Awoo.

Psychonauts 2 "How Many Years Have We Been Waiting?"

Jovahexeon Jax Joranvexeon

Belive it or not, we're finally getting a Psychonuats sequel!

Announced at the VGA Awards, believe it or not, the long-awaited sequel to Psychonauts was announced. At the moment it appears that they'll be kickstarting it.

And cue the trailer!

PITCH VIDEO

Crowdfunding Link

Alternate Paypal Funding Link

TRAILER

3.3 Mil goal, PC (multiple OS) Plus PS4/Xbox One, and done by none other than Tim Schafer & Double Fine!

Edited by Jovahexeon Ace Joranvexeon

I was honestly hyped.....and then they showed it was a crowdfunded game. Guys, the last 2 Double Fine games that got crowdfunded went overbudget and honestly sucked (Broken Ages) or got added to Early Access and then cancelled shortly after.

He's asking for 3.3 Million Dollars.......seriously guys. Don't trust Tim with your money guys. Please.

• Thumbs Up 4

That reminds me; I never played the original game. I ought to sometime.

What PSI Wind said...well, it's a good thing Mighty No. 9's fiasco already turned me off from Kickstarters...

>Tim Schafer crowdstarting a sequel to Psychonauts

hhhhhhhhhhhhheheheheheheeheheheheh holy shit this'll be a fun year to watch everything explode

here's hoping you don't spend the money on hiring dj phil fish to your parties this time, timmums

• Thumbs Up 1

Despite it's current crowdfunding status, it was certainly one of the utmost high points of VGA 2015.

I'd be up for a Psychonauts 2 if the first didn't felt like it complete.

Needless to say it does have very big shoes to fill.

I enjoyed playing the original game when it came out, so this was a highlight for me.

Yeah, it's a crowdfunded campaign and Double Fine has made some mistakes with those before, but this is Psychonauts 2 we're talking about. I'll at least support this campaign by spreading the word.

Also, here's the actual link to the campaign if you want to give it every penny you have.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd be up for a Psychonauts 2 if the first didn't felt like it complete.

Well to be fair, that's been one of the major reasons folks have been calling for a sequel.

*goes to bank*

*withdraws every dollar he owns*

*throws it at his screen*

TAKE IT AAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty clear that this campaign is a "proof of demand" sort of thing, Schafer has in the past quoted Psychonauts at something like 20 million at the low end, IIRC.  Yes, I know that's the same figure Yu Suzuki was throwing around for Shenmue 3.  

The campaign says they're putting money into themselves and they're also getting money from and outside source, but it's not enough. They'd need 10-13.5 million in total.

We’re calling upon you to help make this game a reality. And for that, we're asking for $3.3m.“$3.3m?!” you ask bewildered, "that sounds like 2D graphic adventure money! Surely that isn’t enough to make something as grandiose as Psychonauts 2!” Well, you are correct, you’ve seen right through us... are you sure you’re not psychic?

Yes, we do need more than that, as we've previously said we need to raise at least the same amount that went into making the original Psychonauts, which had a budget in the $10-13.5m range. In order to do that, we need to gather money from multiple sources.

Double Fine will be putting up a significant portion of the development funds ourselves, and getting another piece of the budget from an external partner. This Fig campaign will make up the third piece of the budget. None of these three parts on their own is enough, but together they add up to a sequel worthy of Psychonauts!

That's why we need your help! Your pledges will enable us to finally raise the budget we need to make the game we've always wanted to make and have been asked to create for years, and show just how much of a demand Psychonauts fans have for a sequel! 

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/psychonauts-2 

Wow, they've already hit a million. Of course, it may fizzle out a bit like Shenmue 3's did.

I loved Pscyhonauts though, the concept lends itself to a huge amount of creative possibilities. Hopefully using Unreal Engine will make for more stable performance, The near 3-year wait will be a killer, but I'm sure I'll love the finished product if it can pick up where the original left off.

Aaaaaaaand there's yet another game coming to the Playstation VR. Not much is known except that it's going to pick up directly after the first game and bridge the gap between it and the new one.

EDIT: Heehee turns out this trailer is also making a jab at that TIME Magazine cover.

get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic1.gamespot.co

Edited by Jack Skellington(rino)

So, 33 days left and currently the crowdfunding has reached $1.6 million and they're 49% of the way to reaching their goal.

Well now they're past halfway there at 56% of funding met! 

• 5 weeks later...

And worth 5 days left now,  the 100% has well been reached and even beached today! giphy.gif

That image really suits Tim Shafer's last years' behaviour.

• Thumbs Up 2

Well let's just hope that the end product turns out good. I just hope that if it comes out on steam, that it will actually run well. The first psychonauts works horribly on steam (in other words not at all).