Awoo.

Future developer(s) of future Sonic games.

TrilbyWearingHedgehog

Q: Do you personally think upcoming Sonic games should be developed by Sega or Sonic Team, or a third-party developer?

Reply to this thread with your answers!

Sonic Team's last released game was an unintentional required-taste case but the few games before that ranged from decent to excellent, and Sonic seems to have very, VERY bad luck with third party devs, no matter how talented they are. Unless the third party Sonic curse is gone, ST all the way, bro.

Is SORA Ltd. bound only to Nintendo? If not, them. Give them a shot at a Sonic game in collaboration with Sonic Team. Please.

I've only played a little bit of Kid Icarus: Uprising, but I loved what I saw of the writing, and the action gameplay was pretty solid (the controls were a bit of a pain, however). I like to think they could do some fun stuff with Sonic.

Ideally I'd like it to be Sonic Team and another studio working on Sonic. Sonic Team and whatever they're doing with Sonic isn't really cutting it for me anymore, but at the same time I'm not exactly calling for the entire studio to be folded and I still have an interest in Sonic...just not with what they are doing. Hence why I say bring another studio in the mix. Ideally, a team with a. an actual pedigree in making quality products and b. a team who actually understand the series (or a specific style of it) and want to work with it. Already said it quite a few times now, but I'm preferably hoping for a team given the task of continuing the classic half of the Sonic series, while Sonic Team continues with the contemporary half.

Oh and if Dimps can be kept too I guess, though honestly I'd just give the responsibility to make handheld cousins to Sonic Team's games (or make handheld specific Sonic titles...if it ever happens) to another team or have Sonic Team make the handheld entries themselves for once. I'd hold much more enthusiasm in a Dimps making a Sonic/Sega-themed fighting game than letting them take another crack at a Sonic platformer entry.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've said this once and I'll say it ten million times over.  A Miyamoto or Sakurai produced Sonic game.

Kid Icarus Uprising actually makes me think Sakurai is perfect for it. Miyamoto wouldn't be my first choice, but Kid Icarus Uprising nailed a lot of things that people have been asking for of Sonic

Sonic Team if they could decide on anything related to the franchise for more than a game. But ideally I'd just throw it at Nintendo, or Arcane Kids (Dreams Collection aside.) Arcane has the Dreamcast/Saturn presentation/aesthetic down and they made Zineth, which was essentially Jet Set Adventure 2 pushed to it's logical extreme with it's momentum and skating mechanics; and speedy physics-based games being something the team excels at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCr5twS6xc8

I can't imagine they'd ever take on such a straight-forward commercialized project based on a property who's internet community they roasted the shit out of, but it is a pretty perfect match, at the very least in terms of programming the core gameplay.

Edit: aw jeez does this place not embed videos

Edited by Siobhan
  • Thumbs Up 2

To be honest, I would want platinum to make at least one sonic game, just to see how bonkers they would make that game.

I wonder if they would let Sakurai and his team work on a Sonic game, if so, I'd be all for that. Maybe Retro Studios?

Sonic Adventure 3 developed by Naughty Dog. Shadow the Hedgehog 2 developed by Platinum Games.

• 2 weeks later...

Retro Studios would do a great job. I've been playing SNES DKC lately and a couple of days ago I watched a gameplay from DKC Tropical Freeze, and I was like :o Why couldn't Sega do Sonic 4 like that? Or like Super Mario Bros Wii. A real classic Sonic updated with a modern engine but with the same essence, and great level and game design. Seriously, Sonic didn't deserve Sonic 4 from Sega. He deserved a game like DKC Tropical Freeze.

If Sega ever goes bankrupt, I'm sure Nintendo would buy IPs like Sonic and make great games with them. Such a shame Sega is nor good enough to do it and make money to survive.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think sonic team should make the games because they make them the best but if they cant make them I think the sanzaru games company should make a game because their sonic boom game wasnt that bad

Cheers :lol:

1 minute ago, ju87 said:

I think sonic team should make the games because they make them the best but if they cant make them I think the sanzaru games company should make a game because their sonic boom game wasnt that bad

Cheers :lol:

Sanzaru is already developing a sequel (Boom: Fire and Ice)

Just now, Tails spin said:

Sanzaru is already developing a sequel (Boom: Fire and Ice)

Yes I know but Im talking about the future when theyre done with this game

Cheers :D

I want to see Dimps come back for handheld original titles, not so much the console remakes onto the 3DS.  Advance Trilogy/ Rush were great games on portable and their work on Sonic colors DS shows that they still got it.  I just want them to do more than just tie ins.  But after Sonic 4, people's confidence in them just dipped.