Awoo.

Samurai Jack is back!

Klinsy

Pretty excited to see Adult Swim is producing this. It's going to be great to see some action programming on there outside of Toonami. EDIT: Oh, I misunderstood, it's going to be airing on Toonami.

Now if they could bring back Megas XLR...

Edited by Zaysho

I only have one question, who's going to voice Aku?

Get the guy who replaced Mako as Iroh in Avatar. He'd do a great job

It'll more than likely be Greg Baldwin for sure. He took up most of Mako's roles after his passing, and his impression is perfect. It's also worth noting he's voiced Aku already in a game (going by his credits).

Aw man, I was wanting to be the guy to make this thread. I was 2slo.

Anyway, good to see this story finally gets to continue. I was going to marathon it one day, but saw how it was canceled. The only thing I hate about getting into a series is when a series doesn't get a proper ending. I don't care if it's cut too short (okay, I do) but as long as the story gets to actually end, resolve the conflict, I'm okay.

Though, I'm also kinda hoping Jack doesn't get to "undo the future that is Aku." Then the story never happened. :P

Here's hoping that the animation is as good as it once was and Aku does get a great VA.

Edited by WittyUsername®
  • Thumbs Up 1

First I hear that they Hey Arnold jungle movie is finally getting made and now I find out that Jack is Back. This is all so surreal right now.

First of all, no. Mako is dead. Let this one go.

Second of all, I'm getting kind of nervous with all of this continuation fever that Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon have been having for the past year or so. Even assuming the continuations are welcomed with open arms (unlikely already), are their really so little creativity in the industry at the moment that they need to basically crank out continuations of things from a decade ago to cash in on nostalgia? I'm pretty interested in the Hey Arnold revival, I admit, but I also remember that Hey Arnold ended in a fairly acrimonious way; so why should we expect any less fucking around by the suits this time around? I love Teen Titans Go when I never felt anything but ambivalence to the original show beyond the movie, and I'm well aware of all the shit that show gets for doing its own thing while having the gall to be linked to the original.

• Thumbs Up 1

Words can't describe how excited I am about this! It's great to have the creator on board as well. This is a dried that's been begging for a proper conclusion for a long time and hopefully we'll get one this time!

No joke, I was just talking about with somebody less then couple days ago how I wished they had finished the story for this series!

So hyped! Really happy to see Jack is back and will be completed this time around. :'D

giphy.gif

This show needed a true ending. It never got one, and it's fucking awesome that it's coming back.

Super excited to hear this.

Edited by D.H
  • Thumbs Up 2

Welp, and thus cues my inevitable Season 1 marathon. Gotta recap myself in preparation........"Never thought I'd See the Day".....

Edited by Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is gonna be soo good for Toonami. plus when it gets DragonBall Super its gonna be a grand time for ratings.

Damn...

If they're going to bring back shows from 13 years ago, then anything's possible at this point. Might even see Young Justice come back-*shot*

No, but seriously, this is great news. Cancelled shows rarely come back with a vengeance like this, much less by the creator themselves.

• Thumbs Up 1

Now let's hope Megas XLR returns too.

I don't think it can, something about it belonging to the government via a tax write off or something.

I don't think it can, something about it belonging to the government via a tax write off or something.

I think it's that the show was written off by WB (or whoever had the rights) and will no longer air or release anything related to it (I'm guessing the rights went back to the creators?). The same thing happened with Beware the Batman which is why Toonami had to burn off the back half of the series in that marathon they did.

At least that's how I understand it.

Edited by Zaysho
Formatting

So, if I recall Samurai Jack had a comic books series as well. From what I've heard, the ending of the comic book series left it on a cliffhanger. Will this show continue from where the comics left off or the show when it was cancelled. I personally hope it's the latter, because I haven't read the comics.

So, if I recall Samurai Jack had a comic books series as well. From what I've heard, the ending of the comic book series left it on a cliffhanger. Will this show continue from where the comics left off or the show when it was cancelled. I personally hope it's the latter, because I haven't read the comics.

I wanna read the comics now, how many issues did it run for?

• 6 months later...

We now have our first look at the new Samurai Jack!

Also a little more info from this tweet which translates to

"10 episodes conceived as a five-hour film. More dark. More adult. It will close the story."

With a preview image like that, it looks we're definitely in for a more dark series than the original!

• Thumbs Up 2