Awoo.

sonic the hedgehog for the game gear: the deepest lore? *GAME THEORY ALERT*

azoo

Nice early joke post there, really made me laugh.

Regarding the Silver/Blaze thing, eh, it's one of the more cringe-worthy parts of Sonic 2006's already pretty one-note story for me, and I never really stopped to really think about how kind of uninspired Silver feels in this game as a whole. Like not to harp on him too badly, but besides his rather unoriginal species-name trending at that point in the series, his powers feel completely underwhelming and he's portrayed for the most part as a gullible doofus who can't think for himself, and the only time I felt he was being somewhat of a truly interesting protagonist is when he sets out to truly end Iblis for good in his timeline nea the end of his story.

...If it weren't for the fact it's completely redundant when he could have just gone back with Sonic to prevent Iblis from ever existing in the first place...

I agree with everything written below Marvel VS Capcom 2, and above HEY, but not the first sentence. I disagree with that immensely. In fact it offended me on a level I have never been offended before....and it kind of felt good. Also Kevin Bacon wasn't in Footloose.

I am also of the ilk that dislike Silver, he wasn't used well in his original game, and he still hasn't been used well since, yet he keeps being used which baffles me. I do believe however that he could have been interesting if circumstances had been different, such as being left with his original design aspects, as a Mink rather than yet another Hedgehog, it also would have helped if he had some form of personality and if his introduction to the fan base wasn't through such a terrible god awful game. I mean Ian manages to write a half decent version of Silver in the Archie comics after all.

Blaze at least has a very decent game to fall back on, Sonic Rush, and a very unique design, as well as an interesting backstory and personality, with an almost parallel to Sonic going on to seal the deal.

Also your post made me want to fish out either my Game Gear if I can find the 127 batteries needed to run the thing, or my Master System (no I don't live in Brazil) to give Sonic another play through. MmMmm Bridge Zone.

Isn"t Blaze technically sacrificing herself there? Silver didn't want her to step in, and he was mourning after. It was her own goddamn fault she died.

• Thumbs Up 2

I actually kinda agree with the part that some people unknowingly reduce Blaze as just a love interest to Silver... And the fact because of Sonic-06 lots of people just seem to lump them together now in general with many not being able to think of one without thinking of the other... It might be stupid... but it is a grudge I have with Sonic-06.

• The topic was locked