Awoo.

If they were to remake a game (besides the classics)

Marioandsonic123

I'd love to see Sonic Adventure get a proper 'Director's Cut'. While it's dated badly, there's definitely a scuffed up gem in there, and it feels like it was really rushed off the shelves.

* Touch up the levels and add a handful of new ones (according to data files at least three more were planned) and maybe expand the Adventure Fields a bit more. 

* Make better use of advanced hardware by streaming more of the areas (all that segmented route really broke the momentum) and maybe making less elements awkwardly automated. Also perhaps Super could be made fully playable as originally intended.

* Give the non-Sonic characters a longer campaign mode (at the very least 6-8 levels with more of their own mini games).

* Properly animated cutscenes with better dialogue (something on the level of Japanese Sonic X would be nice).

* Fine tune the characters in subtle but effective ways (eg. Make Big and Amy slightly faster and perhaps add the odd optional extra ability, such as SA2 or Heroes' upgrades).

* Maybe a multiplayer mode as a neat little extra (just making VS modes for Sonic, Knuckles and Gamma's modes like in SA2 would be great).

Edited by E-122-Psi
  • Thumbs Up 3

I've seen a few people write the Adventure Games and I agree but I think they should make a complete remake of Sonic '06. This time no rush and they can fix all the glitches and problems. I think they should do this because I feel the game has potential to be great.

Speaking of popularity, does anybody know who won the most recent popularity contest SEGA was doing some time ago?

It managed to get the first round matchups done, but then died on its arse. I wonder if he was ordered from higher up or if he just got so busy with the Social Media side that it fell to the wayside. 

It managed to get the first round matchups done, but then died on its arse. I wonder if he was ordered from higher up or if he just got so busy with the Social Media side that it fell to the wayside. 

Dang I had no idea it just died. I forgot all about it until just today really.

Oh well. Chances are Shadow would have won anyways.

While the Adventure games certainly deserve remakes; I think I would rather see a modern take on Sonic Heroes. It's the most unique instalment in the franchise that we've  had to date and to top it off; it doesn't get as much hate as most "one off" Sonic games.

PS: If the classic games were ever redone; I'd LOVE to see them take ques from the recent Rayman games :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Y'know, maybe I'm just talking crazy here, but I can't help but wonder what a full 3d version of the Classic games would be like. (1-3K, CD)

• Thumbs Up 2

Like everyone else, I want for the Adventure games, especially Adventure 1, to be remade. They are both fundamentally good games that are held back by poor polishing and questionable ideas (namely fishing in SA1). Not to mention the general consensus on both games is that they haven't aged well, so for that alone the Adventure games deserve remakes to combat that.

Although I would really love for Sonic Heroes to get a masterful remake. I really love Heroes, enough to make it one of my top 3 favorite Sonic games, but it's hard to deny that it is very, very flawed. Hell, I tried to replay the entire game just a few months ago but ended up rage quitting at Final Fortress for Team Sonic because the flaws really started getting in the way of my enjoyment for the game. Like, it's easy to see why many people consider Heroes to be the point where the franchise went downhill... So while the Adventure games are (arguably) good games that simply haven't aged well, I think Heroes is a very fun game that had great potential to be genuinely good but was sadly rushed and needs improvements, which a remake can deliver. Here are some ideas:

-FIX THE CONTROLS AND GLITCHES!!!

-Either make it so you only have to play one team to unlock the Last Story, leaving the rest of the teams optional, or have each team play uniquely from each other and go through different levels (preferably the latter)

-Make the game less combat intensive by reducing the mandatory enemy fights and removing their health bars so they can be more easily killed (Power characters can be kept relevant by having them be the only ones capable of killing armored enemies)

-Give the plot some actual meat and improve on some of the characterizations (I would LOVE for that god-awful cutscene that cemented Amy as the "psycho stalker" to many people to be completely removed...

-Make the bosses more unique from each other and actually fun and challenging to play

-Major update to the overall graphics would be much appreciated

-Improved multiplayer (that shouldn't have to be unlocked)

-Just a fun little bonus, have some of the future characters (such as Blaze and Silver) become playable and bring back some of the past characters (Mighty, Ray, Nack, etc.) and also have them playable, perhaps added to the main story or just completely optional, non-canon additions

• Thumbs Up 3

-FIX THE CONTROLS AND GLITCHES!!!

