Awoo.

If they were to remake a game (besides the classics)

Marioandsonic123

What would it be?  I don't mean ports,I mean complete remakes. Personally,I see sonic boom getting a remake,cause of the launch alone.

Personally,I see sonic boom getting a remake,cause of the launch alone.

Pfft, Sonic Boom getting a remake? Yeah right! It practically doesn't exist anymore (if you're talking about Rise of Lyric).

Edited by Haalyle

Pfft, Sonic Boom getting a remake? Yeah right! It practically doesn't exist anymore (if you're talking about Rise of Lyric).

Im talking about the whole thing.

Im talking about the whole thing.

Fire & Ice is coming out next year, they can't remake that if it hasn't even been released yet!

And no, none of the Sonic Boom games should have a remake. The name alone is bad.

In my eyes, the Adventures would be perfect to get the remake treatment. They really need it.

Sonic Adventure series complete with real Genesis style 3D gameplay and graphics upgrade. Also, polish the alternate gameplays to fit in a Sonic game where everyone plays like Sonic but feels like there own character instead of just a better Sonic. Examples:

-mech shooting was great in Adventure because it has speed and platforming to it, make Eggman the same way

-Tails shouldnt be in a mech

-Treasure hunting should be done like a Sonic stage or like in Sonic Generations where your looking for red rings. Or that the emeralds are strung out in a line and the last one is your goal ring at the end. 

Also:

-Give us a real reason to collect 180 emblems instead of some cheap knock off of Green Hill Zone.

-Make fishing optional. Some of us loved the fishing stages. We just hate being forced to do it to get the true story 

-Give Amy more stages in Sonic Adventure and the same challenges and bosses as the boys.

-Give us the option to play as other characters and others stories as a bonus for finishing the game.

Edited by Mikyeong
  • Thumbs Up 4

Obviously the answer is Sonic 06. I cant see how anybody wouldn't want SEGA to remove that blemish. Also another opportunity to revamp Silver in terms of gameplay.

• Thumbs Up 3

Like most I really want to see S3&K get the Taxman port treatment, and for all four of the 16-bit Taxman remakes to get non-mobile releases.  That's about it though, I'd honestly rather see new adventures that make me feel like when I played Adventure 1/2 & Unleashed for the first time again, as oppose to lingering on them.

Remakes of awful games like 2006 and Boom are just a waste of time.  They tried, they failed, the deed is done.  Better to learn from them and move on rather than try again on titles where the reputation dooms them from the start.  I mean if you were to remake Boom, pretty much 90% of that game was terrible, you'd be redesigning and reworking so much stuff you might as well just make a whole new game than attempt to fix a broken one, since you'll probably find those "fixes" lead you to a whole new game anyway.

• Thumbs Up 7

Obviously the answer is Sonic 06. I cant see how anybody wouldn't want SEGA to remove that blemish. Also another opportunity to revamp Silver in terms of gameplay.

Because Sonic 06 was that bad of a game, Sega wants to forget all about it. Plus Silver wasnt the only one who was terrible in terms of gameplay in 06.

• Thumbs Up 1

Because Sonic 06 was that bad of a game, Sega wants to forget all about it. Plus Silver wasnt the only one who was terrible in terms of gameplay in 06.

He was the only new character the had no previous game design.  If SEGA wanted to forget about 06 Im sure all references would be left out of Generations, spinoff titles like Mario and Sonic  or Sonic Runners. We're about Mephiles soon, who asked for that?   

• Thumbs Up 2

We're about Mephiles soon, who asked for that?   

Apparently a lot of people because Mephiles is popular for who knows what reason. Maybe it's because he actually killed Sonic... god knows.

Apparently a lot of people because Mephiles is popular for who knows what reason. Maybe it's because he actually killed Sonic... god knows.

Him being voiced by Dan Green is the reason. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I wouldn't think Mephiles was really very popular.

Speaking of popularity, does anybody know who won the most recent popularity contest SEGA was doing some time ago?

Also, I'd love to see Sonic Adventure remade with modern graphics. I'd like the game to play ultimately the same though. Also an HD Sonic & Knuckles would be very cool to see.

Edited by monkokaio
  • Thumbs Up 1

Him being voiced by Dan Green is the reason. 

You know what... yeah, that sounds right.

But I don't like Mephiles anyway, I don't ever want to see him return.

How has nobody said Sonic 4 yet.

I'd basically toss the entirety of Sonic 4 save for some level themes possibly and maybe re-imagine the co-op moves, but I always felt like that was the one game that should be remade simply for that garbage taking the "Sonic the Hedeghog 4" name alone. I'm pretty sure if you're going to go as far as trying to appeal to your classic Sonic fanbase by being as bold as pumping out a sequel to the cherished trilogy, it better play on-par or better than those games instead going as far as trying to make a different "physics" engine. I mean we all know everything from the game play to the cat soundtrack is pretty underwhelming.

