Awoo.

Known Award Issues

Chris

The award/badge system has returned, as some of our members have already noticed. The awards themselves can be found on the left side of your posts, but we have a few issues that we're trying to iron out:

• The awards are only displaying on the 'retro' skins. Sonical (2015) and the non-responsive version aren't working. Fixed!
  • There is no profile view like before. As this is a complete rewrite of the addon, we're not sure if it'll return.
  • We have a backlog of awards to.. well, award! It's unlikely you'll see them in the next few days, but we'll do our best to get them to you. Notably, the Smash Bros 3DS/WiiU tournament and 30 Days of Sonic events.

We'll be working on these issues as we can, but the system does work and bmn has done an amazing job at rewriting it. Direct your thanks to him. :)

Happy Holidays!

Hey Chris, what about the Smash U/3DS Tourney awards from last year that got lost in the server wipe? Are they gone for good?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Chris, what about the Smash U/3DS Tourney awards from last year that got lost in the server wipe? Are they gone for good?

We still have the data (or most of it, by user IDs) and I just have to dig it out/award. I'll try my best to make sure that everybody involved in the event gets awarded the icons they deserve, but one or two might be missing. I'll make an announcement when I'm done awarding them (hopefully this week) and we'll take that from there.

• Thumbs Up 2

Badges are apparently not a thing on mobile

Good. They were there before but they took up most of the screen. 

Highly unlikely to be featured on the mobile site for the reason that Hogfather mentioned above (visual clutter). The entire point of the mobile view is for a simplistic and low imprint instance of the forum; as the awards aren't necessary for the usability of the forum, you'll have to use a device that isn't considered mobile to see them (or desktop mode on your mobile, but that isn't something we encourage due to compatibility issues on a per device basis).

Maaaaaan how I missed them ;; so happy to see them exposed again in my posts *sparkling eyes*

Thanks a lot! >.<

Edited by Ristar

• The topic was unpinned