the fact that it populates random situations for the turtles to solve too, thats a neat touch. The combat looks really fun and all the turtles seem like they're going to be a blast to play though i'm worried about future boss fights in this game if they are all going to be super armor meat walls for the whole game.

Another dev walkthrough of the demo with some new info. Here are the things that stuck out to me:

* Nolan North is voicing Leo, Shredder, AND Splinter, joining Rob Paulsen in now having voiced half of the Turtles. (He also voiced Raph in the 2007 movie.)

* There's an "Original" tab by default when you select your Turtle, so that pretty much confirms alternate skins. (If that DLC listing didn't already.)

* There's a Movie Gallery option, meaning you'll probably be able to rewatch the cutscenes at any time.

* Every boss each has a little something unique to them. WIngnut, for example, you'll have to utilize buildings in order to get up close to.

* The reason for no local co-op is to not compromise the framerate with splitscreen.

So, if anyone's getting the PS4 version when it releases, does anyone wanna do a multiplayer game when it releases?