Problem is however I don't know if fans would ever take a remade Sonic 4 seriously, probably not even a Sonic 5

• Thumbs Up 5

I'd basically toss the entirety of Sonic 4 save for some level themes possibly and maybe re-imagine the co-op moves, but I always felt like that was the one game that should be remade simply for that garbage taking the "Sonic the Hedeghog 4" name alone. I'm pretty sure if you're going to go as far as trying to appeal to your classic Sonic fanbase by being as bold as pumping out a sequel to the cherished trilogy, it better play on-par or better than those games instead going as far as trying to make a different "physics" engine. I mean we all know everything from the game play to the cat soundtrack is pretty underwhelming.

Problem is however I don't know if fans would ever take a remade Sonic 4 seriously, probably not even a Sonic 5

Sonic 4 is easily ignorable and was never a true atempt at making a sequel. Thats not the Sonic 4 anybody imagined so why remake it.  

Also did we really need a Sonic 4?

Like 3&K did a pretty great conclusion on its story so why bother?

I'd really like to see 06 get remade with a done-up modern touch to the gameplay. and general revamp of everything.

Although, I can't see that happening. The adventure games or a Classic title would probably be their first option to go for, probably the latter.

• Thumbs Up 2

To cash in on peoples nostoilga?

• Thumbs Up 3

I've recently been thinking about a remake of Sonic 3D: Flickies Island. The general impression I get from that game is that it actually had a fair amount of okay ideas but it took the wrong approach to them and/or it was the wrong game for the wrong time. The level concepts/themes are pretty nice, the music (both versions really, but I prefer the Genesis soundtrack in this instance) are fine, and without factoring the game's sloppy controls or the fact that it's a fetchquest (both of which are the major strikes against this game), the level design is rather solid from an exploration standpoint. I get the sentiment that if Sonic Team and Traveller's Tales (aka Tt Games) held off on the project until the Sega Saturn and then tried to make a legitimate 3D Sonic game from it (rather than making it Sonic's isometric swan song for the Sega Genesis), we could had gotten a decent 3D classic Sonic game out of it.

So a 3D re-imagining of the game I think could turn out pretty nice. Like, take the existing level concepts, themes, and ideas, and rebuild them from the original isometric levels to fully 3D levels. Make it play more like a traditional Sonic game (get to the goal) or maybe go the 3D collect-a-thon route, with a heavy emphasis on using rolling/bouncing mechanics for exploring levels (think THPS-esque skatepark levels). In either instance, have the Flickies either grant Sonic additional powers or be used to access certain areas, so the player has (more) of an incentive to collect them. And it goes without saying, but also give the controls some serious fine-tuning. I think you'd probably have a pretty good remake that could easily be better than the original title.

At least, that's how I see it anyway.

EDIT:

I think Sonic 4 is in the same boat of Sonic 06 in that the original project is so heavily flawed from a design standpoint that you might as well make a new game entirely. I mean the biggest problem of the game (as a sequel) is also it's most fundamental problem-it was designed as a sequel that features old content with new gameplay, which virtually no other sequel does (and while there will be a handful of outliers, it would also be worth asking if a. those sequels were well-received and b. if the changes they made stuck afterwards with the next game...if they even got another game). A Sonic 4 with the ideal design brief might as well be a unrelated new project already.

Edited by Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 4

A sequel series to the classics isn't an inherently bad idea, so long as it finds a way to cover new ground like the Advance series. Sonic 4...didn't really do that. 

To actually answer the question, I wouldn't mind a remake of the first riders if it fixed the visuals, added new tracks, threw in online play, and tightened the controls a bit. 

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic Adventure series complete with real Genesis style 3D gameplay and graphics upgrade. Also, polish the alternate gameplays to fit in a Sonic game where everyone plays like Sonic but feels like there own character instead of just a better Sonic. Examples:

-mech shooting was great in Adventure because it has speed and platforming to it, make Eggman the same way

-Tails shouldnt be in a mech

-Treasure hunting should be done like a Sonic stage or like in Sonic Generations where your looking for red rings. Or that the emeralds are strung out in a line and the last one is your goal ring at the end. 

Also:

-Give us a real reason to collect 180 emblems instead of some cheap knock off of Green Hill Zone.

-Make fishing optional. Some of us loved the fishing stages. We just hate being forced to do it to get the true story 

-Give Amy more stages in Sonic Adventure and the same challenges and bosses as the boys.

-Give us the option to play as other characters and others stories as a bonus for finishing the game.

good idea☺

A sequel series to the classics isn't an inherently bad idea, so long as it finds a way to cover new ground like the Advance series. Sonic 4...didn't really do that. 

To actually answer the question, I wouldn't mind a remake of the first riders if it fixed the visuals, added new tracks, threw in online play, and tightened the controls a bit. 

lol

YeahPersonally,I never played any riders game at all.

• Thumbs Up 1