Awoo.

If they were to remake a game (besides the classics)

Marioandsonic123

Yeah thats what I want to know as well. I mean even SEGA doesnt want anything to do with that game and as big as a trainwreck as that game was, I dont blame them and it has lost any potential people thought the game could have had. 

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

That's why. A remake is not just a graphical improvement, plenty of things can be altered.

If you are changing a lot of the story and characters including dramatically changing the look and personality of Princess Elise, then it's not a remake. It might as well be a new game/reboot.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Chris Knopps said:

That's why. A remake is not just a graphical improvement, plenty of things can be altered.

If they start changing the story or characters featured in 06 then it wouldn't be 06, it'd be an entirely new game instead.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Idon'tcare said:

If they start changing the story or characters featured in 06 then it wouldn't be 06, it'd be an entirely new game instead.

Meh, just a personal desire.

• Thumbs Up 1

In my opinion, '06 should be left alone.

Nothing good could come of a SONIC ‘06 remake and the fact that it would undoubtedly cause controversy is part of that - Controversy from the fans of the game who would likely have a shitfit over the vast and required differences and controversy from the fans who think that is isn’t a necessary game and that ST/SEGA could be funneling their resources into an original project instead of revisiting their greatest mistake.

I mean, to make a good SONIC ‘06 remake, you’d have to gut out so many things (Since the game was rotten practically at the very foundations), scrap the premise (What if Sonic were real?”) and change the story and character roles so much that quite frankly, it would be highly unlikely to be recognisable as ‘06. Not that that is a bad thing. What I’m getting at is that it wouldn’t be recognizable. And that would shoot a hole in why '06 is specifically being remade, would beg the question of why an original project wasn’t conceptualized and worked-upon instead.

‘06 needs to be left in the past and learned from. Not revisited. Because very little good can come from it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I posted something like this on my tumblr so Ill repost it here:

I dunno man but it is annoying when people say that we need Sonic 06 remakes. I know opinions are opinions yes, but what about this game do you think needs saving? What about this game are you willing to hold on to?

Because if the company that made the game is trying to forget it ever existed (sans for bringing back Crisis City in Generations for nostoilga reasons and Mephiles being in Sonic Runners, a game thats not even canon) then I think the game should stay where it should stay… in the trash.

It also bothers me when the defense is “well it has potential”, it really bothers me because when I hear this it usually means that the debater wants to hold on to something even if it is time to get rid of it. Certain concepts, ideas and even characters are not worth holding on to and it is usually for the better. Sonic 06 is one of them.

So please tell me what about this game are you wanting to hold on to? Because I see nothing and nether does Sega.

8 minutes ago, Mikyeong said:

I posted something like this on my tumblr so Ill repost it here:

I dunno man but it is annoying when people say that we need Sonic 06 remakes. I know opinions are opinions yes, but what about this game do you think needs saving? What about this game are you willing to hold on to?

Because if the company that made the game is trying to forget it ever existed (sans for bringing back Crisis City in Generations for nostoilga reasons and Mephiles being in Sonic Runners, a game thats not even canon) then I think the game should stay where it should stay… in the trash.

It also bothers me when the defense is “well it has potential”, it really bothers me because when I hear this it usually means that the debater wants to hold on to something even if it is time to get rid of it. Certain concepts, ideas and even characters are not worth holding on to and it is usually for the better. Sonic 06 is one of them.

So please tell me what about this game are you wanting to hold on to? Because I see nothing and nether does Sega.

I just like the tone/atmosphere really. Sonic saving a princess was cool to me. Wipe out the romance aspects of the plot and I'd say I'm good. I always had a preference for the mach speed portions of the game over the boost because it put something new in the franchise to think about, that being speed actually can hurt/kill Sonic which the boost games wiped out. I mentioned this in the video I posted in a thread here not long ago. An invincible Sonic is boring but I liked how it showed how willing Sonic was to put his life on the line to go at an insane speed for the right causes.

I liked how they brought that back in Lost World in a way. Mach speed has always topped the boost game play to me. Plus... Dunno, it's the fact that it was one of the final games SEGA wasn't afraid to give us new characters in. I hate that the world is the only thing that grows now save for new villains. I always loved getting new characters to play as whether they stayed or not. That's another thing that has made Sonic lack a lot of appeal in my opinion, the cancellation of new cast.

Characters are another thing people focus too much on the past on. You meet new people, make new friends all the time. Sonic should be no different just because some are "OMAGHERD DON'T FORGET MAH FAVORITE!!" over the matter.