-Make the game less combat intensive by reducing the mandatory enemy fights and removing their health bars so they can be more easily killed (Power characters can be kept relevant by having them be the only ones capable of killing armored enemies)

Surprisingly enoug Sonic Heroes doesn't exactly have any notable glitches, nothing that exist outside the Ps2 version. It really is just control and that's only because of having no acceleration and top speed being too high as well as the only running speed you can move at.

There's not really any way to make the Power characters' "Power" be useful in a less combat oriented situation. In a platformer, unless it can be used optionally...and/or creatively other than fighting or breaking stuff, it's too much a situational thing. The only other thing they can do is glide on wind currents, which the flight characters should already be able to do.

Surprisingly enoug Sonic Heroes doesn't exactly have any notable glitches, nothing that exist outside the Ps2 version. It really is just control and that's only because of having no acceleration and top speed being too high as well as the only running speed you can move at.

There's not really any way to make the Power characters' "Power" be useful in a less combat oriented situation. In a platformer, unless it can be used optionally...and/or creatively other than fighting or breaking stuff, it's too much a situational thing. The only other thing they can do is glide on wind currents, which the flight characters should already be able to do.

Come to think of it, I never really experienced any serious glitches in any of my playthroughs of Heroes. I could've sworn Heroes being "glitchy" is a rather common complaint...

Hm, I guess you have a point there. Maybe a better idea would be "Make the combat less repetitive and not disrupt the flow." Either way, the combat aspect of Heroes needs to be improved. And yeah, Flight characters should be the only types who can ride air currents. I mean, they're entire shtick is AIR! Why are the Power Types, who are mostly represented by huge, heavy characters, the ones who ride up air currents? Just because Knuckles is a Power character who can glide doesn't mean every Power character can and should glide (though admittedly the way Big and Vector glide is rather creative. And it would've made sense for Omega to glide with his "jet boosters"...)

Oh yeah, I was also going to add in my post (but I completely forgot) is  that I would also like Unleashed to be remade. I know, it's very recent and doesn't need a remake but it's something I would definitely welcome regardless. With the advances in graphics since 2008, an Unleashed remake could potentially be even more stunning than the original. It would be nice if more countries (such as Australia) got represented in this potential Unleashed remake (Empire City wasn't technically mandatory story-wise so I don't see why not). The middle portions of the story, and the Werehog by extension, can get some much needed fleshing out. And of course, the Night Levels will be improved in every aspect to be more suiting in Sonic and, above all, fun. No, they should not be removed entirely. Fuck that noise.

Both Rush games to consoles with HD graphics and music would be a dream come true for me

They can redo Rush 1's awful bosses for all I care though. In general, both games' bosses need to be sped way up in order to feel entertaining, since they're sluggish and easily my least enjoyed aspects of the mini-series.

• Thumbs Up 4

Let me just get this out of the way, because I'm fucking amazed I've never seen this suggested before:

TM_NDS_KirbySuperstarUltra_sharing_image

If we've got to have a remake, go whole-hog and make it a compilation. Represent a whole swath of games in the same engine, rebuilt to support it with all the same abilities and content spread throughout. Then hell, use them as a build up to an original game with a unique spin on your own formula and a ton of extra modes pieced together from reused content (hopefully more than just boss rushes).

...of course, it helps in Kirby's case that until recently the majority of his better known games could be finished in well under an hour, but as long as it's all sprite and tile-based anyway, how time consuming could it be to make?

• Thumbs Up 2

My dream package would be collection, which consist both SA1 and SA2 and why not Heroes also?

All games would get a graphical update, better animations and camera. And voice acting? Sigh... It should probably be remade but with many characters I prefer at least some of their Dreamcast-era actors over current ones. And realize that modern controllers have more than 3 buttons, especially with SA2

SA1:

Fix the glitches the game has. I would say that keep the gameplaystyles close to the originals but make it possible to play any full level with any character, especially with Tails and Knuckles it should not be that hard.

I say that keep fishing mandatory. Honestly, it's not that bad and takes only 10-20 minutes to finish if you bothered to read the manual before starting.

But controls should be close to the original (I love how SA1 handles. I still think it has the best controls out of all 3D games even if SA2, Generations and Lost World come close). But make light speed dash work like in SA2 if you give it its own button.

SA2:

When it comes to the SA2, at least give an option to choose between SA1 and 2 style radar in treasure hunting.

