Awoo.

If they were to remake a game (besides the classics)

Marioandsonic123

I don't see why you all want Adventure-Remakes.

How do both games deserve to be re-remaked?

I'd rather see a 06 Remastered (yes.) or Sonic 3 & Knuckles Remastered. Oh, and Advance 1-3 would be pretty awesome, too. And... maybe Rush 1+2.

A remaster of 06!?

No no no, it needs to be remade from scratch. 

• Thumbs Up 1

He's using it as an example of how to remake a collection of Sonic games. Read the post. 

I think VEDJ-F was making a joke more than genuinely misunderstanding his post.

Sonic Adventure is the game that needs it most IMO. And if it gets remade, Big probably needs to be removed. He doesn't add anything to the overarching plot, and his gameplay is universally hated. Cameos like in Sonic Adventure 2 would be cool tho. 

I want to say either Sonic Adventure game, but I also don't have much of a problem playing either of those games today, and if they were to remake them, it wouldn't take much tweaking to make them really good.

I guess maybe an HD Sonic Advance? I really liked the first one, but the super grainy GBA screen didn't do it any favors. 

As long as we're talking about hypothetical remakes, I think it would be neat to see Triple Trouble remade\remastered into something that would fit comfortably next to the original trilogy.

It doesn't even need to be developed by Sega either, I'd totally be behind a fan project that attempted a Genesis-styled recreation as well.

Don't really get why some are suggesting the removal of Big and maybe Gamma if a Sonic Adventure remake happened. Nothing wrong with little variety in a game. I do agree of course their gameplay along with everyone else would need to be extremely improved... which would just happen by default from a complete remake regardless. I think the real problem folk have here is forcing the player to play everything to unlock everything else, so just have that aspect removed and problem fixed I guess.

• Thumbs Up 6

Sonic Adventure is the game that needs it most IMO. And if it gets remade, Big probably needs to be removed. He doesn't add anything to the overarching plot, and his gameplay is universally hated. Cameos like in Sonic Adventure 2 would be cool tho. 

There are SOME that like the gameplay, and many that have the whole 'not great but I can tolerate it' disposition. At the very least I feel removing something large from the game is a no-no. Regardless of some personal tastes, that's a downgrade. I also don't get why so many complain you were forced to play as Big compared to games like SA2 and Next Gen where you were made to switch as multiple characters mid game. Yeah, you need to finish Big's mode for Super Sonic's, but it's no different from how  Heroes or Advance set it up.

As mentioned, just improve the mechanics and develop the platformer elements a little.

Another overlooked title; Knuckles Chaotix. This definitely deserved a second look, the whole thing was rushed to the shelves and the result are bland levels with tons of unused assets. Granted a chat with Stealth and Taxman clarified that even if such a project were approved, making a 'finished' version of the game like such likely wouldn't get the green light from SEGA, which is a shame.

I for one, have personally come to dislike any and all forms of genre roulette. When I play a specific genre of game, that's the kind of game I expect to be playing the whole time I am playing that game. From that sense, I've grown weary of Sonic games having vastly different gameplay styles between characters- and thus, I cannot tolerate the non-Sonic and Tails (he's similar enough to Sonic) gameplay of Adventure 1, the non-Sonic and Shadow gameplay of Adventure 2, the Silver gameplay of 06 (for the most part, Shadow is similar enough, aside from the vehicles), and the Werehog gameplay of Unleashed.

However, if they did remake Adventure 1 and/or 2, it's pretty obvious that they would have to include those gameplay styles (with improvements) unless it were a complete re-imagining on the same kind of scale as the FF VII remake seems to be. I just think I personally would not buy it, as I no longer wish to not play a speed-based Platformer when I'm playing a mainline Sonic game.

I find that the best case of "genre roulette" was Generations, because it was within the same genre, just different style of play. I'm one of the people who'd want other playable characters to be more in-line with what Sonic 3 & Knuckles- same genre, similar ways of getting through levels, but unique abilities to allow new/different paths through the level.

I can understand people's dislike for SA1's genre roulette, however out of almost all the modern games, it is the one that compromised it the best, since they're all in separate campaign modes. You don't like Big or Knuckles? Just play Sonic's story. His mode alone was practically a full 3D game anyway. It was pretty ideal, at least until you wanted Super Sonic's mode.

I feel like this setup, since it's already there, may as well be taken advantage of more. Fine tune and add some Sonic levels to appease fans of the standard gameplay, meanwhile flesh out the alternative characters more, make them more on par with Sonic's level of development with more developed handling and levels. Maybe they'd be better received if they weren't as half baked compared to his.

Edited by E-122-Psi

As everyone already stated, I think we can all agree that Adventure HD remakes are a must.

If it ever does happen, I'd like to see an Adventure/Adventure 2/Heroes HD remake trilogy for the Nintendo 3DS just like what they did  with Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask and Star Fox 64.

Sonic 06 deserves to be fixed and properly remade but what's the point? Everyone's still gonna bash it.

I would also love to see the Advance series remastered!

Honestly?

Sonic 1.

Don't get me wrong, it's the game that started it all, however it's pretty flawed compared to its two brothers. Outside of Green Hill, and maybe Starlight Zone, the design of the levels don't really compliment the game's mechanics. It's too focused on plodding precision platforming when Sonic was never really good at that. It's also just very stop-and-go, not speedy and flowing like good Sonic levels are.

A Sonic 1 remake with full 3D visuals,  the mechanical improvements made in the sequels, and improved level design would be a sight to see. Now, does the Sonic Team of today have the skill to pull those off? I don't know. But we can dream, I guess.

