Awoo.

Coin and Paper Money Collection thread

Blusolyn

Hey everyone. :3 This is a thread to share your coin and paper money collections. Or maybe you have leftover foreign change from your travels. If that's the case why not show it here. 

I'll start off with my collection. Most of the coins and paper money that I have are from penpals from years ago, finding it and there's a few coins that I bought too.

w9j6Yhq.jpg

gnja0LT.jpg

This is my entire collection of coins and paper money(coins and paper money from the front and back). Coins from the UK, US, Japan, Australia, Russia, Italy, Canada and unknown coins that I don't know where they are from. Also a Belarus paper money. Here's some close up shots from each area. I'm sorry in advance if the pictures are a bit blurry.

9CqmfEM.jpg

MuCPiKX.jpg

These are a few US coins I have. Found the two pennies in a big stack of pennies at home. Also a Kennedy half dollar.

QEk81lS.jpg

xsDsiAW.jpg

A Belarus paper money. It was definitely used a lot.

94zlOME.jpg

MJJdRoE.jpg

UK coins. I lost a few of them but here they are.

fEtTPmN.jpg

jdQcmvp.jpg

Italian coins. These coins are so smooth to the touch. My favorite is the one that has two colors.

jjKl98s.jpg

tIFjHkM.jpg

Australian coins. These coins have animals on the back of most of them. I love animals so these coins are one of my favorites. :3

Lz2wu0x.jpg

TFtXJ6E.jpg

Russian coins. I bought these I think some months back. They look really interesting.

0MFgx2c.jpg

XE3EGYT.jpg

Japanese coins. The small light silver 1 yen coin at the top middle is very light. Like it's play money but it's real. I always wanted to get a 500 yen coin. Someday.

13SGyNt.jpg

6tY1ACw.jpg

Canadian coins. I was so happy to find a silver Canadian coin at home.

xZTd1cg.jpg

neBCFg7.jpg

These are unknown coins that I don't know where they're from. So if you know where they're from please tell me. 

That's it from my collection. If I incorrectly named certain coins wrong please let me know. It's been awhile since I had a penpal. Please enjoy yourselves! ^_^

The details in these coins are amazing! From small to big. I really enjoyed taking them out to show you guys.

• 5 weeks later...

Small update. :3 I didn't know my sister had this coin until she showed me. I asked her if I can have it and she gave it to me. Awesome! It's a Brazilian coin. This is probably my newest coin when it comes to years(2014). Very nice looking coin.

poqQghk.jpg

OB8TNiy.jpg

Nice. Your Brazilian R$0.10 coin is shinier than mine – I once found one lying on a table in a pub in England.

I like to collect coins and notes as well, but I don't pay above face value for them like serious collectors do – I only have what I come across naturally, on holiday or such.

I also have coins from Australia, Japan, United Arab Emirates, and coins and notes of the Euro and British Pound (if they are interesting or unusual issues).
Will post photos of them later.

Australia phased out 1 and 2 cent coins so I haven't seen them before (same with Canada although I haven't been there).

As for your mystery coins below:

On 12/15/2015 at 3:46 PM, ebongrey23 said:

unknown%20coins.jpg

unknown%20coins%202.jpg

These are unknown coins that I don't know where they're from. So if you know where they're from please tell me.

The four on the left are coins of the Mark from West Germany (as it was then).
Third on the top row is 5 Spanish pesetas.
Coin in the bottom right is the variant of the Italian lira minted by the microstate of San Marino (popular with collectors).
All of the above have since been replaced by the Euro.

As for the others:
The coin in the top right is a Swiss half-franc coin and is still in use today.
I had to use Google/Wikipedia for the remaining coin (third on the bottom row). It is from the Philippines and is also still in use.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Hey, I meant to post these ages ago, then I was away for Weston Super Sonic and never got round to it.

Anyway, here are some of my coins. Sorry the lighting isn't very clear with some of them; I should have taken during daylight.

Top to bottom:
British £1 coins
British 50p coins
Australian and Japanese coins
Other coins

56c0d69ec2d75_1gbp.thumb.jpg.82c23280750

50p.thumb.jpg.a26fed28b6780c56548bc8cc35

56c0d6d421341_jpyaud.thumb.jpg.23432b627

mix.thumb.jpg.9c1b498d8fa1031e46fbbf26dd

These look amazing. The 100 years since WSPU coin caught my eye and you got a 500 yen coin! So much details with these. ^_^

1 hour ago, ebongrey23 said:

These look amazing. The 100 years since WSPU coin caught my eye and you got a 500 yen coin! So much details with these. ^_^

Thanks. I also took pictures of the yen banknotes when I was on holiday in Japan (below). I partly regret not holding onto a 2000¥ bill, as they are rare in Japan (similar to US $2 bill). But I got a few of them when I changed money at my exchange bureau. They feature Okinawa (because it hosted a G8 summit in 2000), and apparently they are more common there.

56c0ec0cf0027_jpynotesfront.thumb.jpg.f456c0ec10f2eee_jpynotesback.thumb.jpg.3c8

Also here's my collection of British 5 pound notes of different designs (and a £1 note, which is not seen much these days).
Second row (left) is a new polymer note (as opposed to paper), like what they use in Australia and Canada.
Third row (right) was a limited issue commemorating the career of Jack Nicklaus when he retired at St Andrews (2005).

56c0ec17a5004_5gbpfront.thumb.jpg.cc18b256c0ec1a531cc_5gbpback.thumb.jpg.44e6e46

Those are so neat to look at. Very nice collection. So much different colors on the paper money. I think the Japanese ones are my favorite. :3

Brazil

I have 2 notes of 1 Real. They are rare in Brazil

nota-de-1-real-flor-de-estampa-873101-ML

I also Have 2 coins of 1 Cruzeiro. The old money from Brazil before Real

brazil-1-cruzeiro-1949.jpgr_5340_s2.jpg

Canada

I have a 5 cents coin of Canada.

1975-elizabeth-ii-five-cents-013.jpg

I also have a Canadian Confederation centennial coin, but I can not find. And there is no image on the Internet.

Germany

For finish, I have an German Nazi brooch. I know, It's only Coins and Paper money, but I think it's interesting to post.

189_001.jpg?v=1

All images from internet

The Real note is so beautiful. Whoa the old money from Brazil before Real. Thanks for sharing these Solister :3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Different animals on each of the Real notes and the other coins. *smiles* So awesome! Thanks for sharing the link too.  ^_^ 

• Thumbs Up 1