Awoo.

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom

Badnik Mechanic

EDX6X86.png

Just announced at the playstation experience event. 

There is a trailer but not yet uploaded.

Be happy!

Edit: Trailer!

• Thumbs Up 2

An HD remaster of the first game would be nice.

It got one, it's on the PS3. And it's awesome.

Awesome, I really liked the first game and I definitely wasn't expecting a sequel (or prequel maybe?) to be made. My only wish is that level 5 doesn't make the game too grind heavy this time around if you get new familiars (and also make getting familiars less of a pain).

Awesome, I really liked the first game and I definitely wasn't expecting a sequel (or prequel maybe?) to be made. My only wish is that level 5 doesn't make the game too grind heavy this time around if you get new familiars (and also make getting familiars less of a pain).

Its hard to tell if this is either a prequel or a sequel. Its set in the same world, that's all we know.

I think its probably a prequel at this point, but yeah, we don't know exactly.

EDIT: Thinking it over, if its a prequel, its a very, very DISTANT prequel. Which is possible I suppose.

Edited by JaidynReiman

So Hino talked on the Playstation channel about the game:

We can expect "deeper stories and exciting game systems". Also the key people behind the first one are back:

• Story & General Director: Akihiro Hino (Creator of the first game)
  • Character Design: Yoshiyuki Momose(Studio Ghibli's animation director)
  • Music: Joe Hisaishi, the japanese John Williams, and composer of the first game.
Edited by pppp
  • Thumbs Up 3

That'd the girliest looking boy since....Tales of the Abyss's Ion.

Japan tends to have girly looking boys, one in particular that always stood in my mind is Zoisite from Sailor Moon:

tumblr_m8eymxkOCm1qcq2h3.jpg

Believe it or not, this is supposed to be a man.

Oh yeah, the English Dub made Zoisite a female, so I was shocked when I heard the original Japanese Sailor Moon she was actually a he.

Come to think of it, Howl of Howl's Moving castle actually some pretty boy qualities as well.

Edited by Dantemustdie00

• Music: Joe Hisaishi, the japanese John Williams, and composer of the first game.

0zJqH5b.gif

Dat artstyle and OST. My gode.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's the proper guide.  You're looking into territory of the term: "Bishōnen"  

Enjoy!  :P

Considering his appearance is underage, i'd say he fits more into the shota subgenre.

Also, he's nothing new. Surprisingly enough, the concept of shotas with girlish faces and cat ears is scarily famous in Japan just as its female equivalent is in the rest of the world. First example that comes to mind in vidyas is the race of the Star Ocean fellpools:

500px-Leon_%28Star_Ocean_Second_Evolutio

But thankfully, in this case we are talking about Studio Gibli and Level-5, so we don't have to worry about potential depravation.

Considering his appearance is underage, i'd say he fits more into the shota subgenre.

Also, he's nothing new. Surprisingly enough, the concept of shotas with girlish faces and cat ears is scarily famous in Japan just as its female equivalent is in the rest of the world. First example that comes to mind in vidyas is the race of the Star Ocean fellpools:

500px-Leon_%28Star_Ocean_Second_Evolutio

But thankfully, in this case we are talking about Studio Gibli and Level-5, so we don't have to worry about potential depravation.

That's Leon, correct?  I tend not to get him because I prefer getting Dias... (And I prefer Rena as my main character anyway. :D)

I am curious how this is supposed to work, though. Ding Dong Dell in the original was filled with actual full anthro cats. So why do they just have cat ears in this one? (Granted, Ding Dong Dell was the ONLY major city to do that in the original...)

So Hino talked on the Playstation channel about the game:

We can expect "deeper stories and exciting game systems". Also the key people behind the first one are back:

• Story & General Director: Akihiro Hino (Creator of the first game)

The deeper story part is what I'm interested in. The original story was boring except at two brief moments. And the second moment? They spoiled it long before you reached that point. The game's ending also left me rather unsatisfied...

Edited by JaidynReiman

I wager that this is the same world as the first game, but set years into the future.

I wager that this is the same world as the first game, but set years into the future.

I THINK its in the future, but it could be in the past, as well. However, its definitely the same world, that much is certain.

As for it being in the past, again, it "could" be, but it'd have to be in the VERY distant past... so the future is probably the more likely bet. Also, unless it IS set in the distance past, we also probably won't be seeing any

people's hearts be broken in this game. Honestly I kinda liked that notion in the original, but eventually it just got tediously boring since most of the quests were just... "meh." They weren't anything spectacular.

• 11 months later...

Words can't begin to express how happy I am to finally see something new on this. From the looks of it, it seems like we won't be getting familiars in this game and instead the main characters will be in more of a fighting role which i'm a little mixed on because on one hand there won't be any level grinding new familiars to make them battle worthy which in turn made the characters overlevelled if you chose to which will make things flow better this time around but on the other hand i'm going to miss the gotta catch em' all-like nature of it and how varied they all were, maybe they'll be able to hit a sweet spot that satisfies both worlds.

17 hours ago, MegasonicZX said:

Words can't begin to express how happy I am to finally see something new on this. From the looks of it, it seems like we won't be getting familiars in this game and instead the main characters will be in more of a fighting role which i'm a little mixed on because on one hand there won't be any level grinding new familiars to make them battle worthy which in turn made the characters overlevelled if you chose to which will make things flow better this time around but on the other hand i'm going to miss the gotta catch em' all-like nature of it and how varied they all were, maybe they'll be able to hit a sweet spot that satisfies both worlds.

I'm of the opposite opinion. I HATED familiars. I hated how I had to play as these creatures I needed to level up separately in order to actual battle effectively, I wanted to play as the actual characters. I far prefer playing as the actual characters themselves, so this change is a huge improvement for me and goes a long way in helping me to get more interested in this game.

I'm far preferring the looks of this so far to the original.

• 1 month later...

I know LBX was technically kind of one but I'm really happy that we're getting another full blown ARPG (with a good dose of strategy) again from level 5, I've been wanting something like this since rogue galaxy and this seems like a vast improvement both visually and gameplay-wise compared to the first ni no kuni.

Here's an interview with Hino where he answers some questions people have been asking since the 2015 reveal:

It was also revealed that the game will run on 60fps on both platforms:

" Yes, while the current build is sitting at 30fps, Hino-san made a point of saying that the final game will run at 60 frames per second – even on a standard PS4. He didn’t, however, say what resolution the game runs at, but there’s no doubt that the jump to PS4 has resulted in an incredible-looking title."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/01/27/12-things-you-need-to-know-about-ni-no-kuni-2-revenant-kingdom?page=2

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 months later...

Might as well bump this with the new E3 Trailer and Live Demo:

Still looking awesome.

New E3 interview where Hino confirms multiplayer, though how exactly it works he didn't say, and when asked about any returning characters from the first game he said that it's a secret:

Also apparently Sam Drake from Uncharted 4 is also looking forward to it at 4:24 xD