EDIT: Oops, didn't read the title fully. Well in that case my choice would be Sonic 4.

Edited by DarkSamus117

I actually don't want Sonic 4 remade, I love that game just the way it is, in all honesty. Never cared for Sonic 3 (found it way to easy, but that's off-topic). Here's my remake wish:

"Sonic Heroes":

Use the PC engine as a base as it's vastly superior over the other consoles (even the PS2 version which I love). The PC versions' great with it's graphic quality enhancement and faster loading times. I'd keep the teamwork gameplay as it's OK just they way it is ( in my opinion). I like switching on the fly.

Sonic Adventure DX:

This needs a heavily revamped in both the gameplay and graphical department. It needs some bug fixes (like falling off the bridge in the Orca chase scene). I always wanted to see "Emerald Coast" in glorious HD.

EDIT: OK so since the new rule's in place, I'll change my last answer to: "Sonic 3D Blast" Saturn/PC version. All it needs is a graphical overhaul and an option for Saturn/PC and "Genesis" music (for those who actually liked it XD). 

Edited by baba_944

I feel that The Geek Critique's review of SA1 summed up the key gameplay problems with SA1:

1. You have to manuever yourself around accurately to avoid glitching the game or just to run around smoothly (compared to most other games where you usually at least had to go out of your way to significantly break it).

2. Too much focus on 'spectacle' with a lot of elements pretty much automated and you watching a cutscene where, again, your involvement can break the game.

Both problems have been rectified somewhat in the later titles, at least in the manner you can see how SA1's can be fixed. We've at least got to a point we can do proper 3D loop de loops and on rail sequences where you can properly interact, so I feel this could be made at least tolerable if remade to a higher spec platform. It really should have been done for SADX, though a LOT of things should have done for SADX.

Edited by E-122-Psi
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just thought up another game that is eligible for a remake: Sonic Shuffle! I personally don't know much about Shuffle other than it being Sonic's take on Mario Party and ended up not being very successful, ironically despite being produced by the same people who make Mario Party! However, maybe THAT'S why the game mostly failed! It was sabotage by Nintendo sympathizers!

But I have heard a few people say that the actual gameplay is pretty good and that the only problems are the load times, the cheap A.I., and less than stellar mini-games. So with this in mind, I think Shuffle is at least warranted a remake to iron out those problems and get a new start. The game deserves a second shot and it would be nice to have new Sonic spin off to play since the only Sonic spin offs that appear to be alive anymore are the M&S Olympic Games and Mobile apps. Seriously, the Riders series is dead (thanks to the Kinect), the Storybooks appear to be no more, and we haven't had an original, Handheld exclusive game since Rush Adventure... It's maddening. Though I wonder if a newly improved Shuffle would be received any better today given the gaming community and mainstream public's insistence that every Sonic game should be all fast all the time (cuz "Gatta go fast" amirite?) Fuck that meme!

Edited by Kaotic Kanine

Probably Generations. Mainly so that the story wouldn't be so bare bones. Plus I'd have it be 4 stages per era instead of 3. Classic would have Ice cap zone, Dreamcast would have the Black Comet, and Modern would have the Night Palace.

Definately the 3 Dreamcast Era games. They don't need to add in any Boost system or anything like that, just make the visuals up to date as we'll as improve the gameplay.

Also Generations 3DS, change to representing the Handhelds like everyone initially thought it was gonna do.

Definately the 3 Dreamcast Era games. They don't need to add in any Boost system or anything like that, just make the visuals up to date as we'll as improve the gameplay.

Also Generations 3DS, change to representing the Handhelds like everyone initially thought it was gonna do.

3? There's two. They just putted heroes their because it LOOKS like a Dreamcast game (in my opinion).

I'd say Sonic 06.

Getting all three Advance titles remade would be awesome too. Love what they did with Amy in those games, good challenge.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't really need full on remakes. Sonic Adventure and maybe Heroes getting remasters at the level of SA2's would be nice. Also, if Adventure is done, I'd want them to use the original Dreamcast models instead of the shiny DX ones. Oh, and I guess SA2 would need to be brought to current consoles, too.

a Taxman remaster of S3&K would be awesome. Sonic Advance 1, too.

On 12/29/2015 at 3:16 AM, Marioandsonic123 said:

OK. New rule,no Sa2/DX Remakes.

Are we seriously going to start putting restrictions? Honestly, I was gonna go into a detailed explanation about why I feel SA1 should have been remade, but oops. looks like I'm not allowed to now.

20 hours ago, Marioandsonic123 said:

3? There's two. They just putted heroes their because it LOOKS like a Dreamcast game (in my opinion).

Three. Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Shuffle. If you want to go further, there's four, because the original Genesis Sonic was ported to Dreamcast with Sega Smash Pack Volume 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I'd say Sonic 06.

...why? I know it's your opinion and all but...why?

Out of all games, you chose this? From the terrible storyline which is seriously dripping with plotholes to cringing scenes of Sonic and the android looking girl Elise...why?

• Thumbs Up 2

37 minutes ago, Merry Merry Yuigahama said:

...why? I know it's your opinion and all but...why?

Out of all games, you chose this? From the terrible storyline which is seriously dripping with plotholes to cringing scenes of Sonic and the android looking girl Elise...why?

That's why. A remake is not just a graphical improvement, plenty of things can be altered.

7 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

That's why. A remake is not just a graphical improvement, plenty of things can be altered.

Not to start a whole big '06 argument in here but...what do you see in it that's even worth saving?

• Thumbs Up 3