Awoo.

Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom

Badnik Mechanic

From what I've been reading its now confirmed to be a distant sequel. I'm loving the gameplay we're seeing so far.

On 6/17/2017 at 8:22 AM, pppp said:

New E3 interview where Hino confirms multiplayer, though how exactly it works he didn't say, and when asked about any returning characters from the first game he said that it's a secret:

Also apparently Sam Drake from Uncharted 4 is also looking forward to it at 4:24 xD

Given this game has similar gameplay to Star Ocean and Tales, I'd guess it'd be just like in Tales--player 2/3 play as one of the other active battle characters instead of them being AI controlled.

• 4 weeks later...

Announcement from Hino-san, the game has been delayed to January 19th to ensure the game is as good as it can be, plus turns out there is no multiplayer, just online events, turns out Hino misunderstood the question from the interview and he apologizes for it:

Delays are so common these days I'm usually never surprised when a game is pushed back. 90s not so much

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

The special editions of both US and Europe have been revealed, check the link for details, as there are many variants:

https://gematsu.com/2017/08/ni-no-kuni-ii-revenant-kingdom-special-editions-season-pass-announced

There will be a Season Pass Breath of the Wild style and a bluray with a making of documentary, definitely getting the Prince Edition at least:

ni-no-kuni-2-prince-edition.jpg

Really want to get that collectors edition, wish I had more money for it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So to hold over fans till March 23rd, We're getting behind the scenes stuff:

Everyone involved seems really proud of the game, which is good to see.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I have some interesting things about the sequel and its gameplay and I also love the visuals of this, so it's gotten me intrigued to go out and try it out.