A lot of people leave their best friends eventually too in life.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sonic Lost World, due to the atrocious and un-Sonic plot. Sonic shouldn't just lay around making bad puns, that's Bubsy. And his treatment of the Deadly Six was unwarranted. Tails was a major dick as well. Knuckles was utterly useless. Every asset was a wreck. The gameplay needs some fine tuning as well.

Here's a fun fact, the writer for 06 was the same writer for a good number of Sonic X episodes(hence the romance), she also was the writer for Sonic Unleashed.

4 hours ago, Idon'tcare said:

Get rid of the romance, make it friendship. Give Elise an anime model, smoothing all the Sonic characters models, and I'm good,no....I'm fucking GREAT.

11 hours ago, The Very First Miru to Me said:

Sonic Lost World, due to the atrocious and un-Sonic plot. Sonic shouldn't just lay around making bad puns, that's Bubsy. And his treatment of the Deadly Six was unwarranted. Tails was a major dick as well. Knuckles was utterly useless. Every asset was a wreck. The gameplay needs some fine tuning as well.

I just wish Colors-Lost World didn't consist of puns for the most part, filled with woody woodpecker laughter from Sonic to fill in the blank spaces whenever the writers didn't feel like, well, writing.

Pun, laughter. Pun, laughter. Random groan. Pun, laughter.

That's your plot folks! Hyuck!

4 minutes ago, Chris Knopps said:

I just wish Colors-Lost World didn't consist of puns for the most part, filled with woody woodpecker laughter from Sonic to fill in the blank spaces whenever the writers didn't feel like, well, writing.

It's a good thing none of that's true, then.

Anyway I'm really not a big fan of remakes, but if they were going to remake something, I'd like it to be SA. It's old enough and shaky enough that a full, ground-up remake would actually make for a significant jump in quality, and unlike games like ShtH, RoL, and '06, it actually has enough good and interesting ideas that it's worth trying to fix and expand on them.

Sonic's gameplay would largely stay the same. It had the right ideas, its biggest problems were engine-wide things like the collision detection. Patch that up, expand the level design, tweak his controls, and we could see the best 3D Sonic gameplay yet.

Tails' gameplay needs a nerf; his flight is just too powerful. Either redesign it for short bursts of flight rather than "cross half the level in one go", or tweak it and his level designs to force you to use it well and not just superjump over everything.

For Knuckles, I'd ditch the treasure hunting. Give him more linear stages with an emerald shard as the goal object. Restrict his climbing a little bit (so it's "most walls" rather than "every wall"), try to keep his levels relatively boxed in so he can't abuse his glide too much.

I like how Amy's gameplay tries to use Zero to keep her moving forwards. There's a seed of a good idea there, but he's not threatening enough, and the attempted stealth elements don't work. Fix them or remove them, rework Zero to make him put more pressure on the player, and give Amy a bit of a speed boost.

Gamma mostly just needs some smoothing out of his controls. Maybe ditch the multi lock-on, as it tends to encourage the player to stop and wait for as many enemies to get tagged as possible, and make the combo system more about rushing from enemy to enemy.

Big...I say push the fishing into a minigame/hub world activity and give him more standard action gameplay. Show off his super strength, maybe let him use his fishing rod as a grappling hook or something.

The story would stay mostly the same. Maybe tweak a few things to make them more clear. Rewrite the dialogue to feel more natural, rerecord it with the new VAs, re-animate the cutscenes to be less stiff and more energetic, etc etc.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm not sure about reworking how the characters play altogether, but maybe tweaking it's engine so it's more fun. Basically the original, but sanded and polished.

Big's current gameplay could be easily made more fun for example, just make the fishing controls more accurate and fluid and give him a small part of each platformer segment that leads up to the pool area (similar to Hot Shelter I suppose). His move set could easily be boosted. Make him a little faster but keep his heavier controlling so he feels thoroughly the same and his rod attack can be given a larger hit radius. They could perhaps add one or two optional power ups he can find that enable more moves (eg. one that enables his Heroes' body slam or his umbrella so he can float) that purists are allowed to ignore. All this would greatly improve on his setbacks while still feeling pretty accurate to the original game.

I feel some of the other campaign modes should have been more than half of Sonic's size, especially Gamma since he doesn't get a second chance. If they wanted to take a real dive they could add more levels (at least three more were planned anyway). It likely wouldn't be hard to plant them in without changing too much of the story flow, especially since their gimmicks usually allowed any level to be hashed in (Knuckles just needs a place where more shards were scattered, Big just needs Froggy to run off, Amy just needs to be chased by ZERO, Gamma just needs an E-Series/an order from Eggman, etc). Maybe stick in some more mini games as well. Only Amy got one Sonic didn't.