Awoo.

Could you see a SatAM/Archie game

Miko

I see the potential there, with the rich characters, settings, and storylines. And considering that a few elements were included in Sonic Chronicles with the Swatbots, it's happened in bits and pieces (not counting Sonic Spinball). But I think at this point, we're more accustomed to seeing the two canons as separate entities, instead of more involved crossovers. I wouldn't mind seeing a Archie/SatAM RPG in the future though, sort of like a spinoff title so it won't confuse the newer fans. But I think I'd rather see a new cartoon show sooner than a game, lol...

A little ironic how they can put in characters from a cartoon show in Japan and a manga (that is nothing like the games) to promote them but they can't do that for western characters.

Their team actually made Cream, for a show they themselves had a hand in making. So it's only natural they are going to treat her better verses characters they didn't create or maybe not even want. Obviously they saw potential in Amy and Charmey to fit into their version of Sonic's world within the games. The answer to them not putting western characters in the games could be as simple as, they just don't like them or see no potential in them.

Sonic Team is entitled to like or dislike anything someone else has done with their characters and story. I can't blame them if they do feel that way because Sonic and his world originally came from them.

Edited by Genesis

Their team actually made Cream, for a show they themselves had a hand in making. So it's only natural they are going to treat her better verses characters they didn't create or maybe not even want. Obviously they saw potential in Amy and Charmey to fit into their version of Sonic's world within the games. The answer to them not putting western characters in the games could be as simple as, they just don't like them or see no potential in them.

Sonic Team is entitled to like or dislike anything someone else has done with their characters and story. I can't blame them if they do feel that way because Sonic and his world originally came from them.

I don't think it's a matter of disliking the Archie characters. I just think it's a matter of just never really hearing about 'em. Even with all the Mobius mania going on in the West, Japan's just been doing its own thing with Sonic and the gang; you can tell by how they tried reintroducing Robotnik as Eggman in the Adventure games to implement their canon. Shoot, that's the reason we got the Archie/SatAM continuity in the first place, from some mistranslations and wire-crossing early on. Who even knows if any of Sonic Team knows about Mobius? Of course, there IS the whole "from another planet" thing in Sonic X, so...it's possible.

And to clarify, Amy and Charmy are technically old-school Sonic game characters, so they've been with the team for awhile...unless I misunderstood what you were saying about them.

I don't think it's a matter of disliking the Archie characters. I just think it's a matter of just never really hearing about 'em.

Sonic Team does know of SatAm and Archie. Sonic Channel has SatAm listed as Sonic's many shows along with AoStH. At one point they also gave away a Archie Sonic comic that had the SatBK adaption in it. I also believe Naka himself wrote them (Archie) a letter addressing Sonic fans. I can't see how they could not know of it since Sonic is their property.

And to clarify, Amy and Charmy are technically old-school Sonic game characters, so they've been with the team for awhile...unless I misunderstood what you were saying about them.

You did misunderstand :lol: Miko was basically saying (from my understanding) how come Sonic Team takes characters from a manga like Amy and Charmy but not western characters. I was merely stating Sonic Team obviously saw them as potentially useful. And the reason why they don't use western character is probably because they are simply not interested in using them or don't see potential in them.

Edited by Genesis

Well, the Chili Dog isn't a "character," per se, but it is a Western concept and has shown up in the games as of late.:3