Option to use SA1 characters in levels (ok, this is mostly because of SA1 Tails but I also prefer SA1 Sonic over SA2 Sonic because of the better rolling)

And when it comes to the Chao-garden, make it completely optional. Not something you have to do to collect all emblems.

Heroes:

Make controls better. I would also like that level design would be slightly more different when comes to the different teams. Giveall the the characters some abilities that they previously had (seriously, it was stupid that in order to make other characters relevant they nerfed some others)

With Adventure games because of the structure I don't mind the lack of super forms but here, because you have to collect the emeralds there is no excuse not to be able to play with Team Super Sonic in normal levels after you have collected all of them.

SA1:

Fix the glitches the game has. I would say that keep the gameplaystyles close to the originals but make it possible to play any full level with any character, especially with Tails and Knuckles it should not be that hard.

I say that keep fishing mandatory. Honestly, it's not that bad and takes only 10-20 minutes to finish if you bothered to read the manual before starting.

But controls should be close to the original (I love how SA1 handles. I still think it has the best controls out of all 3D games even if SA2, Generations and Lost World come close). But make light speed dash work like in SA2 if you give it its own button.

Concerning changing or removing gameplay styles, I'm sorta in agreement of keeping them fairly close to the originals outside making the controls and mechanics more stable (I could understand mild changes that make for better playability such as improving the controls of the fishing mechanics). However the unlock able move system in SA1 does give some leeway to what people want. You could have a hidden light ring for Sonic hidden somewhere that gives him an instant light speed dash for example, or shoes that make Big or Amy faster. You don't HAVE to get them that way.

I also stand by the idea that if it doesn't have all six gameplay styles, it's not really a SA remake, fishing including. They can make the fishing better, or flesh out the levels a little for more platforming elements (which seems like the idea they had in the first place) but Big stays.

If there's any big change I might be willing to overlook, it's the story potential. The cutscenes should be a lot better executed, good graphics and more professional dialogue (it can still be quirky, but not crap, something like Unleashed's style would be great). I'm also wondering whether some of the characters were meant to have bigger story modes. Gamma's in particular stands out. After his first level there's a HUGE gap in the plot. Was he meant to have more involvement in the main story, maybe helping Eggman with Chaos more?

Let me just get this out of the way, because I'm fucking amazed I've never seen this suggested before:

If we've got to have a remake, go whole-hog and make it a compilation. Represent a whole swath of games in the same engine, rebuilt to support it with all the same abilities and content spread throughout. Then hell, use them as a build up to an original game with a unique spin on your own formula and a ton of extra modes pieced together from reused content (hopefully more than just boss rushes).

...of course, it helps in Kirby's case that until recently the majority of his better known games could be finished in well under an hour, but as long as it's all sprite and tile-based anyway, how time consuming could it be to make?

...But this isn't a Sonic game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Kirby Superstar Ultra is my favorite Sonic game. 

Where do I start, where do I start?

From the 16 bit era: Sonic 3D blast, Sonic CD, 

Dreamcast era: Sonic Adventure, Heroes. Sonic Advance 1 and 3.

Modern Era: Sonic Generations. Too much potential was lost with this game for it to be excluded. 

I would enjoy a story book remake. I think it had great ideas that could be explored and there is something about sonic running around in an old folk story world that intriuges me.

i just think that they failed at capturing the actual magic of such worlds. instead of on rail gameplay this should have been more open world friendly. Realy exploring these legendary worlds and learn about the characters in them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

A few people have already talked about them but I would like to see the Adventures games have remakes. I really enjoyed playing Speed Highway and City Escape again in Generations.

Sonic 1 for the Master System. Imagine how gorgeous the Jungle zone would look, and imagine how epic Scrap Brain and especially Sky Base in the stormy clouds would be. And the music, holy gods, a proper remastered version of the Scrap Brain theme would be incredible.

Seriously, that game was climatic as fuck towards the end, even for a Master System game. Lots of atmosphere. Imagine that but better.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't see why you all want Adventure-Remakes.

How do both games deserve to be re-remaked?

I'd rather see a 06 Remastered (yes.) or Sonic 3 & Knuckles Remastered. Oh, and Advance 1-3 would be pretty awesome, too. And... maybe Rush 1+2.

Edited by Ruki185
  • Thumbs Up 1

...But this isn't a Sonic game. 

He's using it as an example of how to remake a collection of Sonic games. Read the post. 

• Thumbs Up 2