Awoo.

Future developer(s) of future Sonic games.

TrilbyWearingHedgehog

11 minutes ago, TimmiT said:

Me. I should be the one to work on the next Sonic game. I'd make Adventure 3 a good game probably.

Definitely this.

Anyway, Sonic Team all the way. If we ever go down the third party route I'd only trust Platinum for that kind of super fast action. 

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe for future anniversary titles, they can assign one to Prope or Nintendo, provided Oshima and/or Yasuhara are involved in the latter.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Obviously they should be developed by Sonic Team. They made the best Sonic games, and I think they fit this objective the best. A third-party developer would be the worst idea (as we experienced in Sonic Boom). In my opinion, only the original Sonic creators know how to make good Sonic games. Unfortunately recently they laid back, but I hope they will return with great ideas and projects! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

I'd be fine with third party devs, but I think if Rise of Lyric showcased anything, we need a development team that actually can synergize with making Sonic games. I'd much rather to see Galaxy Trail or even a guy like LakeFeperd make a Sonic game, because... Well, they get it.

• 2 weeks later...

It's gotta be Platinum. The sheer spectacle of their big productions - MG Rising, Bayonetta, Vanquish etc - makes me salivate over what they would do with something like Sonic's speed. Their arcadey leanings with those games also meshes quite well with what Sonic has turned into - I think all those games mentioned rank you on completing levels too. Unleashed with more explosions and Eggman Gundams? Sign. Me. Up.

It's weird, because making Sonic games (if we're taking, say, the last console generations + Lost World as a sample) requires a skillset that is quite difficult to pull off. In Unleashed/Generations, Sonic handles more like a race car than something with two legs, but you also need to make that race car do precision platforming.  BRB saw the way around that as dividing speed and platforming in twain, Colours slowed the car down a bit, and Lost World just removed the speed altogether apart from a few 'mach speed' levels. It's very challenging to create levels in which Sonic's control works.

I'm not sure what developer could do that, really, if Sonic Team can't be bothered to do it half the time. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2016-01-23 at 2:21 PM, Treacher said:

Maybe for future anniversary titles, they can assign one to Prope or Nintendo, provided Oshima and/or Yasuhara are involved in the latter.

Nintendo has worked with all three before, and Arzest just finished Rio 3DS.

Yasuhara is actually at NST (Nintendo Software Technology) already.

Best combination is EAD Tokyo + Arzest + Prope + Yasuhara all working together on an NX Sonic game, hopefully with 100% freedom to make it how they want. Nintendo would of course publish it, Sega would just play as the IP holder and not much else, ala Bayonetta 2.

• Thumbs Up 1